It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul exposes the Coronavirus "hoax". Immediately attacked and censored by Facebook.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

i concur.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I wouldn’t ask a mechanic for advice about how to fix my dishwasher. Medical disciplines are highly specialized. Just being a doctor doesn’t mean a person is qualified in other areas that aren’t their expertise.

I would ask a mechanic to fix just about anything because they are knowledgeable and usually awesome at troubleshooting. That's a terrible analogy. I am not a doctor, but I usually trust advice from one. I am, however, an experienced mechanic and would without a doubt fix a dishwasher. I don't own one, though.

I get your apprehension. It's seems almost driven by your bias against the guy/party. I like what he has to say and appreciate the words from anyone with more knowledge than me. Not some random internet persona.

Is he completely right? Who knows. Time will tell how this plays out. But to think he doesn't have experience in the medical field because he specialized in women's anatomy (virology plays a part here too) is somewhat dismissive. There are tons of surgeons and PCP's speaking out too, are they wrong because they are not virologists? Your logic is somewhat flawed.

No matter what...stay safe, internet friend.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Not only would most actual mechanics be able to fix your dishwasher, I am certain they would be able to soup it up and make it look better.

I knows what you were getting at, but I think your parable was kind of reversed.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Her is a very healthy, very active building contractor. Does not smoke, works through the flu if he gets it, no other health problems or history of respiratory issues. Coughing blood is just a byproduct of coughing really hard and really often.

A building contractor is exposed to all kinds of dusts, chemicals, sprays, sawdust, drywall dust, etc.

Again, I am not discrediting you at all. I want to hear these stories. But to cough blood from coughing really hard and really often is really concerning. That person you speak of has bigger issues in his lungs. Virus or not, that man needs a hospital now!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.

Italy has had over 2,500 coronavirus deaths along with 30,000 confirmed cases, and health officials have been looking through the data to find what has contributed to the deaths.

The study showed that nearly 50% of the deaths came from individuals who had three or more previous medical conditions. The other 50% had one or two other previous conditions.

Just three of the fatalities from the data analyzed came from people with no medical history.

The average age of someone infected in the country was 63 years old, and the average age among those who had died was 80 years old.

So far, there have been over 214,00 confirmed cases globally and nearly 9,000 deaths. Over 83,000 people have recovered from the coronavirus.

Links:

science.slashdot.org...

www.bloomberg.com...

nypost.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.washingtonexaminer.com...
[edit by]edit on 20-3-2020 by badwhiskey because: deleted a double link to NYPost

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

I have been worrying about this too. They are keeping us from getting together as much as possible, they can't have us discussing things online either.

And the perfect excuse would probably be, "we have to cut everyone back because of so many people using the internet while working from home
and home schooling their kids."

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Who says it's going to be short? I have seen numerous reports saying that 12 to 18 months will probably be necessary, (in their opinion, of course)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Or the fact that both SARS and H1N1 were both more contagious and fatal than the Coronavirus.

Incorrect.

In order to get a fair comparison between covid-19 and previous outbreaks you either have to wait until the covid-19 outbreak is over and compare the final numbers to the others, or, you have to compare the others when they were the same age as covid-19. Its not fair to compare years worth of data on one virus to a few months on another.

When the covid-19 outbreak was at the three month point the mortality rate was 3.4%. By comparison, when the H1N1 Swine flu outbreak of 2009 was at the three month point the mortality rate was .4%. There were 44,287 cases worldwide with 180 deaths. That means that covid-19 is 8.5 times more lethal than Swine flu was at the same point in the outbreak. The Swine flu outbreak of 2009 ended up killing nearly a quarter of a million people. If that ratio remains constant and the covid-19 outbreak takes the same trajectory as the Swine flu outbreak did that will equate to roughly 2.1 million people dead.

I may call this outbreak a lot of things but hoax is not among them. Parts of this event may be misrepresented, or outright lies, but the fact is people are dying - and its going to get worse before it gets better.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Finally a balanced perspective., which I appreciated.
Thanks for posting this.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Sure swine flu may have killed a quarter of a million people, or 284,500 according to the Lancet report everyone cites, but the actual death numbers recorded at the time was less than 20,000. And that's after a full year - April 2009-April 2010. We're not using estimated figures for this pandemic and it has already hit half of that figure.

But just for the spirit of debate let's look at the figures that paper came up with for just Europe. The number was estimated at 31,300 (Range 17,200 – 67,600). Remember those numbers are for a full year. Europe currently has over 5,000 deaths already which means it's well on pace to beat those figures. In 2009 Europe's confirmed total was less than 3,000 for comparison.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

How long...

Before they start to limit internet access to fight hate speech and fake news?

I think they will do this before summer.

And who wants this? The Democratic liberal left?

Are they really this powerful they can undermine the president and suppress free speech?

This is a deep state who are more like a anti American coup that should be dealt with as a terror group.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aptom90
Sure swine flu may have killed a quarter of a million people, or 284,500 according to the Lancet report everyone cites, but the actual death numbers recorded at the time was less than 20,000. And that's after a full year - April 2009-April 2010. We're not using estimated figures for this pandemic and it has already hit half of that figure.

But just for the spirit of debate let's look at the figures that paper came up with for just Europe. The number was estimated at 31,300 (Range 17,200 – 67,600). Remember those numbers are for a full year. Europe currently has over 5,000 deaths already which means it's well on pace to beat those figures. In 2009 Europe's confirmed total was less than 3,000 for comparison.

How many did the Corona virus and swine flu kill people in the first 3 months?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
That may have been the last ditch effort the anti president and anti American democratic left are doing.

You are nothing but deplorables who are supporting a bad president.

We wish for recessions under trump and even terror attacks

And all our efforts to rid the president and hope for a recession and terror attacks failed.

So now we are going to hit the country the hardest its seen...we are going to make it world wide and hit you peasants at every angle.

We are the deep state and still in charge...and this is punishment for winning the last 3 years.

No way we will let trump end his 4 years in a high note.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: Aptom90

How many did the Corona virus and swine flu kill people in the first 3 months?

It's hard to say when the timeline starts, but I'll go with onset of the first confirmed case. Here are those starting dates as far as I know:

Covid19: Dec 1, 2019 - 3 months 20 days ago
Swine flu: March 17, 2009 - About July 6th

Using this time frame Covid19 has had 10,541 confirmed deaths. Swine Flu just 429. Even if you multiply swine flu figures by 15 which is what the Lancet did to account for underreporting Swine Flu still fall short at 6,435.

And that's not very fair to do do either because the underreporting issue was more prevalent later on and not as bad in the Americas - North and South are combined in the report. For example the confirmed death total in the Americas was about 7,500 and the estimated 29,700. Those two numbers are off by only a factor of 4.
edit on 20-3-2020 by Aptom90 because: added more info

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
Ron Paul is a medical doctor. I think this guy would know what he talks about.

I'm going to stay out of saying whether Rand Paul is correct or incorrect here, but there are medical doctors who are saying things that conflict with Paul.

The point is, you can take what Paul says under consideration, but you can't necessarily believe that information based solely on "because he's a medical doctor, so he would know" or else you should be believing a whole bunch conflicting information from other medical doctors.

That's true for any piece of information. Don't blindly believe what someone says solely because that person has a degree. For every opinion from person who has a degree on a certain subject matter, there is another similarly credentialed person who has a conflicting opinion.

That said, Rand Paul makes some good points. However, don't fall into the trap of "well, he's a doctor, so he must be right."

edit on 2020/3/20 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ron's the man!

Hells yeah!!

I'm sooo glad to see him and I are on the same page here.

Such a great thing to wake up to!!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
By the way, Ron's the only politician I ever thought had a clue or was even honest for a few minutes.

Dr No should have been our president.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: badwhiskey

Good post.
Thx!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Uh I’m watching right now on Facebook Video.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join