It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law Suit - Covid-19 Escaped from Lab

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
At first I was irritated by the speed at which a law suit has been filed against China. Typical litigation behaviour upon which America is built, not so easily accepted by other regions; this suing culture is growing of course, to the detriment of society.

But then I read a little further into the paperwork:

Furthermore, there are only two known Chinese government bio-weapon research labs in the PRC and one of them — the National Biosafety Laboratory at the Wuhan Institute of Virology — is, at its name suggests, in Wuhan, and is close in proximity to the marketplace where COVID-19 allegedly originated. It is considered China’s only “level 4” microbiology lab – meaning it deals with the deadliest of viruses. An alternative theory here is that COVID-19 escaped from the Wuhan lab because of lax controls, or that Chinese researchers sold lab animals to the marketplace in question, as researchers have been known to do in China, instead of cremating them as PRC law requires. In either case, such conduct, as an alternative theory, has caused the pandemic.

This law suit is openly discussing the conspiracy we have known about for months.

Link to paperwork

Throughout our studies and debates we are taught to rely on Occam's Razor, unless of course it interferes with policy. Well, for me, Occam's Razor is indicating an accidental release of the virus from the laboratory. I hope this gets investigated as a result of the law suit.

The plaintiffs are four Florida residents and a training center for baseball players in Boca Raton. In addition to China, the suit names various Chinese health and emergency departments, the Hubei province and the city of Wuhan, where COVID-19 first emerged. The suit cites various exceptions to the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act, such as acts outside the United States dealing with a “commercial activity,” and for personal injury and death.

So whilst I do not agree with throwing law suits about willy nilly, I do find this one interesting.
edit on 18-3-2020 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2020 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If it is true that this virus escaped and killed people around the world because some Chinese scientists sold infected bats or monkeys or whatever for meat straight from a level 4 lab instead of destroying them, then there need to be sanctions and heavy actions towards the Chinese government. We as an entire world can't allow modern countries, or any countries for that matter, to be experimenting with dangerous viruses and then selling the animals infected with those viruses to people to eat.
At the very least, China needs to be heavily pressured to clean up their "wet markets" where all kinds of animals are stored and slaughtered and the meat sold and eaten without much concern for health and safety. If China doesn't do something about that, it's only a matter of time until a much more serious disaster occurs.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

If China doesn't do something about that, it's only a matter of time until a much more serious disaster occurs.

How much more serious do you think it could get?
The only way it would be more serious would be if they were selling nuclear bombs out the back door of the lab.
Justified or not, this virus has the entire planet in a panic meltdown.
I have seen sh!t in my area that I have never seen in my 54 years being alive.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Well, for me, Occam's Razor is indicating an accidental release of the virus from the laboratory

I agree and think it's very possible this is what happened. At this point I also think Occam's Razor is indicating that a virus released from the only level 4 lab in China isn't just a slightly worse form of the flu. The hysteria clearly isn't proportional to the symptoms we have seen, meaning we aren't being told something about the virus.
edit on 18/3/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

We as an entire world can't allow modern countries, or any countries for that matter, to be experimenting with dangerous viruses and then selling the animals infected with those viruses to people to eat.

I doubt they'd actually do that, it's more likely a lack of rigid safety protocols which that lab seems to have a history of.

link   

If this is in fact true the Chinese should be ashamed with the quality of their bio-weapons. If you're gonna make a pathogen that kills people you might want to make one that actually kills people.

We should sprinkle a little of our Murican-made Captain Trips on their next soybean shipment and show them how the hell real bio-weapons work.

link   
If this is true then I think it will be a death sentence against China as very few countries will buy any goods from them and as previously stated I would expect massive sanctions coming. China is mighty and has a large army and huge population but if the entire world stands against them it will not be a good thing.

I personally think that once this whole situation comes to an end massive changes are going to be made world wide and China is going to take a huge economic hit. Not only will the US start bringing many manufacturing jobs back home it will open up new opportunities for countries such as India and some other European countries to increase their business base.

I think it is obvious that many things need to change in China but I for one and I am sure many other people feel the same way that it won't happen

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
speaking of occam's razor, i love the successive little twists the conspiratorial mind goes through to build a suitably sinister narrative....
like firstly how the existence of a lawsuit is assumed to give the allegations in said suit a form of authority - where mister occam might perhaps think that it's a suit bought by a member of ATS, instead it's displayed as some sort of proof of it's own claims. If that were true, every witness statement about a ufo would be considered proof and we achieved disclosure in 1913, how cool is that?

even better is the second leap, where it's implicitly acknowledged that it would be a pretty lacklustre super top secret bioweapon, with the low fatality rate and comparatively small number of infection vectors and all, but instead of that being point against the theory, it's actually held up as proof FOR it because
THEY MUST BE LYING

it's genius it really is!

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Posted this thread a long time ago but everyone needs to watch this very short film and every country housing level 4 labs need to reappraise their security protocols.

There have been historical outbreaks from labs in the US (amidst claims of CDC indifference, underreporting and secrecy) and apparently the outbreaks have "popped the balloon of bloated and distorted safety claims about the biodefense program". 

Boston, Biological Weapons and the New Arms Race

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
If China doesn't do something about that, it's only a matter of time until a much more serious disaster occurs.

originally posted by: RazorV66
How much more serious do you think it could get?
The only way it would be more serious would be if they were selling nuclear bombs

Gee, I don't know - if this virus were on the level of something like Ebola where it had a 50% mortality rate and half of your neighbors were bleeding to death from their eyes and ears and every other bodily opening they have.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Whilst you are rubbing your hands together at our stupidity to jump to ridiculous conclusions, may I point out that within your condescending post are equally ridiculous jumps:

like firstly how the existence of a lawsuit is assumed to give the allegations in said suit a form of authority

Nobody has suggested a form of authority, the law suit paperwork has been posted as an example of the conspiracy being discussed in the mainstream. You've made the leap yourself.

instead it's displayed as some sort of proof of it's own claims.

Nowhere, ANYWHERE, in this thread is that paperwork labelled as proof. You've made the leap yourself.

even better is the second leap, where it's implicitly acknowledged that it would be a pretty lacklustre super top secret bioweapon, with the low fatality rate and comparatively small number of infection vectors and all, but instead of that being point against the theory, it's actually held up as proof FOR it because
THEY MUST BE LYING

That part is not in the OP, but it's a valid suggestion from a forum member. Or common sense might suggets that within a lab there are various levels of virus - I don't know I'm not an expert.

Occam's Razor - coronavirus linked to bats is rampant in Wuhan, begins in Wuhan. BSL4 lab working on coronavirus in bats is in Wuhan. Not sure why that is not a valid application of Occam's Razor in your superior view.

Looks to me like you are fabricating a conspiracy circle jerk to fulfill your own elevated stance and give you something to look down upon.

So you can rub your hands together and delight at our stupidity but don't bother using passively condescending turns of phrase to 1) elevate your own sense of worth and 2) communicate a derogatory air around us conspirationalists. Makes you come across like on of my ex's.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

like firstly how the existence of a lawsuit is assumed to give the allegations in said suit a form of authority

The lawsuit isn't what lends this theory any credence, it's the fact that the only level 4 bio-lab in China is located in the same place as where the viruses started. Yes it could just be a coincidence but it's a pretty big one and it's not like China is know for their high quality manufacturing and strict regulations. They do everything half assed because it's cheaper and quicker. Plus they have accidentally released man made viruses before.

Add to this China’s history of similar incidents. Even the deadly SARS virus has escaped — twice — from the Beijing lab where it was (and probably is) being used in experiments. Both “man-made” epidemics were quickly contained, but neither would have happened at all if proper safety precautions had been taken.

Don’t buy China’s story: The coronavirus may have leaked from a lab

even better is the second leap, where it's implicitly acknowledged that it would be a pretty lacklustre super top secret bioweapon, with the low fatality rate and comparatively small number of infection vectors and all

How dare you imply that Covid-19 isn't so bad, gosh darn it the media is never wrong! Lol obviously I agree, it does have fairly tame symptoms and I wouldn't call it a superbug or bioweapon. What you need to take into consideration however is why the media is not trying to calm people and instead seems to be causing more fear and panic over something which is barely worse than a flu? You really think they'd risk economic collapse over something like that even if the death rates were a bit higher than the flu?

The evidence is suggesting this virus may be linked to HIV and that implies it could have long term health implications, which would certainly explain the reaction. It's very possible they were experimenting with ways to mix HIV with other viruses that had ways of propagating more effectively than intercourse, that would certainly be quite the bioweapon. I've just been saying "there's something we are not being told" without going into any more detail than that because I'm trying not to cause even more panic, but I think it's necessary to fully explain my position here. Even when the MSM reported the news of the drug trials in AU last night they still entirely neglected to state that one of the drugs was a HIV medication. I can understand perfectly well why they would do that but it also indicates they have orders not to mention anything about the HIV connection.
edit on 18/3/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

If you have the money you can sue anyone for anything.

Sounds like the ones who are suing read ct's.

Does not mean they are right.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
We don't have the facts inregards to its origins, but we do know that it started in Wuhun and that they have unregulated wet markets.

Truth is, it literally could just be like the movie, "Contagion" and it probably went down like that too.

The Chinese Virus started there.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If you make a virus that could kill many quickly you risk nukes coming into play, if you use a virus that overloads part of the system you can then step in and be the "savior" to a lot of sick and injured people.

Its more of a long game plan, if we are to follow the conspiracy angle of it.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I just found an extremely interesting ZeroHedge article from a thread posted by 727Sky back in early February. Apparently ZeroHedge was banned from Twitter for life just for tweeting about this story, the only thing that tells me is they were definitely onto something.

At the time we summarized the series of dots and asked "real reporters" to connect them:

1. One of China's top virology and immunology experts was and still works at China's top-rated biohazard lab, the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which some have affectionately called the real Umbrella Corp.
2. Since 2009, Peng has been the leading Chinese scientist researching the immune mechanism of bats carrying and transmitting lethal viruses in the world.
3. His primary field of study is researching how and why bats can be infected with some of the most nightmarish viruses in the world including Ebola, SARS and Coronavirus, and not get sick.
4. He was genetically engineering various immune pathways (such as the STING pathway in bats) to make the bats more or less susceptible to infection, in the process potentially creating a highly resistant mutant superbug.
5. As part of his studies, Peng also researched mutant Coronavirus strains that overcame the natural immunity of some bats; these are "superbug" Coronavirus strains, which are resistant to any natural immune pathway, and now appear to be out in the wild.
6. As of mid-November, his lab was actively hiring inexperienced post-docs to help conduct his research into super-Coronaviruses and bat infections.
7. Peng's work on virology and bat immunology has received support from the National "You Qing" Fund, the pilot project of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and the major project of the Ministry of Science and Technology.

Of course, that is all ancient history and Zero Hedge was permanently banned from Twitter for raising such a conspiracy theory about a publicly-searchable person working a publicly-searchable place.

But, bygones being bygones, we moved on... until today when no lesser entity than The White House began asking questions about the origin of the deadly coronavirus.

The White House has good reason to question the official story as evolutionary biologist Dr. James Lyons-Weiler of the Institute for Pure and Applied Knowledge, showed and explained how the coronavirus' genetic sequence - which has been publicly released by China - contains a unique "middle fragment" encoding a SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) spike protein that appears, according to his genomic analysis, to have been inserted into the 2019-nCoV virus using "pShuttle" technology. This technique can only be done in a lab, as it has never occurred naturally in nature.

“This isn't a 'conspiracy theory', it is a scientific, medical theory,” says Del Bigtree, the Emmy-winning producer and founder of non-profit Informed Consent Action Network (ICAN). “Its foundation is based on sound science, logic, and research, and the mainstream media needs to be asked whether it is going to pursue this link to SARS instead of trying to censor anyone who is trying to pursue truth via scientific fact.”

White House Asks Scientists To Investigate Whether 2019-nCoV Was Bio-Engineered

The article has a lot more details and is well worth a read...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
We don't have the facts inregards to its origins, but we do know that it started in Wuhun and that they have unregulated wet markets.

Except that theory was debunked quite a while ago...

They first blamed a seafood market not far from the Institute of Virology, even though the first documented cases of Covid-19 (the illness caused by SARS-CoV-2) involved people who had never set foot there. Then they pointed to snakes, bats and even a cute little scaly anteater called a pangolin as the source of the virus.

I don’t buy any of this. It turns out that snakes don’t carry coronaviruses and that bats aren’t sold at a seafood market. Neither, for that matter, are pangolins, an endangered species valued for their scales as much as for their meat.

nypost.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
...if you use a virus that overloads part of the system...

Hasn't done that either, another fail for the alleged lab.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If it was an accidental leak obviously they are not seeing a concentrated dose in a specific area, which would change the projected reactions.

Also Italy called they would like to have a word...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
A lot more needs to be done than Sue China.

They effed the entire world over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join