It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you do when people start asking for help?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

What will you do when people start asking for help?

Help , what else ?
From a good ole country boy , who would never turn his back on anyone needing assistance.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

How can you help if you didn’t prepare yourself? So the answer is, prepare?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Not a F'n thing. First of all, it won't come to that. Second, if it did, and they overstepped their boundary, they'd be dead. EZPZ lemon squeezy.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
a reply to: Gothmog

How can you help if you didn’t prepare yourself? So the answer is, prepare?

What ?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I'm preparing for ourselves AND the people who haven't prepared... or who cannot take care of themselves for whatever reason. We're making survivor cookies today (if I can pick up more sugar somewhere. If I can't, my son said he can get it at the restaurant supply store tomorrow). I'll bag them up in half-dozen quantities and have them ready.

We've also decided to put in some extra tomatoes and squash and melons. Got a new bed prepared yesterday. Just gotta run to the city yard and bag some compost.

If my neighbors need food, I will have food for them -- home made and/or grown, and I will give it with love and gratitude that I'm blessed to be able to do so.

ETA: Here are some recipes if anyone else is interested:

Survival Cookies

Ranger Cookies
edit on 15-3-2020 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but my main concern is my grandmother. No one else is getting help, besides my mother if needed. It's not that I'm not sympathetic to other people's problems, on the contrary, I always love to help humans and animals when I can. But, this situation is different and could've been completely avoided if everyone simply listened to the ''crazies'' warning them for years and years to no avail. I'm not a rich person. In fact I'm rather poor. I need to prioritize and I'm not going to put my grandmother in danger for anybody. Especially not for those who likely could be the reason she dies because of this #. So, sorry, but no.

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

If a neighbor asks for help if I am able I will help them! Back when I lived on the SE Texas Gulf Coast my hometown got hit head on by Hurricane Rita which brought not just the hurricane but storm surge and 7 tornadoes rumbling through. Neighbors helping neighbors is the only way we survived. We shared goods and services, protected each other, comforted each other. The first few weeks until they were able to set up emergency medical tents I had my own tent set up in the front yard treating people for minor injuries and illnesses since I was the only person for several miles with any kind of medical experience and was wise enough to stock supplies. My ex and his bestie ran around like chickens with their heads cut off to hook everyone that had a generator in our town and neighboring ones to their water wells and even though they didn't ask for or expect anything in return people gave them what they could spare in gratitude- a bag of sugar, a loaf of bread, a partial bottle of propane, a pack of Marlboro and 2 gallons of gas, etc.

We got our electricity back sooner than most- only 1 1/2 months without- but had friends and family who went without electric for up to 6 months. People who got theirs back on the soonest helped those still without, offering hot showers and hot meals... and a little respite in some air conditioning from the deadly heat. People took turns patrolling their neighborhoods fully armed to protect against thieves and looters and were encouraged by the police to do so. We helped each other because all we had was each other.

So maybe some people haven't been in a SHTF real life scenario and are afraid of what helping your neighbor could imply and on television you usually only see the bad that can happen, but after living through several natural disasters I know for a fact that so much more often it brings out the very best. The only way we survive this planet is TOGETHER!

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

Maybe the previous owners left their cat behind?

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I stocked up early. I have a good hearty supply of everything I need. I went back to the store a couple of days ago to pick up some stuff I forgot about, trash bags, aluminum foil, mouthwash, and while I was there I noticed the bread, rice. beans and pasta aisles were empty, along with most of the store's other aisles. so I bought a # load of various types of flour and yeast, as well as salt, pepper and some dried spices and buillion.

I figure, if the SHTF real bad, I'll make breads and pastas and tortillas to share those with my hungry friends, family and neighbors. Everybody has something to offer, unless they're bed ridden, then they'll need some help.

edit on 15-3-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I havnt figured out where you people live but you have caused me several times to check on toilet paper. And every store i go in is fully stocked. I guess all your neighbors are paranoid? Either way i checked even on walmart online you can have it delivered to you so im wondering if you guys just didnt visit the store before they restocked their shelves

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

That's about what I experienced during the Tornado outbreak of 2011. The place was devastated, but then power went out for a week and people had to pull together. We shared generators, food, whatever we needed. In town, there was a lot of panic. In the nearby larger towns, there was some rioting and looting and brawls. It seems the more country an area is, the better its people can handle things.

We're not looking at the same situation as back then, of course. The only real problems this WuFlu virus presents are to elderly/compromised and the possibility of overwhelming the medical facilities. That last one means there won't be hoards of people trying to take whatever someone else has; in a worst case situation, they'll be too sick to get far. the ones who aren't sick will just begin scavenging off those who are (which will infect them as well).

In other words, the cities might be screwed. Us? Hey, we'll be just fine.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I pulled some loads for WalMart back in my trucking days. Most stores get two loads per day, and more can be scheduled if needed. Inventory is automated; every time you scan an item at checkout, it is deducted form the store inventory database and an algorithm determines if more stock is needed. If so, that request is automatically transmitted to the warehouse and come up on a loader's terminal. He/she then loads the product into the next truck scheduled.

No one touches the inventory list. Store managers can request additional inventory, but it's usually not needed. It's all automated, and the algorithms will detect a run on supplies and increase stock. As long as there are factories making the product, WalMart will not run out for long.

On the other hand, there are only so many people there at the store to stock shelves. If the checkout lines are long, some of them will be pulled to checkout, leaving less people to stock shelves (which is why they promote self-checkout). So a run on an item will often cause that item to disappear form the shelves for a while. There's usually more in the back just waiting to be put out. I will ask an employee and so far, they're happy to check for me (and will even bring me the product themselves if they have it).

Our normal shopping day is Monday. My wife has a dental appointment this Monday, so it may be just me picking up a few things, or it might be delayed a day or two. I'm not worried about it. We'll be able to get what we need, we might just have to wait a bit. Heck, if nothing else, I'll wait until 3:00 AM and go in after the night loads are unloaded and the night shift has re-stocked. No biggie.

I think I'd rather deal with the night critters of WalMart than the day critters at this point anyway.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I will help them if I can.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join