It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you do when people start asking for help?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This toilet paper run is really crazy and it made me think, what am I going to do if my neighbor or coworker asks me for help? Everyone knows someone that lives paycheck to paycheck, don’t pay attention to what’s going on and generally not someone, like us, the prepared for whatever. Those people are going to head off to the store and the shelves are wiped out. First it’s toilet paper (which I find odd) but next it’s going to be food.

If you don’t answer the door, you run the risk they try to get in on their own, eventually. If you give them some TP or food you know their gonna be back (like feeding an outdoor cat or birds). You could answer the door with a rifle and say you’re off your meds perhaps but then your just a crazy person.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do, people are obviously completely irrational right now. Having a plan is something to start thinking about.

I hope to God this thing blows over in a month but it seems to be spiraling out of control the past few days.

What say you ATS?

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
This toilet paper run is really crazy and it made me think, what am I going to do if my neighbor or coworker asks me for help?

I’m not sure what I’m going to do, people are obviously completely irrational right now. Having a plan is something to start thinking about.

What say you ATS?

I'm with you. Will cross that bridge IF it comes to that.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

I’d prefer to share my last meal with my neighbors and die with them then live in the hell full of selfish people, which is all that will remain.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I have a solid mahogany front door with a speak easy. There is decorative wrought iron over the speak easy. Thats how I answer my door. Probably with a 45 in my hand

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I get the impression you'll be one of the people asking their neighbours for stuff.
edit on 14-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I’d prefer to share my last meal with my neighbors and die with them then live in the hell full of selfish people, which is all that will remain.

You should just surrender

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I have surrendered myself to a higher cause already. Pun intended

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I think it’s going to come to that this week for me, I have a lot of fiends that live paycheck to paycheck. They simply can’t afford to buy massive amounts of supplies.

I’m going to be put in a really hard spot very soon. The good thing is, toilet paper is literally made 1 mile from my house. Food though, that will be a tough decision. I don’t have a ton of food. Enough for my family for a couple weeks but not enough to feed all my unprepared friends and associates.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I might suggest if they hook up a garden hose to the hot water for their washing machine and run it into their bathroom into the shower area, they might be able to do without toilet paper. They might look at me crazy or laugh but I'm expecting they will leave.

I had a black cat meowing like crazy at me at my new house location last weekend. I figured it wanted a handout but I thought if I did that, I'd never get rid of the cat and I'm allergic to cats. The cat even had the nerve to walk inside my house. It quickly walked back out when it saw me coming but then laid down in my garage like it wanted to stay. I wondered if it was a cat belonging to a neighbor.
edit on 14/3/20 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Did you stock up on ammo? In my area shelves are cleared. I lucked out and stocked a month ago.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

I’m not really concerned with toilet paper. I’ve seen the warehouse near me. Stacked to the ceiling all the time. Last summer they laid off workers because the warehouse was full. There’s TONS of it made at all times. The whole factory is automated as well.

Do not be concerned with TP, it’s irrational.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
In South Carolina, the local crazy people who raided Walmart must not have thought to check all the smaller grocery stores that are much better at restocking than the big box stores like Walmart. If a neighbor asks for a roll of toilet paper, I will probably just give them one. I can't imagine how humiliating it would be to ask a neighbor for tp.

Just saw your post after mine. I'm not that concerned. I don't think food will be an issue unless it typically is. I've read it's best to share and maybe you could lead your local neighborhood group and set up a watch if the neighbors have skills and guns. It's probably best not to have angry hungry armed neighbors who know you have food because if they know that, they might try something stupid instead of being a friendly neighbor. It's probably too late to move right now if you have very irresponsible neighbors.

Your neighbors could be my irresponsible relatives which recently declared bankruptcy. Actually that sounds like the most responsible thing they did in years. I would share. Food is not scarce in this country right now. Then move away if you don't want to share for free to freeloaders. I believe in working for what you have instead of freeloading on everyone else if you can work. Of course some people can't and some will not when they can.
edit on 14/3/20 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I get the impression you'll be one of the people asking their neighbours for stuff.

It's been just the opposite over the past 20+ years, but things could reverse. Never say never!

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Did you stock up on ammo? In my area shelves are cleared. I lucked out and stocked a month ago.

Ive stocked for years. I have a separate safe for ammo, clips and quick loaders. Ammo organized by caliber. I don't need to buy ammo for the rest of my life

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

After Congress and other crooks in the pipeline have taken what they want of the $48 Billion aid package, there will be some cash crumbs for those of us who lose money over this MSM-induced crisis.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

You must be country folk, I conceed I was wrong ...

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I've got the perfect scenario going for me.

So, I'm actually a really nice person, I'd certainly help out any of the neighbors that would ask. ESPECIALLY those with kids when it comes to sharing some food and water(and yes, that golden 2ply).

However, EVERYONE in the neighborhood ignores me, not just ignores me, but avoids me.

I'm SCARY looking(I don't try to be). I'm huge, hairy and ware a grimace on my face that would make most people slam their door in my face(I actually brought mail to my neighbor one time, she opened the door, took one look and then closed it to a sliver and asked what I wanted). Once she realized who I was she was fine, but I know that at first glance I've got "stranger danger" written all over me.

So, if it does come to that, it should be interesting.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

What say you ATS?

Even though this is a serious issue, IMO, the nonstop media coverage on this virus, has caused fear and uncertainty in people. This has sparked the crazy panic induced hoarding that's being seen in many stores across the country.

I'm lucky that I have enough supplies and food for my family to last several months and even though I'm a charitable kind of person, taking care of my family, including my dog, is my number one priority.

If one of my elderly neighbors came to my door in dire need of food, or supplies, I'd find a way to help them, because I love them like family.

However, if a stranger comes to my door and attempts "to get in their own," then I'll be forced to become that "crazy person" that you write about and point my .45 in their face. Family first above ALL else!!

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Im wondering if i should stock up on dry goods before the mad preppers take everything like they're bunkering down. I figure stores will keep on running but you never know with these psychos buying years worth of toilet paper.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Ive stocked for years. I have a separate safe for ammo, clips and quick loaders. Ammo organized by caliber. I don't need to buy ammo for the rest of my life

I had a second safe for ammo and other valuables(cash, jewelry, etc). I've emptied it out now and just store all my TP in it(I buy name brand, quilted). I'm not taking any risks.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join