It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best argument for god? ... From an atheist

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What God should we be arguing for? Judeo-Christian/Islam? The Hindu pantheon as one God? The Greek/Roman pantheon?

But to answer your question:

The law of conservation of energy.

In order for the Universe/Multiverse to be created, through whatever means, there had to exist energy. And, some type of force was required to change that energy into the form we call the Universe/Multiverse.

That energy AND that force is God.

The best explanation for this is actually in the Christian bible, the Book of John.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Side note: I am not saying Christianity is correct, simply that the best explanation for the concept of God as energy happens to be found in one verse of the bible, regardless of how the author meant it.

edit on 11-3-2020 by rounda because: clarification

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe in a god, but if I did then it wouldn't be the god of classical Christian theism. It would be a less angry, vengeful, narcissistic god.

Just adding my two cents here.

Let me assure you that the God you're waiting/looking for, simply doesn't exist. In my personal interactions with God I've noticed that when someone approaches Him stubbornly, or with a set of pejorative pre-conceived ideas ("sadistic, vengeful God, etc...") He will reject that person immediately. He will be very angry at that being and a punishment might follow before everything else. Humbleness and asking for forgiveness are a must when one seeks/enters into a relationship with God.

People have such a hard time comprehending that God is human-like (anthropomorphized) in the relationships with His children, angels and humans. It's a different matter as to why He is like that. But maybe to understand that, one should ask: what if God was *not* human-like when He relates with His children? How would that work?

I apologise for the blunt response here but I am tired of being told it's my fault that my immune system attacks the nerve pathways in my brain and spine.

Sad to hear that, I've had my share of health problems myself and I've been angry at God too. It takes time for a person to understand why things are the way they are. Just to give you a clue, very very deep in our souls we're guilty of an ancient rebellion against God, for which humans are still paying dearly to this day. Let's not forget that God is beyond good and evil, He encompasses both sides. Beyond that point, it gets very very scary ... seen a thing or two.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: fencesitter85

That's just one single example of the hundreds I could happily reel off which confirm he is either inept, or cruel.

No sweetheart God is not cruel or inept and yes he created everything.
And I bet you I could happily shoot down ever example you use to Judge
God so harshly. For one thing I already told you we were warned?

He could have created human life without the ability for our own immune systems to attack us horribly.

He did create us that way. And with his guidance we wouldn't have suffered
none of those things. I'm sorry but if you choose the atheist lies because you
simply don't want to know God. Be honest and just say that. Don't make
excuses for yourself with half baked ridiculous judgments that enable you
to fool yourself with secular lies.

If atheists would just admit that to themselves ( that the don't want
God in their lives) ? It would save an awful lot of wind around here.

Forget the excuses because there are none. If you don't want to
know him own it. So I can shut the hell up.

There probably isn't a god, but if there were, I'd agree that god seems cruel or inept. I can't see how this is our fault either.

As far as being warned or given any guidance by god, I just don't see it. God has never spoken to me or anyone I know. I'm supposed to believe people talked to gods in the distant past? I should just trust them?

I'd love to see or hear from a god. I just don't see that happening. Believing that it will happen seems a bit crazy to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Regardless of the perceived imperfections, which I would disagree with classifying them as imperfections, how could you suppose that these biological optic systems could have developed by random chance?

The whole it must be God to give us eyes in the first place is just an ignorant question...one that has been answered a million times, and I really do not want to answer it a million and 1.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucky109

Well you know friend one of us is wrong because no way can we both be right.

I'd love to see or hear from a god. I just don't see that happening. Believing that it will happen seems a bit crazy to me.

You say that like what ever you do or don't believe isn't far and away more crazy
than what I believe. But it is.

edit on 11-3-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucky109
a reply to: DustDoses So because something has always existed it must be god? I'm not following this logic.

Yes.

Eternal means infinite, means no beginning nor end, means contains all things, means God.

It's not a logical thing, that's probably why you're not following it.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
a reply to: DustDoses

-Existence has ALWAYS EXISTED. (You can't get something from nothing, genius) Current scientific models all confirm this obvious fact.

- Science does not state that Our finite time and Space have always existed. Our existing universe have a timeline of 13.799 billion years +- 0.021 billion years.

- You got to be genius to know what Space and time that existed 14 billion years ago. How do you argue that time as a athiest…?

Since you're obviously such a genius to know that our existing universe is 13.799 billion years old +- .021 billion years (big lol at that ridiculous guess)

Perhaps you can explain to everyone how something comes from nothing? Please, enlighten us all.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rounda

Side note: I am not saying Christianity is correct, simply that the best explanation for the concept of God as energy happens to be found in one verse of the bible, regardless of how the author meant it.

So is God a way to explain energy in the past? I think we need to define what God actually is. IF some old race created us, are they God if they advanced at the level they can manipulate the heavens at will, even though they evolved billions of years ago in the same way we are doing?

The big question many are trying to debate is whether God (whatever that means) existed outside of our universe first.

edit on 11-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustDoses

Perhaps you can explain to everyone how something comes from nothing? Please, enlighten us all.

We can not understand what is outside of our universe. Saying universe is not just talking about what is in it, its about the actual fabric of reality. Our universe spatial extent is infinite even though the big bang cloud that is expanding is 14 billionish light years away.

What is something from nothing? What is a place with no time? What is infinite? What if there are infinite universes with an infinite combinations of existence? None of this is within our reality or comprehension, but there can be an infinite realities.

We can not understand this in any way so we say "God". Isn't it funny that back when there was many things we did not understand we assigned a God to each one of them to explain? Doesn't that sound just a little scary familiar as what we are doing today?

edit on 12-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

You started a really cool thread, ppl have been wanting more of that.

Thanks, I liked seeing all these different points of view!

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
God is everything. The opposite of God is nothing. God is existence & conciousness itself. The Holy Bible states that God is the Alpha & the Omega, the begining & the end, above & below. The Holy Bible also states we are created in the image/likeness of God, just like Jesus, which helps explain our existence & consciousness. God is literally everything, which includes: love, which can't exist without hate; good, which can't exist without evil; light, which can't exist without darkness; positive, which can't exist without negative; atheism, which can't exist without religion, etc., including all religions. One has free will to determine which path(s) they want to follow. If one doesn't believe in God, one doesn't believe in existence & conciousness.

Someone's been using their brains...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
What is a word for 'atheist' that is not expressed as a negative?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That's because most things we don't understand simply are because of god and when you figured them out they still are by god.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: troubleshooter

I never understood why anyone would call himself it having to explain it's actually not believing in god.

The worst possible characteristics are attributed to godless people and they just come up to you, hey yo! I'm an atheist.

Well.... This is the land of confusion but they will explain.
edit on 12-3-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I was brought up and given the choice of what I wanted to believe , Ive been to church when I was younger
and organised religion didnt really sit well with me

I just dont believe god is a bearded white dude in the sky

I do however after being atheist for ages then in my youth being involved with psychedelics
and over time have become more spiritual
I believe god exists but not in the way we humans think

God is in all things , its more like the energy of life

I mean after reading more about taoism , hinduism , and the vedic texts
Im starting to feel like god is a divine energy in the universe
which is omnipresent

but its not the way we think

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: troubleshooter
What is a word for 'atheist' that is not expressed as a negative?

Agnostic

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

That's because most things we don't understand simply are because of god and when you figured them out they still are by god.

You say that with such conviction... What is God? The universe? A deity? A super advance alien race? Also why does there need to be a God in all this.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The creator is God.

That last question I don't understand.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

That last question I don't understand.

Thank you, you actually answered my question.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join