It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best argument for god? ... From an atheist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
All the circular pointless arguments aren't helping us understand why we exist so let's try a different tactic.

I'm curious to see if us godless heathens could argue for a skydaddy convincingly.

Or to the religious amongst us, I would like to hear your arguments for a pointless godless existence.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar
I'm an idiot and think the moon coincidences are mildly convincing.

My best argument would be that the vast majority of atheists have thought they were talking to God in one point in their lives.

It's a weak argument, I want better ones.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've seen Atheists preach science, but not practice it. All the while I've Theists preach God, but practice science.

Maybe there really is a Loki?
edit on 8-3-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Since evolution from primates into ape/human progenitors to cromagnon to modern human is proven scientifically through the relentless study of innumerable skeletons at this point..

The question that's been keeping me from "God" or any spirituality in recent years has been..

When did modern humans start getting souls and spirits? Did neanderthal have spirits? Denisovans, or the species modern humans evolved from most recently in history? What about cromagnon? It's been perplexing me, and it's not coming from an argument against God, it's an honest problem for me.

When was it decided that we were special? If the story of creation in Genesis was just a really cool understanding from ancient men who had no concrete science or history of study like we do to work with, yet God exists and it was like many stories in the Old Testament and the ancient history of other religions (partially or completely untrue but well wished and not written as knowingly false), when did God start giving us spirits?

It's quite the thing, considering every single other animal of any kind doesn't have one and none of the untold billions of creatures that have ever existed and died had one either, yet we live forever. But, since we evolved from lesser versions of ourselves, there'd have to be a moment in time down to the millisecond that we started having souls.

I suppose it would be the moment that the first modern human by genetic standards was conceived in the humanoid animal species most closely related to us on the chain, but was it by God's measuring stick? It's left me unable to feel like I have a spirit these days, that no one does.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
I've seen Atheists preach science, but not practice it. All the while I've seen Theists preach God, but practice science.

I did correct a typo, but that's brilliant.
I'm not sure which side you're arguing.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The other guy downstairs that screws everything apparently.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
God is everything. The opposite of God is nothing. God is existence & conciousness itself. The Holy Bible states that God is the Alpha & the Omega, the begining & the end, above & below. The Holy Bible also states we are created in the image/likeness of God, just like Jesus, which helps explain our existence & consciousness. God is literally everything, which includes: love, which can't exist without hate; good, which can't exist without evil; light, which can't exist without darkness; positive, which can't exist without negative; atheism, which can't exist without religion, etc., including all religions. One has free will to determine which path(s) they want to follow. If one doesn't believe in God, one doesn't believe in existence & conciousness.
edit on 8-3-2020 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Simple, atheism is based on nothing factual, it is believed totally by FAITH... The absolute IRONY of fundamental atheists who label believers as "religious" is beyond incredible.

Ironically, most atheists are disgusted with Christianity because atheists claim Christianity requires “blind faith” or “blind trust.” But by the very definition of the name they carry, atheists in fact are the ones who have based their beliefs on the absence of evidence. Atheists are a people “without a belief in theism” not because they have disproved the existence of God with evidence, but rather because they claim there is an absence of evidence for God. They believe there is no God because they cannot see any evidence of God. Atheists trust there is no God not because of what they see, but because of what they cannot see. Their conviction stems from things not seen.

The Blind Faith of Atheism

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The other guy downstairs that screws everything apparently.

For a second I thought you meant Satan or a supreme evil being but then I read it again. On that subject though, I think if there is a God, there doesnt have to be a Satanesque archetypical opposite.

I think existence is plenty harsh, and the nature of animals, especially humans, is more than enough to account for any and everything savage, wrong, immoral, or downright "evil" that ever happens.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The only intelligent religion, the only one that is right no matter what, is agnosticism.

Our creed is as follows: We don't know, we can't know, therefore *shrug*

There may be a God. We have no evidence proving there isn't.

There may not be a God. We have no evidence proving there is.

*shrug*

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Or to the religious amongst us, I would like to hear your arguments for a pointless godless existence.

By definition it would be pointless.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RandomPerson
The only intelligent religion, the only one that is right no matter what, is agnosticism.

Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I've seen Atheists preach science, but not practice it. All the while I've Theists preach God, but practice science.

Maybe there really is a Loki?

Well if there is a God and He created everything as claimed, isn’t understanding science understanding God
If God created us for relationship, isn’t understanding Him His greatest desire.
Your argument is ignorant of science and it’s Western foundation

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

Since evolution from primates into ape/human progenitors to cromagnon to modern human is proven scientifically through the relentless study of innumerable skeletons at this point..

If only you could show the scientific evidence, but alas, just a faith statement
Can you show me the innumerable skeletons, puhlease cos I havnt seen them.

There does seem a train of logic to evolution, just the science is not even close to being acceptable to claim its valid or even reasonable

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
William Lane Craig, despite being a believer, tries to do it through 'science'... but still fails brutally due to the inevitable jump of 'and so... it must be god'. All the 'scientific' attempts to prove god always have to make that painful leap eventually.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: RandomPerson

Our creed is as follows: We don't know, we can't know, therefore *shrug*

There may be a God. We have no evidence proving there isn't.

There may not be a God. We have no evidence proving there is.

*shrug*

God asks those who want to know the truth to seek the truth
Cant know or don’t care enough?

As for arguing against a deity, pretty hard for a believer

The bible calls christians to have faith because, logically, faith is not logical, belief in a loving God in such an evil world doesn’t resonate on a superficial level.

I find the atheist argument pretty about God ignorant with no disrespect.
edit on 9-3-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
cool thread subject

what about how a cut or scrape I get everytime doing construction like just a knuckle....and give it 2 days without me doing anything about it....then it's like it never happened

idk

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   
We can define what is the problem with God according to most peoples gripes:

One, lack of communication with us

Two, allowing such suffering

In common language, why don't we have access to the faculties to perceive God

Why does God allow such a high degree of human suffering?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
As per belief it certainly is known to us that anything created has a creator. How can we deny we don’t perceive that?

The problem also lies in the nuances of theology

The biggest mystery to me is God’s allowing massive suffering throughout the ages of human experience even up until the present day.

We know why we suffer and how we suffer. The question to God is why imprison us in such a matrix of suffering.

edit on 9-3-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
time to bust this on ya!

chuck missler videos....proves with science and math that the Bible is written by God from beyond our domain

translitteration and Hebrew letter meaning coupled with the math probability of prophecy.......

no other book has prophecy....not the quran or hindi....zoroastrians or nada. God wrote a personal letter to Cyrus 300 years before he was born...in Scripture....calling him by name to be sure Cyrus knows God has his attention.

Jesus said no one knows the day but then He died. God the father revealed what must shortly come to pass though later in Revelation.....which verse?....1point 1...Rev 1:1...reveals like no other book....details of the endtime. with timelines out the wazzoo....the revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave Him to show His servants what must soon come to pass....
edit on 9-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join