It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best argument for god? ... From an atheist

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Sweet, so any Roswell ideas are completely laughable and you can track the evolution of the science that made transistors.
Totally.
But I see you actually figured that out before you saw my post.

I actually posted that history a while back...see if I can find it.

edit on 3/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
It's fascinating.

I hope you can, I tried understanding it but maths with letters is too much for me.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I'm no good with the math either.
But the history is clear.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: Xtrozero
What do you think makes your computer work so well?

The on button.

But I'm an idiot and im relying on others to make me a little less ignorant.

Thank you for responding, so no qm no transistors?Wasn't trial and error, wasn't reverse engineering UFOs. Just a bunch of nerds nerding out until they figured it out on paper and made it.

Well I'm kind of stupid too. The first transistors in the 50s were BIG, but quantum mechanics led to the invention, today they operate at the quantum level, much of your computer operates at that level too.... today.

I don't believe in reverse engineering UFOs because aliens would have needed to make the first transistor too... To say reverse engineering UFOs is like saying humans are too stupid to do it on their own.

I remember back in the late 80s I think it was when they said we are reaching the max limits for CPUs, hard drives etc...we are talking 120 MBs and a Pentium CPU as we had reached the max limits of Moore's Law since we were basically looking at the physical limits of Newtonian physics. A CPU is just a butt load of transistors BTW and back then we reached about 1 million transistors in a CPU, today we are surpassing 20 million with no end so to speak... That is all quantum mechanics in play, and now we are ready to blow all that out of the water once again with quantum computers...

edit on 19-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

Life after death is the deal breaker. This is what really underpins belief in God.

Would anyone believe in God if they believed in one brief life on Earth and then nothing?

I've always struggled with the concept that I should live after death but that a fly or a mouse wont. What's the diff?

Reincarnation is a possibility but you don't really need God for that.

So...no I don't have one.

Actually, there are four words in Hebrew that refer to an animating spirit or soul. One of them, nephesh, is also used in the Genesis account of God making the animals. "The creatures of the field" is actually the "Naphshim (plural of nephesh) of the field. So it refers to the animals as "souls."

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join