It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to put up or shut up Natural Herbal Medicine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So here we are....A virus on the brink of running itself through the entire population. A lot of people on here talk with high regard to certain honeys, herbs, and oils...

I would love to have some honest conversation around all the folks that are taking things such as Oregano Oil that many many say that it can kill all kinds of viruses and lessen colds...

It would be great to hear from folks that have first hand knowledge (contact) with relatives that have contracted the virus and amazingly they have not...when this pandemic is done I hope people are honest about certain regiments that they were taken. It's safe to say the Chinese are fanatics when it comes to herbal supplements and dried animal parts...well it is quite evident that these modalities are not working as well as they hoped despite being armed with all these natural homeopathic medicines that have been in the culture for so long. I'm personally going to take Oregano oil in the hopes that it does help protect me since I have asthma and my immune system is not the greatest...but boy oh boy if I end up getting the virus which I am confident my family will I'm going to let homeopathic folks have it..Now is the time people for all you know it all homeopathic preachers to see how well you actually do....for some this can be do or die..

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I moved to Southern Oregon from Texas last June to escape the heat, hurricanes and drug laws.

My friends and I work as farmers and chemists in the cannabis industry so we have a reserve of oils, lotions and tinctures for multiple uses. Most of it just helps inflammation but hey, whatever boost I can get to help me recover from illness.

My cocktail of psychoactives may or may not help with the actual sickness but you ain't gonna see me panicking.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Ursodeoxycholic acid cures all.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Elderberry syrup.

Liposomal Vit. C.

Lots of places have already run out.

Just sayin'

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg
I moved to Southern Oregon from Texas last June to escape the heat, hurricanes and drug laws.

My friends and I work as farmers and chemists in the cannabis industry so we have a reserve of oils, lotions and tinctures for multiple uses. Most of it just helps inflammation but hey, whatever boost I can get to help me recover from illness.

My cocktail of psychoactives may or may not help with the actual sickness but you ain't gonna see me panicking.

Just keep in mind that chronic exposure of mj can lead to receptor overload that will activate the microglial cells that will end up causing and making inflammations worse.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I get that everything may run out but does it mean it works?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I'm having a turmeric, colloidal silver, molasses, baking soda, CBD oil, black pepper and honey smoothie every day. I'm practically guaranteed to live forever based on what some posters have claimed.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Both sound easy to make though.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

first of all OP, all these herbal remedies aren't going to prevent that you get infected with the virus. Herbs don't prevent anything, except for those that boost your immune system and then it is your own immune system that prevented you from getting whatever you have.

Herbs and natural remedies mostly ease symptoms and help you fight off infections, mostly bacterial infections, not viral... some better then other.
In your case, with your asthma, I would recommend Eucalyptus oil in a steam bath (face only) to help you open your airway. Also helps to loosen mucus in the lungs.

As for honesty? here is mine:

For years I have drank 'Golden Lotus', It's a mixture of Kurkuma, black pepper, honey and milk. Yes it tastes like s*t!
It's a very old remedy from Asia and supposed to be like a supper food that prevents all kind of cancers, boost the immune systems, etc.
Guess what happened?
The big ugly C word.

I still believe some herbs work like magic though

edit on 6-3-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

I don't have asthma but do you think it would help if I added eucalyptus oil and steam to my other smoothie ingredients?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

I don't have asthma but do you think it would help if I added eucalyptus oil and steam to my other smoothie ingredients?

why not? Just in case you have a stomach bug lurking around.. I bet the sucker won't stay inside you for long!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Oregano oil would be pretty far down on my personal list as an antiviral, since it is primarily an antibacterial.

First off, take a few things on a regular basis so that you have a good immune system in the first place.

Then deal with whatever happens from there.

Flu season I just take elderberry, echinacea and calendula as a tea. I make a tincture of the three as well for family members.

So I am going to be a bad test case for you since I won't get it in the first place.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, after all...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another - when it comes to these hoeopathic remedies.

Me for example? I can't drink coffee. Or eat chocolate.

Pretty much puts me in category that doesn't include most people in the world.

Elderberry? I've been taking it and I've not been sick is ages.

Liposomal Vit. C? Only makes sense to take a vitamin that crosses the blood-brain barrier and is fat soluble.

Does it work? I don't know - BUT - I do know is people are buying it by the case.

Look up Dr. Levy on YT. Liposomal Vit-C and IV Vit-C has outrageous curative and preventative properties.

I'd have a hard time believing anyone wouldn't want the stuff once they researched it.

Stay Well.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm having a turmeric, colloidal silver, molasses, baking soda, CBD oil, black pepper and honey smoothie every day. I'm practically guaranteed to live forever based on what some posters have claimed.

You forgot licorice root.
It's really effective against coronavirus.
It's true according to all these PhDs.

Now put it in your smoothie and enjoy that amazing taste...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm from Texas and I eat Texas style BBQ (not any of that other crap!) and I haven't ever had the flu. I also drink tea sweetened with raw local honey, but just started that a few years ago. I used to sneeze every time the wind blew, but now I don't sneeze as much when the cedar and ragweed are raging. I haven't had antihistamines since a few months after I started the honey, so maybe there's something to it.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I live in S. Oregon too.

OP:
1.Homeopathy and Herbal Medicine are not synonyms
2.Chinese medicine is built on "4 pillars, herbs being solely one part. Moden TCM represents about 10% of the classical disciplines.
3. Prior around the mid 1930s and the onset of petro-distillates/pharmaceuticals all medicine was plant, animal, or mineral derived.
4. There is a verifiably, demonstrably larger volume of work in regards the aforementioned than any moden agents when considering the entirety of the worlds medicine, for the entirety of our written history.
5. Kings Dispensatory, theres one, of literally 100s of actual books I have in my library on the subject.
6. I suggest finding someone reputable to speak with, if you want truth and not internet expertise.
edit on 6-3-2020 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

edit on 6-3-2020 by BlueJacket because: no idea

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I know that oil of Oregano can take out bacteria and fungus infections, but I was not aware it was good for all viruses. it does kill some viruses, but I do not know if it kills this kind.

A lot of natural things are good for treating viruses. I just upped my supply of bromelain and Monolaurin a bit, up from what we use in three months to what we use in six months. My kids have these two in stock for when they get sickly, they are not miracle supplements but they do help. Eating onions can keep the flu away, probably because your breath keeps other people six feet away.

Our immune system can take care of viruses if it is working right, sometimes some foods or supplements are good because they take some of the weapons and shields away from the virus, or damage it's snoot.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Well, I can tell you what I did when my husband brought something home... some kind of bug with the same symptoms as this Coronavirus. As soon as he knew he caught something, I started taking extra Vitamin C (total about 2100mgs 2X per day) and olive leaf extract (1000mgs 3X per day), both of which are proven anti-virals in clinical medical studies.

Oleuropein in Olive and its Pharmacological Effects

The Effect of Olive Leaf Extract on Upper Respiratory Illness in High School Athletes: A Randomised Control Trial

Vitamin C Is an Essential Factor on the Anti-viral Immune Responses through the Production of Interferon-α/β at the Initial Stage of Influenza A Virus (H3N2) Infection

The antiviral properties of vitamin C

This is a brand new study begun just this month in China to test Vitamin C directly against this Coronavirus strain: Vitamin C Infusion for the Treatment of Severe 2019-nCoV Infected Pneumonia

I didn't expect to not "catch" it, because there is always some period of gestation between being exposed to a bug and becoming symptomatic. If my husband was symptomatic, then I had already been exposed. My hope was to minimize the duration and severity of the illness, which I did. In fact, though I did get a dry cough and sneezing and congestion, it was mild, and more annoying than anything. I never really felt sick. It didn't slow me down much. The only glitch was when I didn't want to prepare Sunday dinner for the kids and get them sick -- so they made Sunday dinner! (um... I should probably clarify that my "kids" are adults
)

I also had my husband take the same Vitamin C and olive leaf extract doses as soon as he became symptomatic. My husband did feel sick for about three days, and one night he was very congested so we propped him up on pillows to sleep so he wasn't flat on his back, which can contribute to developing pneumonia. He ended up missing just two days of work.

If the congestion/coughing had been worse, I would have set up the vaporizer in the bedroom next to his side of the bed, and added colloidal silver and peroxide to the water. It's worked like a charm for me and mine many times. (Although, oddly enough, my daughter seems to do better with boiling water poured over onions -- go figure!)

Many people swear by colloidal silver taken orally, but I use it mostly for external uses like cuts and bites. It works in the vaporizer because you breathe it directly into your lungs and nasal passages, etc. I also use it for any digestive problems, because again, it goes directly into the digestive tract. Combined with Avo and cranberry juice, colloidal silver clears kidney infections in a flash.

Note: Improperly manufactured colloidal silver taken internally can turn someone blue. My brand of choice is Sovereign Labs. When I tried to stock up last week, it was sold out -- every size. So I bought Vitacost brand, which is probably a name brand packaged under their label. But I trust Vitacost to provide a quality product. They've been around a long long time. I was buying from them mail order before the internet.

Finally, I also had my husband take turmeric, which is great for pain and inflammation, as well as chest congestion. He responds very well to turmeric. I don't, so I don't tend to take it.

We also both take 5,000 IUs Vitamin D3 every day -- but we do that anyway.

These are the ones that we use. There are many many natural antivirals, anti-inflammatories, anti-anything.

It's also quite simple to check for clinical studies at PubMed. There is a search bar at the top of the page, type in anything and you'll get a list of clinical studies performed with their results. Also any clinical studies in process. Your search can be as simple as "olive leaf extract + antiviral". If someone has studied it, you'll find the published study there!

Google searches (or your search engine of choice) are also effective at finding articles written about those clinical studies. Key words like "clinical research + olive leaf extract + antiviral" will bring up both articles and the studies. Google also has a search engine for scholarly papers (I think that's what it's called), which can refine results.

Likewise, add "contraindications" and/or "side effects" to your search, to find out what side effects to watch out for, and if there are any substances which should be avoided while taking another substance. For example, turmeric is a natural blood thinner. For someone with pre-existing blood issues, taking turmeric could cause further problems.

Finally, if I were inclined to use cannabis for its own amazing healing properties, I would focus on strains with certain terpenes. For example, the citrus terpenes (limonene) are very effective against infections of all kinds -- viral, bacterial, etc. I would add citrus juices and fruits for their terpenes. For some reason, oftentimes combining the same substances but from different sources ups the efficacy exponentially. So using a citrus strain with a citrus juice would not only double their effectiveness alone, but triple or more... I learned that with taking iron, and it made a huge difference for my anemia.

Okay. I'll stop here. Probably way too much information!!! But you asked... and this is what happens once I get started!
edit on 7-3-2020 by Boadicea because: "source" to "choice"

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
You forgot licorice root.

Looks like I'm adding that along with BBQ and herbal tea.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join