It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD officers on video beating and kicking unarmed black man while he screams for help and cries

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This is probably one of the most blatant examples of police brutality I've ever seen. A plainclothes officer stopped a black man and held him against a wall. The man, with his hands in the air, kept trying to ask the officer what crime he committed, but the officer wouldn't answer his questions. The officer calls for backup. Several other officers then show up and immediately swarm on the man, kicking and beating him while he screams for help and cries.
The 2 Twitter videos are at the link; I can't find them on YouTube yet so you'll have to watch them there.

Shocking footage of a swarm of NYPD cops savagely beating an unarmed black man while arresting him for the 'crime' of asking why a plainclothes officer was detaining him

The eyewitness video, viewed close to three million times since it was posted to Twitter late on Wednesday night, opens on a black man being held against a wall by an undercover cop. With his hands up and holding only a cellphone, he calmly asks what crime he's accused of committing (and if he's even being arrested), but his assailant refuses to answer his questions and calls for backup. Within seconds, close to a dozen uniformed cops converge on the quiet street, wrestle the man to the ground, and rain down kicks on him while he screams. They then manhandle him into cuffs.

Source

edit on 3/6/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Send this to your President...he listens to you...and thank god you don't live in Canada.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Black lives matter.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Horrifying racism. All the cops in the video should be fired and lose their pensions.
edit on 6-3-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I see a glimpse of the person grabbing or shoving the police officer's hand . (briefly as whoever was taking the video turned away at exactly the right time) . I see resisting arrest all the way. What I do not see is the kicking of that person. Looks as if the police officers are trying to kick something away from that person.

Like Paul Harvey would have said , "and now , for the rest of the story"

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Are you f****** kidding me. This is like a picture perfect example of police brutality and racism. Yet you immediately take the side of the police because you think he might be having a weapon which is unproven.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Even if there was any type of resistance which I am sure there was and rightfully so (I know if I was confronted by a dozen cops and not told what I did wrong I would not just roll over for them) there is no excuse for what I saw in the video. The police are trained to de-escalate situations and handle confrontation. The officer at the start of the video did nothing to help the case by not stating what the person was accused of doing and placing him in handcuffs to detain him if he had cause and continue that way.

I am sure there is more to the story as to why this individual was confronted in the first place but over all what I saw was bad police work and gives a bad name to the men and women that do it right everyday and avoid situations like this. Not a good optic when you have a dozen men taking on one person.

edit on 6-3-2020 by Charliebrowndog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Are you f****** kidding me. This is like a picture perfect example of police brutality and racism. Yet you immediately take the side of the police because you think he might be having a weapon which is unproven.

And really? Paul fuking harvey? Go read his stuff. He's pure shiat. fair.org...

How dare you try to besmirch the late Paul Harvey. He was a saint

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
This is probably one of the most blatant examples of police brutality I've ever seen. A plainclothes officer stopped a black man and held him against a wall. The man, with his hands in the air, kept trying to ask the officer what crime he committed, but the officer wouldn't answer his questions. The officer calls for backup. Several other officers then show up and immediately swarm on the man, kicking and beating him while he screams for help and cries.
The 2 Twitter videos are at the link; I can't find them on YouTube yet so you'll have to watch them there.

Shocking footage of a swarm of NYPD cops savagely beating an unarmed black man while arresting him for the 'crime' of asking why a plainclothes officer was detaining him

The eyewitness video, viewed close to three million times since it was posted to Twitter late on Wednesday night, opens on a black man being held against a wall by an undercover cop. With his hands up and holding only a cellphone, he calmly asks what crime he's accused of committing (and if he's even being arrested), but his assailant refuses to answer his questions and calls for backup. Within seconds, close to a dozen uniformed cops converge on the quiet street, wrestle the man to the ground, and rain down kicks on him while he screams. They then manhandle him into cuffs.

Source

He tired to walk away several times and wasnt following police orders. Then he resisted arrest. Nothing to see here. Move along

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

And really? Paul fuking harvey? Go read his stuff. He's pure shiat. fair.org...

Did you watch the video 3 times on a 47" 4k LED screen , putting it in to slow motion ?
Or , did you see what you had already determined to be there ?
Am i kidding you , or are you kidding you ?

edit on 3/6/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog

Even if there was any type of resistance which I am sure there was and rightfully so (I know if I was confronted by a dozen cops and not told what I did wrong I would not just roll over for them) there is no excuse for what I saw in the video. The police are trained to de-escalate situations and handle confrontation. The officer at the start of the video did nothing to help the case by not stating what the person was accused of doing and placing him in handcuffs to detain him if he had cause and continue that way.

I am sure there is more to the story as to why this individual was confronted in the first place but over all what I saw was bad police work and gives a bad name to the men and women that do it right everyday and avoid situations like this. Not a good optic when you have a dozen men taking on one person.

You DO NOT resist arrest....

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   

He was stopped for no reason. And threatend with a tazer for no reason. Then a beat down by a group of cops.

He wasn't resisting either. Sorry for the initial comment that's not what i meant. Yes resisting physical arrest is a bad idea. He was resisting the idea of arrest.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   

He was stopped for no reason. And threatend with a tazer for no reason. Then a beat down by a group of cops.

He wasn't resisting either. Sorry for the initial comment that's not what i meant. Yes resisting physical arrest is a bad idea. He was resisting the idea of arrest.

How do you know he was stopped for no reason?
Because he said so?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
A reasonable officer would have said why he was stopped. That never occurred in the video.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I watched a black man get horribly harassed and violated.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

Fire all those racist cops.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oathkeeper73

originally posted by: trollz

Source

He tired to walk away several times and wasnt following police orders. Then he resisted arrest. Nothing to see here. Move along

Yup. Move along. Just a black guy being brutally detained for no reason. Black people don't matter. Keep it moving.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The video doesn't show anything before the plain clothes officer was already there. The filmer was correct to ask "am I being detained." If he says yes, don't resist. Lawyer up. At least him telling you why would help you in court if you truly didn't do anything wrong.

Police should be trained better in cuffing someone when it's 6 on 1 though. That doesn't help most situations and they know most citizens will screw something up. The guy had his hands up regardless of strafing back and forth.

Maybe they got a police report about him. Maybe it was wrong. Lawyer up. Don't resist.

Just the way it is, unfortunately. There are plenty of videos where people handle these situations better and don't get violently thrown to the ground.
edit on 6-3-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

O come on. A guy in plain clothes claiming to be police stopping you for no reason is threatening you with violence and you expect the guy to act like a passive mute?

I never had any cops act this way to me even when i was doing sketchy stuff as a kid. Probably because im white.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

a reply to: sine.nomine

O come on. A guy in plain clothes claiming to be police stopping you for no reason is threatening you with violence and you expect the guy to act like a passive mute?

I never had any cops act this way to me even when i was doing sketchy stuff as a kid. Probably because im white.

You don't even know the whole story. You don't know what he was doing before the incident. You don't know if they found anything on him. You don't know if someone filed a report on him.

You just assume that it's a racist action. Maybe it is. We don't have the facts to say that for certain.

The officer seems to have identified himself as police before things escalated.
edit on 6-3-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join