It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD officers on video beating and kicking unarmed black man while he screams for help and cries

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
a reply to: Gothmog

Even if there was any type of resistance which I am sure there was and rightfully so (I know if I was confronted by a dozen cops and not told what I did wrong I would not just roll over for them) there is no excuse for what I saw in the video. The police are trained to de-escalate situations and handle confrontation. The officer at the start of the video did nothing to help the case by not stating what the person was accused of doing and placing him in handcuffs to detain him if he had cause and continue that way.

I am sure there is more to the story as to why this individual was confronted in the first place but over all what I saw was bad police work and gives a bad name to the men and women that do it right everyday and avoid situations like this. Not a good optic when you have a dozen men taking on one person.

You DO NOT resist arrest....

He never resisted arrest, the cop didn't even read him his rights (meaning not under arrest) nor did he give him a reason as to what he did wrong or why he was being detained.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

Even if there was any type of resistance which I am sure there was and rightfully so (I know if I was confronted by a dozen cops and not told what I did wrong I would not just roll over for them) there is no excuse for what I saw in the video. The police are trained to de-escalate situations and handle confrontation. The officer at the start of the video did nothing to help the case by not stating what the person was accused of doing and placing him in handcuffs to detain him if he had cause and continue that way.

I am sure there is more to the story as to why this individual was confronted in the first place but over all what I saw was bad police work and gives a bad name to the men and women that do it right everyday and avoid situations like this. Not a good optic when you have a dozen men taking on one person.

He never resisted arrest, the cop didn't even read him his rights (meaning not under arrest) nor did he give him a reason as to what he did wrong or why he was being detained.

Feel free to explain to us in your vast knowledge of Police procedure!

One problem tho, you dont seem to understand that its perfectly legal to read him his miranda rights afters hes already been detained in placed in the car correct?

Weird, you would think you would know that with all your years of detective work.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Ironically New York is heavly Democrat and so is the police force. This is how Democrats police minorities in their cities.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

They only have to read you your miranda rights if you're already under arrest and they want to ask you questions. As long as you are , in that moment, just being detained they can ask you anything they want.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Can we all agree that this doesn't meet Rodney King levels of bad policing.

There's so many actual cases of racism and police brutality that are real. By grouping this incident with those it makes a mockery of the whole situation.

He's a dumb stoner, not a black stoner.

He was persecuted as a dumb stoner not a black stoner is probably a better way to put it.
edit on 8-3-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: Editing is fun

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
Can we all agree that this doesn't meet Rodney King levels of bad policing.

There's so many actual cases of racism and police brutality that are real. By grouping this incident with those it makes a mockery of the whole situation.

He's a dumb stoner, not a black stoner.

He was persecuted as a dumb stoner not a black stoner is probably a better way to put it.

You got my vote, but you're hard pressed to get unanimous consent on that one. Too many members don't actually bother with checking the source and critical thinking.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
And to say he wasn't resisting...I mean he seemed like he was getting pretty "antsy". I would be getting pretty nervous too, but in that situation isn't it smart to just keep your mouth shut, and stand there instead of moving around and getting all agitated?

a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
sometimes

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

He was being detained and was resisting.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join