It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Badly needed persoective on "the sickness" or Corona virus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
www.cdc.gov...

18,000 to 46,000 deaths projected from the flu this year. We have had 1 death in the US from this so far.

I get that it could be a bad thing, but in perspective, it's just not. We do this on a regular basis, it's normal.

Wash your hands, wipe up counters, and tables with bleach. Do normal housekeeping with a little extra attention to detail. But if you ask if you should run off and take a cruise, I'll say enjoy it. And if it's quarantined, enjoy that. I'll pass.

We need to stop letting the MSM override common sense.
edit on 29-2-2020 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
went off early stand by please

Premature enunciation.

Think about baseball brah.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm getting my rhythm......

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: network dude
went off early stand by please

Premature enunciation.

Think about baseball brah.

HAHA! Been there as a youngster

edit on 29-2-2020 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Even though all of the dried beans were sold out for two days at the local grocery store, I'm not worried...yet.

I hope this thread isn't a flop

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
But it's so much fun to be scared and scare other people ...

At this point, I'm worried about my folks and my in-laws who are older with conditions. I'm worried about supply chain issues preventing us from getting things we need.

But we supplied ourselves with enough to get by if we must for a while. I won't say what or how much.

But death? Even illness? Even if we get it which we probably will, we should be able to get over it all right.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So you're saying we're going to die within the next 24 hours.

Nice.

Doom much?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

"So far" is the key phrase, really. Look, all we have right now is a mountain of uncertainty. Nobody knows squat (I fear that includes the government and the medical community) China *maybe* is the only entity that actually has any real understanding of what this does and can do and their response was a complete and total lockdown... enacted when less than 500 people had been confirmed infected and less than 20 deaths had been recorded. All signs point to something far more impactful than the flu.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah because everyone will get it. No one has any immunity to it except for those few who will be naturally immune. That doesn't mean the disease itself is worse than any other seasonal, just that this time it will infect and make more people sick than those others will.

Wuhan had 11.5 million. If only 1 to 2% of those people all die within a couple months, that's one big pile of bodies even though that disease that caused it isn't any more of less severe than the flu, and in order to get that death rate, it has to make a whole lot more people sick all within that couple month span with the attendant percentages in the hospital which doesn't have space for that many.

That's what's different, not the significance of the disease itself. You better believe they were trying to slow it down.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Hi lady! Haven' t been on in awhile, good to see you : )

Yeah, a little worried for my sister but I'm sure the rest of us would be fine...

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, to be far, if Coronavirus has a 2% mortality rate, then it is 20-times more deadly that influenza. Combine that with what seems to be a much greater infectiousness and this is absolutely a game changer of a virus.

Plus, we've got yet more unknowns that aren't getting significant discussion or coverage, likely because even the experts are still trying to figure them out. For example, can we still say anyone has actually been "cured" of this? We've seen "recovery" numbers, but we've also seen plausible news stories of people "recovered" who ended up right back in the hospital. Was that reinfection or were they never actually recovered? There's been some talk of those "recovered" requiring immune system booster drugs similar to those used against HIV... if that's the case, are we looking at something that will require those infected to take drugs for the rest of their lives for? How sustainable is that? Will the drugs do what early generation HIV drugs did and just kick the can down the road a few years before they stop working and the person dies anyway?

Too damn much uncertainty surrounding this.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Likewise. Plagues are a fascinating subject for me. Honestly, it's sort of fascinating to watch one like this unfold in real time. I just wish people didn't have to die in order for me to see how this actually happens.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Like the Dr. Hansen says in his video today, "Everyone is learning in real time because *no one* has done this before."

Everyone wants answers but there just aren't any, but this bothers me less than some of the other diseases circulating out in the world.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

In my opinion, you would be foolish to not prepare. Do you want to have to go out to get food later when people may be sick all over the place?

It is their job right now to keep everyone calm..... you know... it is just the flu bro line.

Again, we do not know how bad this is going to be because of the long incubation time, reinfection rate, etc.

They are not closing down schools, manufacturing, etc for nothing. Trust me... this is more serious than the flu bro line that they keep spouting.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
dupe
edit on 29-2-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

They aren't spraying tanker trucks full of disinfectants for nothing either

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
China’s reaction to this and now world reaction suggests something far in excess of what we are seeing. Nothing at all comparable in recent history. Their actions speak louder than words.

And yet, well, from what we know this seems like nothing much. So what do they know? That is the real question. Tanking the global economy is not something done lightly. Is there something else at play here?

To be honest I’m more confused than concerned currently. Something is going on, something big, but I’m not sure it’s what we think it is. a reply to: network dude

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Totally agree. Prepping for the unknown is smart, but it’s not time to panic yet.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Likewise. Plagues are a fascinating subject for me. Honestly, it's sort of fascinating to watch one like this unfold in real time. I just wish people didn't have to die in order for me to see how this actually happens.

Agreed. I'm getting flashes of The Plague, by Camus, 12 Monkeys, and the Stand, what with the unknowns, the coverage, and the real-time geographical spread.

The severity it may or may not become is another story.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I forgot about 12 Monkeys!

About to eat this Chinese food and watch it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join