It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean official in charge of ‘coronavirus outbreak’ commits suicide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well this is a worrying development for South Korea

An official from the South Korea Justice Ministry reportedly took his life and jumped off the Han River and died. In a report on Arirang and Seoul Economic Daily, the man came from the Office of Emergency Safety Planning at the Ministry of Justice. He was in charged of national emergency situations and crisis management.

LINK

Just last week South Korea declared a state of emergency as a huge jump in cases took hold, South Korea currently has over 1,766 confirmed cases

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well doesn't that just fill you with hope?
...yeah, me neither.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
And now here in the US, the man put in charge of handling the crisis here could be thinking of the virus as some kind of Divine Providence, sent by God to cleanse the multitudes of unwanted heathen.

Is that too much, did I go to far?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
And now here in the US, the man put in charge of handling the crisis here could be thinking of the virus as some kind of Divine Providence, sent by God to cleanse the multitudes of unwanted heathen.

Yeah, I'm confused by that. Shouldn't someone with pandemic response training and experience with epidemic containment be in charge?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Well you made it political which is pretty much par for the course for your posts. Most people have learned to ignore you so no harm no foul, I suppose.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You sound like AOC...She said basically the same thing, are you a bartender too?

link   

I don't know, probably, however, there have been no recorded deaths in the US and awareness of the Virus has only been increasing.

I know people who don't even read or watch news, rather sticking to their neighborhood bubble and questionable items an things for sale by shady and unscrupulous individuals, even still they have heard of Covid 19, so their is a reach in regards to the virus.

Maybe Americans have been subtly preparing, I know I've been throwing $3 bucks towards a 24pk of water here and there, got a nice little wall of waters.

link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Yeah, I'm confused by that. Shouldn't someone with pandemic response training and experience with epidemic containment be in charge?

The CDC and HHS is still in charge. The VP is just a figurehead who will relay real-time information back to the White House. Pence is not in a lab running tests.

link   

Nope. Not too far at all. Upon he announcement last night I looked at my wife and said, "Great. We're going to pray the coronavirus away...."

(post by dfnj2015 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So much for his gravy job. When the going gets tough the bosses start jumpin.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Monkeys could fly out of my ass and circle the room, Canada could take advantage of this situation and end up invading the US, or you could produce a political post that isn't full of horsecrap... lotta things could be said to happen, as hell's bells anything could happen at any given time... none of that is likely to happen, though. Making the statement based on the least likely things happening in the first place sort of makes one look like a jackass.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You sound like AOC...She said basically the same thing, are you a bartender too?

Some bartenders, man it's like you question their ability to properly prepare a glass of ice water, ya?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

No, he's the RESPONSIBLE charge for this, meaning he's the central point of contact for everyone on the team. It's a position best suited for an organized individual who's talents aren't in the areas of medicine and science, as the coordination effort would take valuable time from those positions. That time is better spent focusing on the science and medicine sides, whereas Pence has a background in organizing and overseeing teams as both governor of Indiana and as Vice President. He was a very good choice for this position, as the position's primary function will be one of keeping everyone informed and on-task with their delegated responsibilities.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23
One would think. huh?

I"m not saying that my earlier post is true, just looking at different angles.
However, when I think about it other things come to mind. One, there is some speculation that should this get out of hand it could be the ruin of the Trump re-election campaign due to his early lackadaisical attitude. His placing Pence in charge of the response rather than the emergency pandemic team that he fired a while back could serve him as a ''fall guy'' and drop Pence from his ticket by November.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Put your thinking caps on! How can we pin this suicide on President Trump?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Good job of ignoring my post Ana. And you need not reply to this one as if you do it would be an indication that you are two for two in this thread. I was just ruminating on possibilities up there you know? All things are political. This virus hits and the stock market quakes and the stock market quakes and the politicians scramble to make it better. It all comes around to politics. Feel free to ignore that along with my postings.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You apparently pay much more attention to AOC than I do Xtro.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

We know that the nature of news now is almost always frantic. From the frantic remorse over Kobe to the ''pound him into the ground'' tribal revenge over Weinstein. So yep, this virus could be nothing more than that, medias love of hysteria.

However, as you suggest we have been being prepared but not just with extra jugs of water. I think we have been fashioned in the last few decades to look for massive disruption of the old order of things. How many mega movies are based on the threat of human extinction. It's crazy man. How many of the law enforcement weekly dramas on TV have the heroes saving the day from world shattering cataclysm.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Put your thinking caps on! How can we pin this suicide on President Trump?

I think if we time his suicide with Trump's latest Tweet we can say he killed himself after reading the tweet...Thinking out of the box here...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join