It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean official in charge of ‘coronavirus outbreak’ commits suicide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You guys should really read your anti-Christian bigotry. If you wrote about African-Americans, Jews or Muslims, the way you wrote casually about Christians, you'd get smacked down hard.

Seriously ...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

The part of that post that strikes me the most is the notion of Pence as the fall guy. We have read speculation here and in other places as to will Trump keep Pence as his VP candidate or will he go for someone else, someone else to help him get the vote he wants in November. I mean, who am I to say what he is going to do. I'm just floating out speculative notions.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You guys should really read your anti-Christian bigotry. If you wrote about African-Americans, Jews or Muslims, the way you wrote casually about Christians, you'd get smacked down hard.

Seriously ...

It's all signs of deep seeded ignorance. Sometimes you just have to allow the hateful and stupid the rope needed to display their feeling of inadequacy and self doubt so they can hang themselves publicly.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
And now here in the US, the man put in charge of handling the crisis here could be thinking of the virus as some kind of Divine Providence, sent by God to cleanse the multitudes of unwanted heathen.

Is that too much, did I go to far?

Monkeys could fly out of my ass and circle the room, Canada could take advantage of this situation and end up invading the US, or you could produce a political post that isn't full of horsecrap... lotta things could be said to happen, as hell's bells anything could happen at any given time... none of that is likely to happen, though. Making the statement based on the least likely things happening in the first place sort of makes one look like a jackass.

You don't mean like monkeys flying out of your ass circling the room do you? Or Canada invading the US?
Even as you may not have noticed Burd, there are in this country any number of ''fantasy'' oriented people, people who do believe in Divine Intervention and have claimed over and over that this or that calamity is God doing his work among us. Have you not noticed this? Surely you must have.

I don't know to what degree Pence can or will stretch his religious fundamentalist thinking but to say that it is ''unlikely to happen'' is not all that far fetched as you seem to want to believe.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Some bartenders, man it's like you question their ability to properly prepare a glass of ice water, ya?

I want to say to AOC...

I agree no one asked for Pence to lead this, but no one asked for whinny little B either, and here you are...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Trump must have done something right when all you can do is hate Pence for his religion.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's not about Pence's religion though. It's looking at his past actions. Indiana experienced its largest outbreak of HIV because Pence refused to listen to experts. He doesn't believe that smoking kills people. He's a supporter of conversion therapy. Let's just say that he has a long history of being anti-science when it comes to medical issues.

Stating that fact isn't a condemnation of his religion. While his religion may inform these opinions he has, the issue comes down to his own choices.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Well, then you better panic because we're all going to die.

But I don't see legit criticism from most of you, I see hating on Christianity in the most bigoted way possible. It is offensive. And it would be like calling Clarence Thomas the "n" word, Uncle Tom, House "n", etc., because you don't like his judicial opinions and he's about to get appointed to the SCOTUS, rather than discussing why you don't like his judicial point of view.

As I said, read what you're writing so casually about Christians and consider that if you wrote that way about any other ethnic/religious group, you'd get smacked down hard.

Target the issue you have, not the person. Isn't that what we're all constantly reminded to do? If you don't believe his religion necessarily had anything to do with it, then stop being a pack of bigots.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I dunno. "Too much / to far." That's one o short a GTFO.

Are you trying to get a message to your handlers?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I don't hate Pence Ket. I just don't like any religion like the one that he believes in that tolerates leaders who say that natural disasters are God's punishment for the wicked.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

its because anyone in a position of power knows EXACTLY what this virus is and EXACTLY how #ed we all are.

All this stuff going on is just to keep us going to work(to prevent a stock market crash), and buying time for the elites to scurry off to their bunkers.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I don't hate Pence Ket. I just don't like any religion like the one that he believes in that tolerates leaders who say that natural disasters are God's punishment for the wicked.

Yeah, I can tell. You hate Christians. You're a bigot. Ergo, you hate me.
edit on 27-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

My handlers? My only handler is the old lady that insists I help her make the bed each morning, and opps even as I type, there she is, ''Terry'' help me make the bed please. Each day she instructs me on just how she wants it made. Pull the sheet more to your side and pull the blanket further up to the top. This pillow goes up first and then the other. Put them so the open side faces into the center of the bed. Smooth out the quilt. Oh yeah, I got a handler all right.

link   

But I'm not writing it about Christians. I'm writing it about Pence and his anti-science views. The majority of Christians do not agree with Pence on things like smoking or conversion therapy. So how does my condemnation of him act as a condemnation of Christianity as a whole?

I would still take issue with Pence holding the beliefs regardless of his religion, race, sexual orientation, etc. because they are patently anti-science. The fact that you can't argue against that point and instead need to fall back on a Persecution Complex tells me everything I need to know.

You agree that Pence is a terrible choice for this position but because he's Trump's lap dog you need to find some way to defend the decision.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: TritonTaranis

its because anyone in a position of power knows EXACTLY what this virus is and EXACTLY how #ed we all are.

All this stuff going on is just to keep us going to work(to prevent a stock market crash), and buying time for the elites to scurry off to their bunkers.

Anyone hear an update on Pope Francis?

Heard he’s taken ill

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Come on Ket, I don't hate you, do you really think I do? Do I ever have cross words for you? I don't remember any but if so I apologize for them.

Hopefully we both know of ''some'' Christian leaders who have attributed natural disasters to God's punishment of the wicked. They pop up often when those things hit. Hurricanes, floods and such. Does the rest of the Christian community chastise them for this fantasy thinking and preaching? Not that I am aware of . Or do they just let them keep preaching and accepting money so that they can continue to preach in the name of God when really all they are doing is passing along their own thoughts and biases.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
South Korea is very strict government wise. Guy was probably under enormous pressure. I know their military does not mess around. Sometimes they train here in the US and if they get sent home for failing test or anything else their life will become a living hell.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

That's BS. Christian's' "hate the sin, love the sinners" narrative on their position against homosexuality has long been rejected as a defense against accusations of homophobic bigotry, therefore I will equally reject your defense of "hate on Christianity, love Christians" as being an invalid deflection to the accusation of being a bigot.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Remind me again what part of Christianity says that smoking doesn't kill people or that you should ignore health experts when it comes to an HIV outbreak.

Pence's anti-science positions are not part of Christian ideology. So how does criticizing those positions also criticize Christianity?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Why is Christianity more sacred than the Native American Blessing Way?

Can't trust either one as being the word of GOD!

edit on 27-2-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join