It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremism in Germany rears its ugly head, again...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport
I totally agree with you Phyllida. Just how many times can you poke a stick into a hornets nest and then be surprised when you get stung.
Yeah, there are extremists. But what gets me with this action is the amount of media coverage. Multiple pages, multiple news stations over a number of days. But when any other"group" commits these atrocities not only is the ethnicity part played down but the group as a whole gets a bypass. "oh, they're alone", "they're lone wolfs".

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
I think multiculturalism or forced mixing of peoples from all over the world is not a good thing. This man may not have been extremist years before but as more immigrants from other cultures moved in it began to wear on this person. Some handle change better than others. Europeans are different depending on the country. Germans were different than the French and so on. Now we have middle eastern cultures moving in a lot uninvited. This man may have lost his job to a Turk cause the Turk took less money. Maybe the family became destitute and the poor dude lost his nut. It is sad that on this damn ATS its always some RIGHT WING EXTREMIST that did this. I don't see you posting about all the rapes perpetrated by these immigrants. There is more to the story than you think.

Personally I would not want my culture that is centuries old or more diluted with Muslims either. Killing them is not the answer but if you push people hard enough all reason gets tossed and like other animals we fight for territory. You think we are so different from the rest of the animal kingdom but we are not. Human psyche is not as advanced as you think. This is not a Star Trek world.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
To all the people attempting to justify this attack due to Muslim immigration to Germany, do you also believe that Islamic terrorism is justified due to the West's constant wars in the Middle East?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The thread fizzled out pretty quick, as soon as right wing extremism is mentioned right wingers go into denial mode, and this sites majority posters lean right, it's like it's taken personally.

Politics has stifled all reasonable conversation.

I am a right leaning person, but I don’t associate myself with people that do violence. Maybe that is how it works on the left.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
To all the people attempting to justify this attack due to Muslim immigration to Germany, do you also believe that Islamic terrorism is justified due to the West's constant wars in the Middle East?

Within their own countries in the Middle East? Yeah, I'd say they have a degree of justification.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

One reason is the jews are known to horde wealth, when I was kid we used call people that were not generous, ok I mean tight " Jews " it was certainly meant as an insult.

One of the reasons for that was Christianity's idea that charging interest was a sin, so the Jews, not sharing that idea, filled that "niche" and became money lenders.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Multi culturalism doesn't work never has never will and yet its still pushed by most Western countries.

Multiculturalism works, if not forced.

According to your mini-profile, you are from Yorkshire, that is the result of the mixing of (mainly) Celts, Romans and Normans.

Today's countries, specially those with artificial borders, are all the result of the mixing of local cultures that, for some reason or other, travelled to other places.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The thread fizzled out pretty quick, as soon as right wing extremism is mentioned right wingers go into denial mode, and this sites majority posters lean right, it's like it's taken personally.

Politics has stifled all reasonable conversation.

Which is funny, since right-wing in Europe is more often than not the equivalent to our left-wing.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You're going explode a few heads with that gem, they have to or they would be hypocrits.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

First, that would require you to acknowledge that from 2008-2016, the Obama administration, including some of your heroes, were also warmongers.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
"Apparently he was a right wing fanatic member of, or affiliated with, the German Right wing political party AfD"

From what i heard, in his mindset the mentioned party was not "far enough rightwing" and he was more affilated with rater extremist groups instead of any official party.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

You said:

Israel is for Jews and they don't let any other demographic in - False

Jewish people do not serve in the US armed forces - False

Israel is a Theocracy - False

I'm not sure what you're getting at with your reply... Israeli hate rallies and parades???

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Nah they'd be called Muslim Terrorist Sympathisers.

There's no justifying madness and chaos and it's foolhardy to even try. An eye for an eye makes the world blind. You can't dig yourself out of a hole... Blah blah blah.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Raggedyman

No, it isn't.

It's the same shade of ugly where ever it surfaces.
It was a horrible, loathsome thing to do. I would never harm a stranger because he’s different from me, and I don’t know anyone who would.

I have to wonder though; have you ever gotten this worked up over a Muslim terrorist attack? Please forgive me if you have; I honestly don’t know.

It’s just that there are so many more acts of terror committed by Muslims, often against fellow Muslims. Attacks on Christians by Muslims happen all the time, though it gets little attention in the news media. In contrast, when that nutjob killed all those Muslims in New Zealand, it got an immense amount of media coverage worldwide.

I certainly agree with you that all terrorism is evil, but I’d guess 90 percent or more is committed by Muslims. The New Zealand massacre is the worst anti-Muslim act of terror by a white person I can think of. It was awful: 51 dead and 49 wounded. However, there have been so many Muslim terrorist attacks — even against other Muslims — that are much, much worse.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The real problem is countries. As long as people consider themselves part of something, there will never be end to hate and extremism.

If there was no Germany people would not be proud to call themselves Germans and try to protect their own country and way of life from "aliens".

Thats true to everywhere else.

Dividing has been hummanity's curse since the beggining.
edit on 27-2-2020 by ZeroFurrbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Muslims in Germany????? When did this start?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
There has been too many wars based on This is my country i don't like yours. We are all people. It is pointless. Its something that animals do - mark their territory.

And saddly we are no more different than dogs who bark at other dogs that walk into their space.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I get the distinct feeling you think it’s justified.

But IIRC, we both think the West should have nothing to do with the affairs of any Islamic nation. At any rate, that’s what I think. I’m all for staying out of the Islamic world’s conflicts. They can slaughter each other to their hearts’ content for all I care.

But don’t be surprised when the Saudis and Iranians get nukes, or when Israel uses its nukes on them because they’ve made it abundantly clear they want to kill every Jew.

And Europe, China, Japan and India rely heavily on oil from Muslim nations. So don’t be surprised when their oil supplies get caught off, deliberately or because of Muslim vs. Muslim conflict. And don’t be surprised when nations reliant on that oil feel they have to get involved militarily to ensure their supply.

Personally, I don’t give a damn because America doesn’t need Muslim oil anymore. Let the rest of the world worry about it, spend hundreds of billions, if not trillions of dollars to guarantee its distribution, and let others see their sons come home in body bags.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Religion is another factor. Again, its because people gather together and say they are part of it. As long as humans are part of something they will always hate on something thats different or not part of it.

Humanity as a whole, even if everything is fixed , will still find ways to kill each other for no reason.
Only way to fix it , is if we all stop being so dependant on each other and all be part of absolutely nothing.

Which will never happen.

edit on 27-2-2020 by ZeroFurrbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

Oil will be over with soon anyway. Let em cling to false ideals.

Saddly the Saudis - biggest terrorist organisation in the world, is already rich enough.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join