It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremism in Germany rears its ugly head, again...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Source 1.

Source 2.

Source 3.

I was rather surprised when I finally noticed that no one on ATS had posted about this horrible incident.

It happened on February 19, 2020.

A man, whose name I will not use ever, decided to go on a rampage in the German city of Hanau. He shot nine people in two hookah, or shisha, bars, and was later found dead, along with one other person, later identified as his mother (?).

This, folks, is what extremism of any sort begats. Deaths, and more deaths.

Apparently he was a right wing fanatic member of, or affiliated with, the German Right wing political party AfD (Alternative for Germany)--we can guess what that so called "alternative" would consist of, and stand a good chance of being right.

The victims were Turkish nationals, and I've heard mention that Kurds were also victims (can't confirm that, at this time).

He wasn't Muslim. His victims, however, were, or probably were.

Yet the horror would remain the same if it were a Muslim who did the atrocity, and his victims were Jews.

Or the victims homosexuals. Or children. Or who the **** ever.

Extremism in whatever shape, fashion, or form is the same shade of ugly. It was ugly in the South during the Civil Rights movement. ...and it's just as ugly in whatever shape it comes in now. There is no justifying this. Nor casting blame at the govt., or certain individuals within the govt. They didn't pull the trigger. This bigoted skidmark in the underwear of the world did the deed.

He, by accounts, put his odious little manifesto on line to be read, and presumably cheered by his fellow moronic bigots, and, of course, to instill in those of us who aren't bigoted skidmarks, to go to war to defend, again presumably, the good things in the world. I guess we're maybe expected to fear him and his ilk, too... Sorry, sonny boy, you and your ilk ain't got what it takes to instill in me much more than disgust.

Don't know it that's true, or not. Again, I'm not about to go looking for it, nor link to it. If y'all choose to, go ahead--I would ask, however, that you only link it in this thread.

Ah, me...it's been almost 80 years since Nazism was, supposedly, defeated. But apparently not. Germany is hardly unique in that respect. Everywhere you go, if you look hard enough, it's there to be found.

Not just right wing extremism, either. Left wing extremism is there to be seen, too. As many of us are all too aware of.

Isn't it amazing, though, just how alike they are in their hatred of that which is different.

"You're not like me, you don't think like me, you don't worship like me. Therefore, I hate you." That's the commonality of both "sides". They hate, and hate, and hate. Some kill. I've been nearly attacked on a number of occasions by extremists, both "right" and "left". Their reasons were exactly the same...I wasn't, and will never be, like them.

Personally...? I wear that as a badge of honor.

edit on 2/26/2020 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It was posted

Disguting act no doubt.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So it was. My bad.

Not sure how I missed it...

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Merkel admitted she made a horrible mistake allowing an uncommon number of aliens in the country. Unfortunately these are some of the consequences of that mistake but there is no turning back. What was done can't be undone. Have to live with it. The right course of action would have been to bat down the hatches and let a small amount in. It was too many people. It overwhelmed their system and culture. I know people from Germany and they are very upset about it. These people I know would never do something like that but believe me, if you heard them you would think otherwise.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The thread fizzled out pretty quick, as soon as right wing extremism is mentioned right wingers go into denial mode, and this sites majority posters lean right, it's like it's taken personally.

Politics has stifled all reasonable conversation.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

At least he didn’t shoot up a school filled with children, all to common in some countries

Extremism in Germany, not much different to extremism anywhere else is it?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Here I'll make you feel a little better:

From: King5.com (warning, it's got one of those autoplay things going on)

The four suspected members of The Atomwaffen Division who were charged Wednesday are Cameron Brandon Shea, 24, of Redmond; Kaleb Cole, 24, of Montgomery, Texas; Taylor Ashley Parker-Dipeppe, 20, of Spring Hill, Florida and Johnny Roman Garza, 20, of Queen Creek, Arizona.
Just after midnight Wednesday morning, members of the Joint Terrorism Task Force arrested Shea as he reported for work at the Fred Meyer store in Kirkland. Agents could be seen searching his truck.
The arrests have a deeper connection to the Northwest, including at least three people targeted in Seattle.
The victims included two people associated with the Anti-Defamation League and a KING 5 reporter who produced several stories on Atomwaffen's "hate camps" – firearms training sessions – in Washington state.

Sure the threat went directly to the Investigative Reporter, but even after the incident, the Reporter still pushed out two more stories exposing this groups activities.

So as messed up and simple minded as the events you provided us are, there is another side that shows that these idiots are slowly getting taken down.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Obviously things dont reach the boiling over point in absence of the external application of heat, pressure, or both. Merkel screwed up, unfortunately impulsive asshats like this shooter remove the narrative off of valid criticism of unfettered immigration and cultural gentrification of native populations and redirects it to paint anyone opposed to surrendering their society and culture to the invading hordes with the same negative brush rightly used on those who go off the rails. Nationalism isn't the problem, mentally insane idiots that seek to kill others hiding under the banner of nationalism are the problem.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The thread fizzled out pretty quick, as soon as right wing extremism is mentioned right wingers go into denial mode, and this sites majority posters lean right, it's like it's taken personally.

Merkel admitted her course of action letting in over a million aliens was a mistake. That's not a right or left stance; it's her own personal assessment. She de-stabilized a culture, shocked it with an electric chair. Do that and the people in the chair are going to roar back which they did and will continue to do. This will happen in any society with an established culture being torn to pieces.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

No, it isn't.

It's the same shade of ugly where ever it surfaces.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

...and yet, and yet, they still come out to play.

For every one of them stopped, another seems to take up the "cause". What ever the supposed cause is.

There's an underlying issue here that I'm not competent to explain. I know it when I see it, but can't explain why it is that some people are driven by fear of the other to horrific actions.

Perhaps you can??

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

edit on 26-2-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: Nvm

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

No. This issue was there long, long before the immigration fiasco.

Remember what happened in Europe in the 30's and 40's? ...and to lesser extents every where else, too.

No. Merkel, and her policies, are not to blame here. At worst, they're the straw that broke the camel's back.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

No. This issue was there long, long before the immigration fiasco.

Remember what happened in Europe in the 30's and 40's? ...and to lesser extents every where else, too.

No. Merkel, and her policies, are not to blame here. At worst, they're the straw that broke the camel's back.

That's right, I was going to reply then decided I didn't need headache.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

It was posted

Disguting act no doubt.

MOD NOTE.....
NO worries, one is in the Mud PIt, the other is not.

Carry on

edit on Wed Feb 26 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I'm glad it stays up, I was hoping it would.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Extremists on either side should be denounced.

Murder for an ideology is just sick.

There was no denial in that thread.

It was just that there was no answer for what happened because normal people don't think that way.

Nice try at blaming a political ideology on a a single sick individual though.

So I'm assuming that you have a real issue with James T. Hodgkinson's assassination attempt too?

Or did that one get a pass with you because... Bernie supporter?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Once upon a time there was a goat herder. This poor goat herder had a goat that would always wander off on it's own. Getting tired of this goat always getting lost, the goat herder decided to put all of his goat inside a fenced off area.

After a time had passed little adventurous goat had somehow gotten loose from the fenced in area. When the poor goat herder saw this, he laughed, then butchered all of his goats. When the other herders asked him why did he cut up his herd, the poor goat herder said that he was tired of chasing that one escaped goat all the time.

The point of the story is clear. People are jerks, and when left to our own devices will always find an escape goat to blame for our over reactions.

These people that some how grew tired of whatever circumstances they have found themselves in, can't be solved by their own accords. Those people will often times lash out at what they see as the problem. sadly many times people that have a large desire to lash out will sometimes see other people that are having similar issues as themselves, and will manipulate others into joining in. Cult recruitment works like this, and so does these hate groups.

**Side Note**

I'm not belittling anyone with my story, it was just that I was told that story when I was little about why some people act weirdly bad, and others don't.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Look I'm not going to get into a debate as to if what I posted has merit , we see it play out each and everyday in the partisan mad house.

I have a problem with any lunatic that goes around hurting people, regardless as to why they felt they needed to do it.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Not sure I agree with you on that. 30s and 40s saw a crippled Europe from the aftermath of WWI lashing out at anyone they could find. The Jews and gypsies weren't interlopers committing crimes and demanding placations and national changes, they were simply easy targets for Hitler to direct his country's anger at. The same does not apply today. People a lot of natives in these countries view as uninvited "guests" aren't just crashing the party, they're clogging the toilets, drinking all the beer, groping the host's wife, and complaining about the decor.

I understand the idea of being welcoming and multicultural, I'm not sure many entering countries (in Europe as well as out country, the US) understand how to be appreciative, humble guests or realize that these countries are already "multicultural" so the newcomers need to focus their efforts on assimilating to their hosts rather than ridiculously trying to change somewhere they have no history or right to claim as theirs.

edit on 26-2-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: Damned autocorrect

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join