It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Billion in sales and a new future forward plan with India WTG Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: IAMTAT
TRUMP keeps WINNING for this country.
BEST POTUS EVER!

And will be re-elected, in spite of what the cynical haters say or think!

Even his detractors and haters know he'll be re-elected.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Its going to be years before people start yelling make in USA and telling India to F off just like to China. If you can't compete in their country, don't even bother doing trade.
edit on 24-2-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Not going to happen. They're too valuable to the region.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I remember when the wife told me about the cuts to the 135 and I started laughing, when I was still in a 135 unit we had a waiting list every day for training missions, we still deployed on a regular schedule, we only had 8 planes oh and we were a reserve unit.

The 46 is a dumpster fire of the first order, such a fire that people I know getting ready to retire have already crossed Boeing off their list of goto companies because they aren't sure they will still be in the game in a decade.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

We had a fighter drag of Vipers go through, and two of them had to drop off due to fuel tank issues. It took 88 days to get them fixed and a tanker to get them out and on to their destination, because there just weren't any available. And this was back in the early 90s, when he had more tankers than we do today.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: 727Sky

These are probably the sales that they agreed on six or seven years ago, and are just getting around to signing the contracts for. India is the only country I've seen that makes the US procurement system look competent.

No sale is final until it is final. Just posturing. Until they pay for it, means nothing. I do not like your take though. It's very deceptive because if a deal is made you can revert back to it was agreed upon years ago which is not the case. Deals are broken all the times so you can then say but.....

Nonsense. If they pay for it he gets credit for it. No way around it.

It looks like Trump did well in India, so it's fair to give him credit.

When someone says a deal like this is structured for years, I think he's just pointing out facts... Not taking credit away from someone.

I imagine a lot goes into these deals. First it has to get cleared they're an ally, and while normally I'd make a joke that's the easiest part... These weapons systems are probably a bit harder than small arms.

Then I'd guess we have to structure training, maintenance, what things would void the deal, who they're allowed to get conflicting arms from (ie Russia) ect.

Say Trump did the deal if it makes you happy, but this deal has had to have been the works and essentially finished.

But Trump seemed to do well in India, not taking that away. Especially since a lot of corporations are going to be looking to diversify manufacturing after the Coronavirus and seeing what can happen when you have all your eggs in one basket.
edit on 24-2-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Exactly. The point was to simply show how much more broken the Indian procurement system is than ours. I really don't care who gets credit for the deal one way or the other. I'm far more interested in the equipment than anything else.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Tuesday, November 3 (in 253 days) President Donald J Trump and Wife Melania will continue Leading The United States again towards Greatness. History books will forever tout the Greatness of this administration and the Things we achieved.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hey, we will get some of our money back from India that way. Their telemarketers make a living off of us, it is good that the money goes both ways.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

a reply to: 727Sky

These are probably the sales that they agreed on six or seven years ago, and are just getting around to signing the contracts for. India is the only country I've seen that makes the US procurement system look competent.

Yep it is all Obams economy. yea right. The contracts were just signed economictimes.indiatimes.com... rticleshow/49142634.cms?from=mdr
edit on 24-2-2020 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Exactly. The point was to simply show how much more broken the Indian procurement system is than ours. I really don't care who gets credit for the deal one way or the other. I'm far more interested in the equipment than anything else.

I know you call a spade a spade, especially with matters on this subject.

You don't have to convince me man, makes perfect sense.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

And if you bother to read later posts, in 2009 they signed the LOI for 22 AH-64Es, and 15 CH-47Fs. They didn't sign the contract until 2015. The contract signing doesn't take place until after the negotiations are complete, and with India, that means 5+ years usually. This contract is the exception, not the rule.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This deal was through the Foreign Military Sales program, not the Direct Commercial sales program. Both are a pain in the ass, but FMS, while it takes longer to get all the approvals (it goes through State, then Congress, then the President) it's a direct government to government sale. Basically the US is buying them, and India is reimbursing us, so they end up getting the government discount that we'd get for the purchase.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Not going to happen. They're too valuable to the region.

Just like they said about China against Russia. Mainly because china had products the Americans don't have esp silk and Tea. Oh right lets see how the tea industry doing right now. I heard some Chinese tea cures cancer.
edit on 24-2-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

At the time China was, and even after our relationship soured, they proved useful to distract Russia on occasion. But India is one of the few powers in the region that has any chance in hell when it comes to China.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

didn't say it was the rule said that Obama did not make the sale.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

And I really couldn't give less of a crap if he did, or if Trump did. That doesn't change the fact that previous contracts with India have taken years to complete, which is what I was pointing out. The fact that this one only took a year to complete is nothing short of both a miracle, and a sign of how desperate they are for them. Who gets credit for the sale is utterly irrelevant to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
My only dislike is that Trump ignores anything bad about the guy he's making a deal with. He'll praise the guy despite much of the country thinking Modi is an islamophobe and racist by his anti-muslim rhetoric and actions.

I guess it's a strategy to get things done though..

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I like India and Indians. Indian immigrants and their offspring do great in school, don’t complain, work hard and seldom break the law.

The USA should sever ties with Pakistan, or at least cut off all aid to that corrupt ****hole, and align with India, our fellow democracy.

The only thing that gives me pause is the distinct possibility of a nuclear war between Pakistan and India. I want no part of that. Sell India any military equipment it wants, conduct joint exercises and agree to cooperate in countering Chinese military/geopolitical moves, but no formal defense treaty. Nothing that obligates us to fight Pakistan. If fighting were to break out between India and Pakistan or China, we could still decide whether to get involved and to what extent.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
My only dislike is that Trump ignores anything bad about the guy he's making a deal with. He'll praise the guy despite much of the country thinking Modi is an islamophobe and racist by his anti-muslim rhetoric and actions.

I guess it's a strategy to get things done though..
I think that’s largely the way he deals with any foreign leader, including Putin, Xi and Kim Jong-un. He tries to build a personal relationship with them. It doesn’t stop him from opposing them in matters that affect our interests. For example, he’s negotiating a reduction in Indian tariffs against our export products.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join