It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Billion in sales and a new future forward plan with India WTG Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
President Trump goes to India and makes a deal for 3 billion dollars in helicopter sales. There is also an agreement that there will be future military joint training exercises between India and American forces.

The stadium where Trump spoke to the people of India had somewhere between 110 and 125,000 people; it looked like an American campaign rally in many ways.

The two big things I take away from this overseas trip ; (1) We need India and the USA to have closer ties... even though it will piss off China and Pakistan as both these countries have a propensity to stab America in the back if they think they can get away with it. (2) This move by the President of India and President Trump is something both countries will benefit from.
www.zerohedge.com...

India rolled out the "MAGA red carpet" as President Trump was greeted by hundreds of thousands during his first ever official visit to the country.

"America loves India, America respects India, and America will always be faithful and loyal friends to the Indian people," President Trump told a crowd that was reported by the NPR and others at over 100,000 people in the newly opened Motera cricket stadium on Monday, after the president began with the Indian greeting of "Namaste."
"From this day on, India will always hold a very special place in our hearts," Trump said, standing alongside his host, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Trump called Modi "a man I am proud to call my true friend." He further praised India as a successful democracy and natural friend of the Untied States. "Nearly 1 in 4 Indian Americans trace their roots right here in Gujarat," Trump said before the cheering crowd.

Pew Research asked the Indian public if they have confidence in Trump doing the right thing regarding world affairs and a 56 percent majority said they have.

youtu.be...

edit on 727thk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

These are probably the sales that they agreed on six or seven years ago, and are just getting around to signing the contracts for. India is the only country I've seen that makes the US procurement system look competent.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

They all were walking out as he spoke. HAHA

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
India is full of good, decent people. We have different cultures, but similar values. I hope we are able to maintain a close relationship with India and that President Trump keeps the win streak going.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
TRUMP keeps WINNING for this country.
BEST POTUS EVER!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

India is the only country I've seen that makes the US procurement system look competent.

If you don’t mind sharing, what do other countries do that makes it look incompetent?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The stadium where Trump spoke to the people of India had somewhere between 110 and 125,000 people;

Yeah, but the large crowd was hoodwinked into rocking up to the stadium. They all thought they were there to see a cricket match... true story.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: 727Sky
The stadium where Trump spoke to the people of India had somewhere between 110 and 125,000 people;

Yeah, but the large crowd was hoodwinked into rocking up to the stadium. They all thought they were there to see a cricket match... true story.

Got a reliable source for that claim? I'd love to read it.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I know right, I just looked for a link to back that poster up but can’t find it. Everywhere says he inaugurated the stadium that I can find.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Not see massive overruns, torpedo deals because one company lobbies Congress, rig contracts to favor one company over everyone else (although you see that sometimes with some deals in other countries, such as Canada), screw procurement numbers to drive prices up resulting in contracts getting cancelled.......

Our procurement process is enough to drive someone insane. They're currently buying KC-46s, which are not going to be certified to fly missions in combat zones for possibly 3-4 years, and still have serious deficiencies. Instead of holding on to the KC-135s and KC-10s, due to our already short handed tanker force, they want to retire 16 KC-135s and 13 KC-10s, which taking 15 partially mission capable KC-46s to replace them. They can't even deploy them on normal deployments yet, but they're going to cut our tanker force.

Our Air Force is old and tired, but nothing can get done, because it takes so long to get things pushed through, and when they start to, they get cut, and we end up paying twice as much, for a force a third the size that we need. I'm all for a leaner, more capable force, but that's not what we're getting.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Thank you for that. I figure you have more knowledge than most on that type of stuff, so appreciate the info.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Quick question, Trump always brags about how much pointless red tape he is cutting. Are they even attempting to clear out some of this waste?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

These are probably the sales that they agreed on six or seven years ago, and are just getting around to signing the contracts for. India is the only country I've seen that makes the US procurement system look competent.

Sounds like you think

They make Laisez Faire and manyahna look like OCD?

I think it's that karma thing. Que Sera Sera.

For so many for so many millennia, grinding drudgery & worse was the norm regardless of what they did or didn't do.

And, karma would always 'win' anyway so nothing is worth getting very energized about.

But it was gratifying to see all their emotional expressions toward TRUMP. Regardless of their reasons, it was infinitely better than the whining of the DEMRATS & their lying Marxist globalist blather. And, there seemed to be a lot of genuine affection toward TRUMP. They can pile that on all they want.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I’ll give it to Donald Trump. Arms dealer is probably a job he’d be good at.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No sale is final until it is final. Just posturing. Until they pay for it, means nothing. I do not like your take though. It's very deceptive because if a deal is made you can revert back to it was agreed upon years ago which is not the case. Deals are broken all the times so you can then say but.....

Nonsense. If they pay for it he gets credit for it. No way around it.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
CNN is predicting (praying for) a massive recession, courtesy of the "rapidly spreading Corona Virus global plague."

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

great, probably more call centers for american mfg like dell that open schools and teach them broken english.

in broken english a male voice answers and says,

thanking you for calling dell.
my name is suzie,
how may i be helping you.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
TRUMP keeps WINNING for this country.
BEST POTUS EVER!

And will be re-elected, in spite of what the cynical haters say or think!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Fixing that is going to take an act of God. They're trying, and some big programs have been run really well in recent years (the B-21 is going almost perfectly, and they're finally block buying the new carriers, which saved several billion), but it's not going to be a quick fix by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I'm fully aware that no deal is done until it's done, but you don't normally see a system selected, and it take six years to agree on a price, and 10 years to get the first aircraft delivered, when you're talking about existing, proven systems. India selected 22 AH-64Es, and 15 CH-47Fs in 2009, but didn't sign the actual contract until 2015, and the first aircraft were handed over in May of last year. On average foreign customers took delivery of their first AH-64 three years after selecting them.

This deal however was approved by State last year, and is for SH-60 shipboard helicopters.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join