It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Billion in sales and a new future forward plan with India WTG Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Isn't that 3 billion going right to the military–industrial complex ?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

originally posted by: blueman12
My only dislike is that Trump ignores anything bad about the guy he's making a deal with. He'll praise the guy despite much of the country thinking Modi is an islamophobe and racist by his anti-muslim rhetoric and actions.

I guess it's a strategy to get things done though..
I think that’s largely the way he deals with any foreign leader, including Putin, Xi and Kim Jong-un. He tries to build a personal relationship with them. It doesn’t stop him from opposing them in matters that affect our interests. For example, he’s negotiating a reduction in Indian tariffs against our export products.

That's called BUSINESS. In business, personal feelings are put aside in favor of getting the best deal for your needs. Something, IMO, the Democratic politicians could learn from going forward. In business, it doesn't pay to be everyone's friend. They will take advantage of you at anything they see as a weakness and exploitable. With President Trump, he is a master of that, and something that has been sorely lacking in our foreign policy for decades. You don't have to like the person in the role of POTUS if that person can negotiate and get what is best for the USA without being taken advantage of or ripping off the American taxpayer.

edit on 2/25/2020 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

It goes to the contractor that builds them, with an administrative fee going to the government. The government didn't actually sell them, so just like any business, they don't keep the money.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: JON666

And I really couldn't give less of a crap if he did, or if Trump did. That doesn't change the fact that previous contracts with India have taken years to complete, which is what I was pointing out. The fact that this one only took a year to complete is nothing short of both a miracle, and a sign of how desperate they are for them. Who gets credit for the sale is utterly irrelevant to me.

Your right, but consider this... if we start trading with India, they could likely ramp up to business in a couple years, bringing even more prosperity and financial security to both us and them, and not dependent on the Chinese model of trade that has so stripped us of much wealth unfairly. I would trust India much more.... emphatically than china. Together in a decade we together could rule the world in trade and cooperation. Now what is wrong with that ?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I'd LOVE to see India become a stronger ally and trading partner. And the industrial compensation they require for many of their bigger contracts will help with that. But, and this is a huge but, until their procurement system gets its head out of its ass that's not going to be an easy accomplishment.

As it sits right now, they keep working towards that goal, only to see their plans fall apart. They planned to build a nuclear powered aircraft carrier, and even were given full access to our reactor program, which is almost never done. They were setting up design and engineering teams with the US Navy for the hull and reactor designs. Now, they can't even commission their latest conventional carrier because they don't have enough aircraft.
edit on 2/25/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Indeed.... and our own system may be far too jaded. They have room for an honest system to be applied, at least as honest as they are able and in the long run bypass red tape. I suppose I am hoping against the odds, but I did that with President Trump and it seems about time the villain (China) be removed from our orbit of influence. They have prospered greatly and unfairly. Time to embrace an opportunity with someone up until now measured as trustworthy.

Maybe I'm a dreamer, as I say...
.a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

The problem is the corruption has been so ingrained in their system so long it's going to take time to correct it. They're trying to though, which is big. The questions are, can they, and how long will it take.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh yeah?

Then this was a good deal.

That's two deals negotiated directly by trump that I think are good for us. That I know of.

This one and the mexico asylum deal.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join