It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Warns To Prepare For Pandemic...Closures May Happen

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finalized
Ha... My point had been made.

Sad what this place has become.

No ones forcing you to comment, read, or even stay.

Theres also a difference between an echo chamber and dealing with reality and facts. Facts are not debatable, leastwise, not if youre studied enough to understand that they are , indeed facts.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Maybe, although I suspect it's going to have get really bad for people to wake up, as in affect them personally.
edit on 23-2-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Komisz
a reply to: shawmanfromny

What really scares me that who will maintain the atomic reactors once the technicians and engineers got sick.
Even at full shutdown the cores and spent fuel needs constant maintenance and cooling

I'm worrying about the energy sector in America right now... this virus is killing the oilfields because of lack of demand.

If this keeps going on oil wells will shutter in and people will be sent home.

It's getting hard to even get rid of Nat Gas right now, much less sell it.

This hurts America in a lot of ways economically currently and no end in sight.

Is fracking slowing down significantly? Do you happen to know if it’s difficult to restart a shuttered fracking operation?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Am I the only one that sees this as a bunch of bull and a way for the government to imprison us?

It's been a while since I've been on ATS... From what I can tell, all the Coronavirus threads are an echo chamber... What happened to the debate around here?

To be fair there's not a great deal we can debate about this at the moment, we simply don't know enough, I'm pretty sure were not getting the numbers. It's certainly concerning China are cranking up their military production as well as talking about removing physical cash with the reasoning it will spread the virus. A l so we might all find ourselves under threat of forced vaccine.

There's plenty of concern, however we can only postulate at this point.

Do you know so something no one else does, if so please share.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

My point was merely that in the past... While folks would have been talking about what was being reported... Others would be have been a serious discussion on whether or not what was being reported was actually true.

What I'm seeing in all these threads and the majority of posts is the presumption that we're actually being presented with the truth.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Finalized

From my time here most folks are pretty skeptical of the numbers were being reported, in fact I'm not sure if I've even seen a post suggesting media are telling the truth or perha p s I just skip them...

My take is we will not be given the real numbers because it's imperative that industry keeps moving, goverment are there to ensure the money keeps flowing, so media play it's part.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

My point is... Are we sure it even exists?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: rickymouse

Am I the only one that sees this as a bunch of bull and a way for the government to imprison us?

It's been a while since I've been on ATS... From what I can tell, all the Coronavirus threads are an echo chamber... What happened to the debate around here?

I am not afraid of the coronavirus, I am just making sure to be prepared since I have to bring soup to the kids and their families when they get sick. It is good medicinal chicken soup. I also bring homemade hard rolls or homemade bread. They would have me bring stuff every day if I would do it, but soup for three different families is a big job, so is making twenty five pasties at a time. If I get sick, they are screwed, if I get sick, not one of my kids or grandkids knows how I make the soup that I make that actually works. I tasted my daughters soups, I think maybe I wouldn;t want their soup.

Wouldn't it be easier to teach them how to make it?

Neither of them want to spend hours making soup, it takes Three hours of cooking and two hours prep time overall. So, if you start on it at seven AM, it is done at noon.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Ha... My point had been made.
Sad what this place has become.

dude, give it a rest. if you dont like what you're reading.. dont read it. open a forum in RANTS or go somewhere else like GLP - majority of us are enjoying the conversation..

as for Pandemic status, considering the virus has exploded in South Korea and Italy.. it was Pandemic stage a while ago.

I want to know what triggers it - I think the virus spreads but sits dormant until its activated.

Why has Iran and Italy suddenly turned on?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

My point is... Are we sure it even exists?

I'm not going to China to find out
, if it's not real this is a pretty impressive ruse.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

If I don't like it..leave? Is that your suggestion?

Don't push a different discussion? Just go along to get along?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It's not a normal bug. a reply to: Silcone Synapse

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Crazy that people who recover are having to be quarantined due to reinfections

The perfect bio weapon it seems

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Why wait? It's already festering and incubating unseen in thousands likely. If we wait for symptoms to start it's too late.

This is apparently nature's way of correcting for overpopulation and far too rapid population growth.

I know my stocks have taken a small hit. Time to freeze banks, freeze trading and lock it down for a month. Wonder how many still laugh at those of us with the foresight to plan ahead for such things

Great information. Stop buying Chinese junk!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   

What good does speculation do? Plan for the worst, and treat it accordingly.

At this point I'm OK with a little overreacting.

I don't believe half of what I'm reading, certainly not from red China not a word if it from them. Let's see if they can cheat, sneak and steal their way out of this one. And for what it is worth, I fully believe it was a weapon that got away from Wuhan institute of virology s hot lab.
edit on 2/24/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I agree, but I think that what you're seeing is a lot of people working through the stages of acceptance of what's going on. People are in denial, and are grabbing hold of any straw that lets them tell themselves they're immune, this isn't happening to them, they'll be ok, and they want other people to confirm that back to them because that makes us feel secure. People are clinging to the numbers because that's all that's been there to cling to. For a while, only Chinese people had died, and people clung to those numbers to say that they would be ok. This weekend, Italy smashed that, and showed that any country could be the next one to explode with cases. Welcome, latecomers, to the third stage of truth; this is happening

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheIrvy2

Exactly what it is. The head in sand types who laughed at those of us with months worth of food and enough weaponry to ensure nobody else gets it have finally started accepting reality. Good. It's here and we will see outbreaks in the US. Not so good.

Especially not for those of us with financial assets at stake. Thankfully I'm heavily invested in defense, just look at how great LMT and RTN are still doing

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Very good point.

That happens a lot here. Nobody questions the official source UNLESS it goes against their preconceived beliefs.

However, on this occasion, coronavirus is 100% real, in fact official sources are playing it down.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So I just returned from on an international flight into a major transportation hub.

If the CDC is so worried about an outbreak why didn't they have the even the smallest presence at the imigration check point? They didn't even have hand sanitizer stations set up after everyone and their mother touched the same computerised immigration equipment?

Ether they aren't all that concerned or they are woefully incompetent.

... I'm glad I had my own hand sanitizer.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'm not worried about the virus I have done a few things to mitigate it if it came to that, but more concerned about a panicked population in a high-density area. Still think China's problems came from daily exposure at the wet market hit hundreds if not thousands quickly a hot spot, throw in people thinking its the regular flu, semi unhygienic areas, by the time it was out there it already had a foothold. The long incubation period doesn't help at all. We are getting to a period where we should see a spike here in the US if it is gonna happen in a week or two more.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join