It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Warns To Prepare For Pandemic...Closures May Happen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
No matter how we slice or dice it, if this virus was not contained early on it's probably bound to spread freely and IMHO, that's been a case for more than a month now.

When I read/watched first reports in late January I already wondered how they are supposed to put a clamp on this if China tried to cover it up (the entire FUBAR with that poor doctor alarming local authorities and said authorities trying to cover the # up until it boiled over and state level got involved), around 5 million people left Wuhan for New Year celebs, etc etc.

IMHO, they (CDC et al) are more in damage control mode than containment mode, which they more or less admitted openly. The delay is what they need and they need it BAD, because there's still no vaccine and still lots of unknowns about this virus.

My opinion is that it was bound to spread from the start. All the media coverage is meant to placate people while delicately attempting to promote preparedness.

And CDC is, in my opinion, more or less powerless in the face of this. You can't monitor all people 24/7 and ensure they do not touch any surfaces which other people might touch, or sneeze, or cough, or spit (i.e while talking). This virus looks pretty close to bad flu when it comes to symptoms in many people, so it might get under-reported anyway.
edit on 22-2-2020 by Jelonek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I've added two teaspoons of food grade hydrogen peroxide (3%) to a gallon of water and used it as drinking water for years.

It helps inactivate viruses and oxygenates you.

I haven't had a cold or flu for a decade.

Wouldn't suggest slugging down a liter of it, but in moderation, I've found it helpful for dodging the annual flu and it seems to be great for my skin.

That's interesting I've heard that before. No gastric disturbances from drinking it? I usually gargle with a little bit if I fee a sore throat coming on and it knocks that back.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Hello, Just found and read your post. Also your thoughts about the true numbers of infected people.

I got some information about two weeks ago. 150.000 infected people only in Wuhan City. It probably has doubled since.
There are more people dying from this virus than those 3% they are talking about.
Crematories got build to burn the dead bodies as fast as possible, to prevent from other diseases.

Its out of control... That's, what I got told multiple times.
One thing to mention: China won't go down, without spreading the disease over the entire world.
China won't loose its face...

Virus has reached Europe. 2 Corona-Virus victims today in northern Italy, 1 infected person missing in Austria. (sneaked out of an quarantine station in Salzburg) Since, media is silent about this case. Cases in Africa, India...

All we can do at the moment -> hygiene + stay away from a big crowd + hygiene + hygiene
Its really important to wash your hands after every action took outside your home. (after shopping aso)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: visitedbythem

Why would you implement a "gag order" if you're being honest and upfront with the American people about this virus? There is some serious covering up going on in order to hide the truth. I don't trust the information that's being told to us.

It's pretty much standard operating procedure for every health agency in the country that people that are not designated Public Information Officers or otherwise appointed do not speak to the press. This Isn’t new. All it takes is one buffoon that doesn't know what they're talking about to spread false information. Then you have whatever BS nonsense some rando said spreading. You have to be very careful talking to the press.

I've already seen some idiot saying to spray a peroxide solution through an inhaler and drink peroxide. Also have seen colloidal silver will cure it. This is the type of # the gets people killed.

ETA: Don't get me wrong. I don't believe the numbers either, but there's not some hidden agenda. They don't really know the numbers.

Good post. Definitely worth repeating. If there's anything worse than not knowing anything, it's jumping to conclusions based on limited information. It is wrong to assume that just because they're being careful about what they say that there's any ill intent or coverup. If they were to start making assumptions and big leaps and creating panic and it turned out to be wrong, people would be very angry.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

They don't really know the numbers.

You know, since it's ATS we have to mandatorily assume they're covering up something.
It's something akin to a law.

Seriously though, the health agencies are currently playing the worst possible game of catch-up with a novel coronavirus. They try to put up a brave face but they face tons of unknowns and are presented with a world of, brace for it, 7.7 BILLION potential carriers.

For this virus, this is like Christmas x 7.7 billion. For health agencies, this is an impossible situation. They will do their best to limit the damage, help affected people, do their duty to keep the state functioning (and YES, this COULD mean doing so at the expense of some of people affected), and get as much info as they can to mount a response.

Do they cover up things? IMO if anything they cover up the scale to prevent panic. Which is a good thing. I get that some doom mongers or hardcore preppers long for an apocalyptic rioting with Death and Explosions and Horror, but trust me - you don't want that. Once state grip on populace folds, it's free for all.

I do believe the best course of action is to...start preparing. Slowly, surely, without panic. # happens, such is the nature of life. It's neither the first nor last calamity that visits this world.
edit on 22-2-2020 by Jelonek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NinjaCougar

Do you think it's going to get out?
edit on 22-2-2020 by DiddyC because: Double post duh

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DiddyC

Yep just looked at the map and it makes sense but there's a lot of people round there, can I ask you does it make you nervous living near there.

And can you imagine if they quarantined and cut off that entire area... Wow. Stay safe, cause I think they are doing it on purpose and it's going to get worse for us all before it gets better.

Peace to you.

Sorry it's in the quote box pressed the wrong thing 😆
edit on 22-2-2020 by DiddyC because: Put it in quote by accident, don't kill me

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Look at the bright side.
At least it's not 100% fetal.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jelonek

I ted to agree with you. There IS going to be mass panic if they don't find and effective treatment ASAP, and the longer they can postpone it the better for all.

The virus is going to seem like a mild sunburn compared to world-wide panic.

Sure, they're probably lying, but if they had told us a month ago that this virus is as virulent and deadly as people are thinking, we'd be in a much worse place right now.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Komisz

1/3 of 7 billion is 2 billion.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

originally posted by: DustybudzZ
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Im not too worried about myself,more about some of my older relatives and

It's not only dangerous for just the elderly and or unhealthy...

People really need to stop believing only what the MSM and CDC has to say they are LYING

The "official" infected & fatal number of cases are false

People really need to open there eyes and ears and understand the gravity of this situation

Yeah I agree with everything you said mate,its not being taken seriously enough by a long shot-I know younger people are also at risk,its just that at this point being dead might actually be an improvement on my current circumstances...don't ask

I have been down that road and thought the same thing, but snapped out of it with the idea that things would get better. And they have indeed beyond my wildest expectations.

Things can and do change for the better, so never give up.

Currently I am wondering if this virus actually gets out of hand, (really out of hand), and people are blocked from going to work and businesses closed, how rent and bills will be affected. Car payments etc.

That's pretty scary.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DiddyC

Personally I'm not overly worried at the moment although some people in the local area have voiced their concerns about having this facility nearby, especially as the "quarantine housing" is a block of Nursing accommodation on the site of an active hospital. The block in question having been cleared of staff occupancy, into hotels, before the 1st batch of quarantined persons arrived a few weeks ago. Today saw a new batch arrive from the cruise ship held in Japan.

I am aware that the UK Government passed "Emergency Quarantine Legislation" a few days ago which covers mandatory quarantine if required along with breaking quarantine being an arrestable offence.
Something about the response to this current health scare does feel very different from ones is the past, for instance the Swine Flu flap of a few years ago.
I firmly believe that we are not being given the whole information and to some extent I understand no one wants panic. We should definitely be taking heed of the Chinese level of response to this outbreak and make sure we are in the best position to deal with any potential outcomes.
I would also point out we have a large Chinese community in our city, one of the oldest Chinese communities in Europe, and although I only know a couple of people within that community, they are quite worried within themselves due to their knowledge of how the Chinese Government manages information.
Now if I put my tin foil hat on (lol) I would say this type of pandemic would be the perfect way to implement whatever "they" like. It's very easy under current legislation too implement a "martial law" situation under quarantine fears, as well as detentions etc. But hey, that's just tinfoil hat thinking... Right?
If you are a prepared person with reasonable critical thinking you will know what feels right or wrong but be in no doubt, every single scenario you can think of, however outlandish, "they" have planned and gamed it already. (tin foil hat removed)

Follow hygiene, stay away from crowded places and stay alert to changes in how the basics in your area work (local authorities, education, health centres etc).

Peace, Love & Bicycles

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Yep and wow😷🤢

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I thought the title of this thread was misleading. I read in the CDC transcript that the CDC is making plans or preparations for a possible pandemic but they aren't telling the public to prepare yet. Although many here see the writing on the wall.

I noticed a couple weeks ago not long after I heard about people in the Charlotte area being monitored for the virus that I caught a cold. I mostly recovered from it a week or so ago. Now many others are getting sick with cold symptoms. I can feel a slight tingle in my throat as if my body can sense a virus in the air and immediately is fighting off something. I noticed it at work. Someone has a bad cold. I noticed it in church tonight. There are a lot of people with sudden colds. I don't know if it's related. The guy at work said something about his wife or someone related going to the doctor and they said it was not the corona virus. Always makes me wonder if it could be related when I see lots of people suddenly get colds. I saw that everyone in 2 different church services seemed to have cold symptoms shortly after fears about the zeka virus were rampant. People recovered then it was no big deal. I can only hope this becomes no big deal.

In the meantime I'm trying to finish moving on the weekends. It would be an economic recession or worse if everyone stayed home like after 911 if everyone was afraid to go out to public places. I'm concerned something bad is coming. However worst case roughly 90% survive it. A major recession is more worrisome to me than the virus. I don't want to get sick again though. Lots of sick people with colds now.
edit on 22/2/20 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Lol my tin foil hats been on since 9/11, can't get the bloody thing off and I heard that it can stay in your system for 27 days now before it shows its self. And apparently on the news it said the government are gonna start visiting peoples homes and testing them apparently starting in Luton I'm sure it said as a beta test then rolling it out to the rest of the country, if they are doing that they know something we don't and they ain't telling. Glad I live in a little village.. stay safe 😷🙂

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If you are in the UK you might want to look up "UK Influenza Pandemic Preparedness Strategy 2011" this is what the Government put together to prepare for a influenza pandemic.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

stay away from crowded places

Well, that's the thing. People are still crammed inside airplanes flying all over the world. Seems to me if you confine yourself on a plane, the risk of exposure from an infected person greatly increases. Yet people are still flying and putting themselves at risk of catching this virus. Then, those who are infected, get off the plane and spread the virus around. No way in hell to contain it now...it's everywhere. Look what just happened in Israel:

Some 200 Israeli students and teachers have been ordered to self-quarantine after coming into contact with a group of South Koreans potentially infected with coronavirus, authorities said Saturday night.

The group of 77 Koreans were in Israel from February 8-15. Nine of them were confirmed to have the virus Friday, following their return to South Korea, though it is not known whether they contracted the pathogen before or after returning from Israel.

A Korean Air passenger jet that landed at Ben Gurion Airport around 7:30 p.m. Saturday was held on the tarmac as all foreigners on board were blocked from entering the country.

...all further flights to and from Seoul would be canceled until further notice — potentially stranding hundreds of South Korean tourists currently in the country.

“The potential that there is someone ill in Israel due to the group has risen significantly,” Bar Siman Tov said. “We are working under the assumption that the South Korean tourists were carrying the virus while in Israel.”

As cases surged outside China, WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus warned that the “window of opportunity” to contain the international spread of the outbreak was “narrowing.” He cautioned that if countries did not quickly mobilize to fight the reach of the virus, “this outbreak could go in any direction. It could even be messy.”

www.timesofisrael.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Thanks for your advice from the other day and yeh my missus brother flies all over for work and he's still doing it, personally I wouldn't and she don't want to see him for a while, because of it. She even told him don't come to the house 😆 bit of a butt hole anyway. So no drama 😎

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

Love the name what kind of deviant are you...😉 Not the Gervais "Pill popping sexual deviant" kind? Lol

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

And like I stated very clearly in my thread, the only thing "misleading" is what we're being told by the CDC and government officials.

The fact that a director from the CDC stated that the U.S. is “preparing as if this were the next pandemic," says it all. They're not going to state unequivocally that this virus will reach pandemic levels, for fear of it bringing about mass panic and a mass horde wiping stock/food supplies from stores nationwide.

You are certainly free to believe that this "is no big deal," but remember the swine flu pandemic back in 2009? People were quarantined back then, but IMO the level of concern with the CoV-19 cornavirus is far worse.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join