It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can't load pics no more

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Got newer MacBook running Catalina and can no longer load pics. Keep getting message "only file images supported". Not sure what I'm doing wrong, never had this much trouble in the past.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

You mean upload?
Or page loads?

If the former, is there a visible image extension, such as .png or .jpg. Trying manually adding that to the end of the file name. I've had that solve some upload problems. Also check image file size.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
Yes, uploads.
I used to only get the "supports image files only"on occasion, now its every pic I try.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
check the extensions are correct as thats what is used to tell the OS what to do with the files so pic.jpg will normally be associated with a picture viewer/editor.

Did you upgrade to catalina from an older version then its possible the upgrade may of nuked your old viewer program if it was a 32 bit one and thus the associations are confused and may need to be reset

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
check the extensions are correct as thats what is used to tell the OS what to do with the files so pic.jpg will normally be associated with a picture viewer/editor.

Did you upgrade to catalina from an older version then its possible the upgrade may of nuked your old viewer program if it was a 32 bit one and thus the associations are confused and may need to be reset

It's a 2015 that was wiped clean and then had Catalina installed. How do I check viewer program?

I understand that 32 bit is no longer supported and is raising hell with a lot of 3rd party software.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I got a new iphone last year. Same thing was happening. I downloaded the jpeg-png app and after I convert to png the image will upload to ats.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

One thing that I think happens is that the Mac OS uses the ".jpeg" extension instead of ".jpg", while ATS doesn't consider ".jpeg" as and image format, only ".jpg".

If your images have the .jpeg extension try to change to .jpg to see if it works.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

One thing that I think happens is that the Mac OS uses the ".jpeg" extension instead of ".jpg", while ATS doesn't consider ".jpeg" as and image format, only ".jpg".

If your images have the .jpeg extension try to change to .jpg to see if it works.

Do you know how I go about doing that?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

When you see the files in your computer do you see the extension or just the file name?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: ArMaP

Do you know how I go about doing that?

Click the image file to highlight it, either in finder or on desktop. Once Highlighted, click the file name and you change both the file name and extension. If you can see no extension, just type .jpg at the end and hit enter. You'll then be prompted to confirm.

If there's already an image extension, do the above but just change it.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thx to the both of you for the help. Finally figured a way to make it happen by renaming.

new topics

top topics

join