It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible speed of a bushfire from Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This footage is wild, the ferioceness of this fire is mind blowing, this is the kind of nasty bally001 might have seen while saving home in the recent fires.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Crazy.

My old man got caught in a fire truck in the 2003 fires in the Victorian high country, said he felt like a dim sim and couldn't believe he didn't die as even the trucks wheels had melted. They had to lay in the back (not the cabin) wrapped in as much fire protection clothing as they could fit on themselves with the hose fountaining in the air.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

That must have been scary as hell, firefighter is definitely on my list of not to do.

I have a friend whom is a firefghter and he loves it, and says his colleagues do as well, must take a special kind of person with huge balls to do it.
edit on 16-2-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Yeah it sure was, he said everyone in that group has some PTSD to atleast some degree as I imagine you would.

Definitely takes a special kind to be a firefighter, the blokes I know that do it all love it.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Stuff of nightmares, imagine what was going in their minds as the fire melted the tyres, I'm assuming they'd feel it happen as they popped.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

S&F
WoW man that is insane. I never knew those fires could move that fast. Thanks for the upload. Stay safe!

ETA: I just noticed if you look at the time ticking at the bottom of the screen it speeds up toward the end making it appear faster then wat it was. It's still fast tho!
edit on 2/16/2020 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

The firestorms are incredible, the reason they move with such velocity is because of the euclypt trees, the eucalyptus oil sits above the tree line in a haze or a vapour if you like, in fact it's the reason the blue mountains have the colour they do, anyhow the fire races above the treelines burning that oil vapor and just wiping everything out in it's path.

Thankfully the fire danger has now past and were dealing with floods, there was a classic picture I saw with a sign floating down a road that read " is your bushfire plan ready "

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Yeah mate, very spectacular.

P

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Great pic, is it real ?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Yes, Coast of New South Wales I believe.

P

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Incredible, thanks for the input.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Wow mate. You bought back the stuff of my nightmares. I really dunno how I survived this. Let alone my house and the neighbors dig. It went around for hours in the night. Damn thing kept roaring. Winds changing all the time. I think I mentioned previously, the scary part, was hearing gas bottles exploding in the distance. The echo in the valley and hills was a reminder of what may happen at my selection. I have 6 gas bottles.

Bugger of a fire. We lost a lot as you may have observed in your visit. Now we are in floods. WTF. Dunno whether this has to do with the fires but seems I have a lot of surface skin cancers around my head erupting. Need some ops. Doc says, "Size of the cancer spots determines how big the hole will be." Walking around with sticky plaster on my head. Perhaps stress.

Nice and green on the paddocks now but midgies everywhere.

Damn the fires.

Cheers and kind regards,

Bally

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Yeah mate, very spectacular.

P

Imagine being in the middle of that.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Your father is a true hero. I know of similar stories.

Kind regards,

Bally.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Sorry about the nightmares, mate you have balls of steel to stay and save your house and the neighbours like you did, if you don't mind I will post a bunch of pics from your place so people get an idea of what you faced there.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I would like to play with the image a bit but ... I'm just a boomer.

None of my programs seem to want to edit it.

P

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I tried inserting a lengthy reply guys but seems ATS can't handle it.

Cheers Hope and Pheonix

Bally

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sorry about the nightmares, mate you have balls of steel to stay and save your house and the neighbours like you did, if you don't mind I will post a bunch of pics from your place so people get an idea of what you faced there.

Post away mate. That's the reason I asked for you to attend. I was too busy to take pics let alone video the event. Hence I wanted another aspect.

Reason for asking your attendance.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Righto, took me a while to get my # together, but here we are...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

I would like to play with the image a bit but ... I'm just a boomer.

None of my programs seem to want to edit it.

P

Wouldn't play with the image if I was you mate. The picture paints what the coast was like when the fire went though.

I put the same pic in "The shed" a while back.

Kind regards,

Bally

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join