It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000 More US citizens to be quarantined at four stateside military bases

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Embrace the suck

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

There were, but they were voluntary quarantines. I remember the anger when it was discovered that one media chick went out for soup instead of voluntarily quarantining like she was supposed to. I recall another who broke quarantine and then traveled ... after coming down with a fever (yeah, she had it)!

I recall the entitled attitudes those individuals displayed when called on their breaking of quarantine too ... as if they hadn't been asked to do it voluntarily, as if they hadn't been exposed to a disease with higher than 50% fatality rate for anyone who caught it.

These do not sound voluntary. But at the level of risk this poses, even though it's not as lethal, I think that's wise. It spreads quickly and easily and certainly knocks a large percentage flat on their backs long enough to be socially disruptive on a scale we haven't seen in our lifetimes.

edit on 1-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Media fear mongering.

10,000 people died from the flu so far this season.

But let's all worry about this latest nonsense.

George Noory was pointing out how something about this big scare wasn't
adding up. Like gov.s either know it's going to get worse or were expecting it to
get worse.

High range conspiracy implications for him if you ask me.

Like when a baseball catcher knows a curve ball is coming but never knows how
good it will be.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Either that or they really don't know for sure, but they know about what's going on in China than we do.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So, your ok with forced vaccines?

You seem ok with forced quarantine for safety health reasons.

So if they have a vaccine for wu-flu and it's mandatory that would be ok?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Realistically Ket and with great respect I don't assume to know anything from
nothing about what is happening in china. Having no faith in what I hear and
faith only in what I see first hand.
edit on 1-2-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: watchitburn

Out of 100,000 people with the flu only about 14 die in the US, so far coronovirus has killed over 250 people and only about 12,000 people infected, So yeah it is a big deal.

You're comparing generally healthy people in the US with access to medical care to unhealthy people in China with limited access to health care.

No, it's not a big deal.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I was speaking about this virus today with some friends and we all came to the conclusion that this "might" get much worse in the next few weeks and some thing just does not seem to add up. Some worrying factors that even though the flu kills many more thousands a year this virus seems to have had such a accelerated response within the last few week.

Reports of..

*Locking down numerous large cities and preventing those coming in and out of them with strict travel restrictions.
*Building two huge hospital in record time to support the medical demands as the virus spreads.
*Barricading the infected in their homes because medical resources and demand are so exhausted.
*Recent reports of armed military/police patrolling streets some unconfirmed reports of those infected breaking out of their homes being shot.
*Counties rushing to EVAC their nationals out infection zones.

I could go on.

While the threat in China seems very worrying I don't like playing this down as some innocent virus just like the flu that will pass we are pretty much in the unknown right now. There are things we don't know yet and like those on here I wish this would simply pass and be forgotten. For the moment I'm alert o and I'm prepared for the WCS and if such eventuality does occur such as a spike in infections.

edit on 01America/Chicagov30pm229 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

If you are facing a potentially deadly pandemic of unknown illness, how can you not take steps to safeguard an otherwise healthy population?

You don't know what it is. You don't know how to treat it. You cannot cure it. There is no vaccine.

The country most infected and impacted is not being fully forthcoming about what's going on, so you don't have information about it either.

On the other hand, you had Ebola, and a strain you knew had a 60% or so mortality rate. Do you just let anyone come back and go where they want banking on them not having caught and not spreading it? Do you do that knowing that if they do have it, the odds are they will die, and the odds are that anyone they infect will likely also die?

How do you not insist on a quarantine?

I hope you don't own populations of pets because every responsible pet owner keeps a quarantine.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

They were not voluntary. They were allowed to quarantine in their own homes. One lady sued the New Jersey government for wrongful imprisonment, doesn’t sound voluntary to me because it wasn’t. The biggest difference besides the number of people involved is that they were allowed to stay in their own homes.

There were other quarantines once a diagnosis was made of course but also included nurses and doctors that treated those cases in the United States and at least two became infected but recovered fully.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

I can see this being explainable even without a hyper deadly disease.

If the disease is spreading quickly and makes you sick enough that you just plain are on your butt for an extended period of time, they will be facing worker shortages due to illness. Add to that that some of those are getting critically ill and it's a high enough percentage that the medical infrastructure is overwhelmed so that medical personnel are also getting ill and you are running out of space and supplies. Add to that the reality that without good care, many of those who do get critically ill will end up dying.

It snowballs.

Now, add in the lack of honesty from the government in question.

No one knows what going on, so they fill in the blanks like we are here. And we're coming up with worst case scenarios. People will panic and they are.

Now, add in the authoritarian response to people panicking.

It's a recipe for societal breakdown, widespread societal breakdown. But all of that can happen with a relatively low death rate ... lower than Ebola for sure. It's just a perfect storm of events all rolling together to make the usual social fabric break.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

I recall the debate at the time. There were voluntary quarantines of some of those people. I remember being not too happy about it, and even less happy after several broke it with one doing so ... while infected!

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The US doesn't have a vaccine either so that means nothing, if compromised Americans get it they are almost guaranteed to die regardless of how good their healthcare is.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

because it could happen to you. to anyone. to all of us.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
So is any one going to the Super Bowl. I sure wouldn't.

I'll take your ticket!

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Here is a CNN article about the mandatory quarantines.

www.cnn.com...

It was State mandated and not Federal so that is another major difference. And it wasn’t simply people from an area of infection but specifically aimed at health care providers who deployed to ground zero to help. Funny how the press and others at the time believed it was unnecessary and stupid, but currently they say it’s not enough nor soon enough, like they know something more.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

The US doesn't have a vaccine either so that means nothing, if compromised Americans get it they are almost guaranteed to die regardless of how good their healthcare is.

You're being ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Here is a CNN article about the mandatory quarantines.

www.cnn.com...

It was State mandated and not Federal so that is another major difference. And it wasn’t simply people from an area of infection but specifically aimed at health care providers who deployed to ground zero to help. Funny how the press and others at the time believed it was unnecessary and stupid, but currently they say it’s not enough nor soon enough, like they know something more.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: deviant300
I was speaking about this virus today with some friends and we all came to the conclusion that this "might" get much worse in the next few weeks and some thing just does not seem to add up. Some worrying factors that even though the flu kills many more thousands a year this virus seems to have had such a accelerated response within the last few week.

Reports of..

*Locking down numerous large cities and preventing those coming in and out of them with strict travel restrictions.
*Building two huge hospital in record time to support the medical demands as the virus spreads.
*Barricading the infected in their homes because medical resources and demand are so exhausted.
*Recent reports of armed military/police patrolling streets some unconfirmed reports of those infected breaking out of their homes being shot.
*Counties rushing to EVAC their nationals out infection zones.

I could go on.

While the threat in China seems very worrying I don't like playing this down as some innocent virus just like the flu that will pass we are pretty much in the unknown right now. There are things we don't know yet and like those on here I wish this would simply pass and be forgotten. For the moment I'm alert o and I'm prepared for the WCS and if such eventuality does occur such as a spike in infections.

Its Sunday morning here and the morning news seems to have tappered off some. In my opinion something now is cooking behind the scenes.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Huh? how so? i think i'm being rather composed about this and only pointing out what i've read about so far, complacency might be ok for you but I'm one of those compromised individuals I mentioned so i should be concerned about this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join