It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Virginia governor invites Virginia counties to secede

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I really hope there is some follow through with this. What a slap in the face it would be to arrogant progressives who ignore what 90% of their citizens want by pushing their own ideology.

It turns out that West Virginia has had some votes on changing their laws to be able to accept secessionist counties from Virginia.

I say go for it Virginians! Show your politicians who really runs the show. Give them the wake up call long overdue.
www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/ 29/wv-governor-invites-2a-virginia-counties-to-secede-to-his-state/

Cheers to the wonderful state of West Virginia for being a gracious host and home to its neighbors.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

Nice, now this would be interesting to see.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

West Virginia will be simply known as "Virginia" while the rump counties on the Atlantic seaboard will become a new state: "East Virginia".

Cheers

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

As bad as things are... I still don't want my county to go to West VA.

I like our roads and functioning infrastructure.

I'll roll the dice and let the next round of elections sort things out.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
West Virginia was allowed to secede from Virginia because the main body of the state was in rebellion during the Civil War. Since the Union was a union between states, I would imagine that the integrity of the states would be protected under normal circumstances?

edit on 29-1-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Pretty sure thing would be better with the influx of tax monies to the New West Virginia. Besides with all that's at stake it's potholes that grinds your gears?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I also wondered if part of this is the W Virginia governor scratching his chin and thinking how much tax revenue would increase were Virginia to be parted from a few of its counties.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Pretty sure thing would be better with the influx of tax monies to the New West Virginia. Besides with all that's at stake it's potholes that grinds your gears?

West Virginia isn't good with monies.

And yes... Potholes and functioning roads grind my gears, I've lived places where they're in bad condition, old timed lights, ect. I use roads every day, so I'd say they're pretty important.

As for the guns. I unfortunately lost all my guns in an unfortunate moving mishap. Damn shame.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Would it be known as West (BY GOD & GUNS) Virginia?

Actually I think is a very good question as to if individual counties can secede to another state to avoid a communist hellhole. Think of the idea being floated as how to divide California, which I also agree should happen.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
No thanks, blowing the top off the mountain I am on and worrying about the radioactive uranium we've been fighting off, unless we lost that supreme court case..
Well it's just ain't my cup of tea.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

This is terrific! One less red state for New Jersey citizens to send their tax dollars to!!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We ought to just completely dissolve America into a bunch of R and D city-states and give up on this country.

What kind of governor promotes secession? Oh, yeah, one pandering to a base of people to maintain his position of power.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Oldie but goodie:

DC101 Greaseman from 1988: I'm A West Virginia Boy....

For the interested connoisseur of fine radio whits and auditory pleasures:

Greaseman Playlist

edit on 29-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

What kind of governor promotes secession? Oh, yeah, one pandering to a base of people to maintain his position of power.

^^THIS! Lip service at its finest.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

originally posted by: Admitted

^^THIS! Lip service at its finest.

So...you're saying I'm good with my lips? What are you saying?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

And yes... Potholes and functioning roads grind my gears, I've lived places where they're in bad condition, old timed lights, ect. I use roads every day, so I'd say they're pretty important.

As for the guns. I unfortunately lost all my guns in an unfortunate moving mishap. Damn shame.

LOL I travel all over the southeast US drive for a living, WV roads aren't great but they aren't the worst either.

And it's not about guns even though that's the flashpoint, its about proper representation within your state government. Virginia's governor is using this to pander to the left special interest groups. Virginia hasn't had an influx of automatic gun violence to even approach banning anything. Yet here we are with so many other issues and this is the one he chooses. It's almost like the left let him off on the blackface thing and now he is giving them payback.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Ha ha bring us home West Virgina....Sorry I had to..

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

LOL I travel all over the southeast US drive for a living, WV roads aren't great but they aren't the worst either.

And it's not about guns even though that's the flashpoint, its about proper representation within your state government. Virginia's governor is using this to pander to the left special interest groups. Virginia hasn't had an influx of automatic gun violence to even approach banning anything. Yet here we are with so many other issues and this is the one he chooses. It's almost like the left let him off on the blackface thing and now he is giving them payback.

Thats because they're country roads Budum Tiss

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

This is terrific! One less red state for New Jersey citizens to send their tax dollars to!!

New Jersey? That cesspool of corruption and crime? I can't think of a worse place in the US to raise a family. I won't even drive through that hell hole of a state.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join