It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kobe's Death, Celebrity, and the Distraction of a Shared Trauma

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Accidents do genuinely happen. People do die in accidents; errors happen, and this may ultimately be a error. But it seems even more probable - given the unbelievable timing of its occurrence, and the sorts of people it benefits - that Kobe Bryant's death has been calculated by very smart people to create the distraction required to allow this Donald Trump impeachment to come and go with less attention than it otherwise would have.

If i follow your logic, it means that you doesnt exist, and why should i listen to something that does even exist?

Let me explain. If the universe started roughly 13 billions years ago, and it will continue to exist for hundreds or thousands billions more years. Then with an average lifespan of under 100 years, the chance of you being alive in this very moment, to make the OP you did, is almost ZERO. Yet here you are, at the moment of Kobe´s death, to make your OP. Coincidence? Maybe, but given the unbelievable timing of this occurence I think not.
Qui Bono? Guess this OP benefits all those crazy haters, that just want an excuse to hate Trump, real or not. But you are not a hater, are you? Chances are you wont be alive in this moment, so you properly just doesnt exist

Does what i say give any meaning? well, neither does your OP.

9/11 was a big trauma, Qui Bono? Well do you even care, it wasnt Trump....

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Trump won't raise taxes to fight climate.

Trump gets impeached.

Climate develops fog.

Kobi's helicopter fly's then crashes in fog.

QED

If only we were paying more in taxes, the helicopter wouldn't have crashed.

If only Hillary been made Queen of Vile Vomit and Death, then Kobi would be alive today.

It makes sense.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I figured someone would dig up something about Kobe talking politics.

Okay, you’re right. Trump had Kobe killed. LOL

I think there are very few high profile public figures who haven't commented on Trump's presidency, one way or another. If that's why Kobe died, we're in for blood bath!

(post by KKLOCO removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There’s threads about this being a distraction or sacrifice of the deep state

There’s threads about this being a distraction from Trumps impeachment

There’s speculation lebron James did this

I haven’t seen it mentioned yet so I’ll see all of your bets and raise you an arkancide.

Can’t read my poker face ♦️ ♠️ ♥️

Interesting though that things like this do have a significant psychological impact on the populous that it ideally should not have.

Edit: seen someone mention Hilary while I was typing.

I’ll draw 4 and switch my game to UNO.

edit on 27-1-2020 by SouthernGift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You're being delusional...The demos needed this more... We are all sacrificial lambs.. Most just dont have the biggest bang for the buck... Kobe must have went astray.. a reply to: Astrocyte

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I haven't been able to find examples of leaders of a group being ritually killed to appease or to transcend. Do you have examples ?
For example in this article, they talk about the role of ritual human sacrifices in the general social order, they even say that the death penalty in our time is still some kind of ritual sacrifice to appease and strengthen the social order.

I can see why killing the chief/leader could be seen as an act of absolution. After all, he is the leader, he is supposed to be responsible for whatever happened or may happen, thus he is killed because it's easier to kill one person than to start thinking that there may be something wrong with the social order.

In this other article, they say that a society with big inequality gaps is more susceptible to practice ritual human sacrifices.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Well, if it was an attempt to divert attention, it would be diverting attention away from the Presidents side of the opening statements benefiting the Democrats. That would mean the Democrats orchestrated the death. It would also confirm the impeachment is a purely partisan one, which would be a de facto coup. Just sayin. You forgot to factor in what portion of the impeachment hearing it would have theoretically impacted.

I think we can consider this not only debunked, but in fact more of a case of silly season in full swing.

The death has already slipped into the background, so it's a non-issue anyway.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I've been seeing a lot of posts on different sites claiming Kobe was killed by the democrats/deep state to distract from the impeachment failure.
edit on 27-1-2020 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I gave you a star and flag because this one had me laughing so hard tears fell from my eyes.

Kudos. This OP has made my day.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte What is really bizarre is that they had short video of his"Black Mamba" then they show him crashing in a blue and white helicopter? WTF is going on

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: KKLOCO

Not to mention that distraction propaganda doesn't work like this anymore.

A 24 hour constant news cycle and social media make it easy for people to follow whatever news stories are trending all at the same time. They can "thoughts and prayers" the Kobe stories, as well as add their 👍❤😂😭😡 to the Trump stories, not to mention their rambling, misspelled opinions... about everything.

Kobe Bryants death is a teeny, tiny distraction, a blip in a regular persons day.

Trump, or Trumps associates had nothing to do with it.

This.

I understand the JFK assassination as "killing off the modern Camelot" at the time, but distactions aren't distracting anymore.

I paid a bit of attention to Kobe while discussing Coronavirus, while mobile gaming and watching a TV show.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: Astrocyte What is really bizarre is that they had short video of his"Black Mamba" then they show him crashing in a blue and white helicopter? WTF is going on

It's not bizarre when you actually research it.

"Black Mamba" is a nickname for Kobe Bryant that he gave himself and developed into a brand covering everything from sneakers to schools.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Really?

[snore]

Wake me up when it's over...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

It's not bizarre when you actually research it.

"Black Mamba" is a nickname for Kobe Bryant that he gave himself and developed into a brand covering everything from sneakers to schools.

Yes, it’s from the Kill Bill movies. The name was used because Uma Thurman was essentially the most powerful assassin. It was her code name in the movie. The Nickname was given to Kobe shortly after the release of the first film.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

No reason to get mean about it.

So far, there are five appreciative stars, and four flags.

But as I said - in your favor btw - the fog issue is a big one.

Can you see a scenario where the CIA keeps tabs on the comings and goings of many famous people, and someone suggests, "Kobe Bryant rides around in his helicopter to escape the LA traffic every day". "Really"?" another analyst replies. "Maybe we can do something with that" a third proffers. "But we need good plausible deniability" a team leader chimes in. "Keep tabs on the weather; find a day where the fog isn't so good. Weather provides the plausible deniability cover that we need". "So what do we do?". "Snap some C4 on the underbelly of the copter? and blow it up around the more elevated terrain?" "When the copter gets around the more hilly rural areas outside the downtown core, blow it up".

It's not completely inconceivable for something like this to happen. You may find it implausible, and occamz razor could - if we narrow what we deem epistemologically acceptable - see this scenario as unlikely, but its not unlike this sort of logic can't be hatched up, or that if the intelligence agencies thought it would be a useful emotional distraction for a large number of people, that they wouldn't consider doing it - after all, haven't senators (I believe Elizabeth Warren) suggested the far more extreme idea that Trump killed Soleimani to distract attention from his trial? Starting a war seems way more extreme and far less efficient than the more relatively effective 'kill a famous person' to distract public attention.

If a cabal of dualistic gnostics who worship their own self in opposition to nature i.e. satan means "adversary", exists (as it likely does) than they would act in these incredibly wily ways probably all the time; indeed, if they didn't, they wouldn't be as smart, ruthless, and sophisticated as I theorize humans are perfectly capable of being.

But I don't think you will ever agree to that sort of idea - because you're probably one of them Shulyer

edit on 28-1-2020 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Shaq gave Kobe that epithet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join