It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on N95face respirators please.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Masks won't save you if the world ends.

Masks won't get you edible food, drinkable water, non-perishable medications.

If the world ends, you end.

Just enjoy life. Stop worrying about the sky falling. That's it.

The end.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: firesnake

We have a Screwfix account at work, so I will have a look at the site and see whats available. We also have an account with a First Aid supplier. Thanks for the ideas!

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Typically, the cheaper ones are all shipped from China!
So that's a no-no. P99? New info for me. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I know, I know. I watched the Ebola crisis a few years ago and didn't act on that. But, I have become a bit of a prepper anyway, with the food and stuff like you said, so I would be getting some masks for my kit anyway. This latest news has just prompted me to do it a bit quicker.

Trust me, I'm still enjoying life. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

My daughter would never let me do it. I'm already one of those 'embarrasing moms' who show her up in public apparently.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

Even the ones assembled in other nations will most lightly contain components from China.

Might have been assembled all the same long before this particular strain of Coronavirus emerged.

As long as you have a strong immune system, are not a pensioner, infant, or Transplant recipient, Coronavirus is probably not much to worry about really, well no more than with any other cold or flu.
edit on 25-1-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Are you really going to walk around with a mask on all day?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

The end.

You could always go into the mountain, drink from streams with a portable filter, and hunt and gather food.

Tis the way it is still done in many "uncivilized" places on the planet.

All humans won't die off to a pandemic. There are still plenty of tribes who don't trade or interact with other people.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Appreciated, really. I'm not a natural worrier, and I can honestly say I'm not worried too much about this. Yet. It's more a case of getting the (right) goods now, in case there are none left to get if they are needed.

I'm really grateful to all of you who have replied, so thank you all again.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Nooo, I am just prepping ahead IF something happens. I won't be leaving the house at all if it reaches here in mass numbers.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Funny you should say that but I have just started the Paleo diet, which is based on the hunter/gatherer lifestyle. Not many mountains around here though.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This should do the trick...

BSL-4

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Funny you should say that but I have just started the Paleo diet, which is based on the hunter/gatherer lifestyle. Not many mountains around here though.

I have some near me... But I'd probably go the extra (hundreds of) mile to West Virginia. Rolling mountains as far as the eye can see, even from a plane. Plenty of buffer.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
N95/NP95 won't stop you getting it, just mildly reduce the risk. They're not effective and only recommended as they're the cheapest option that just passes tests. Trying to breathe through one or proper gas mask will cause far more damage and discomfort to yourself than just getting on wit life as normal.

TL;DR NBC kit is really itchy, hot and hard to breathe in - chances of getting or being exposed to the virus are less tha winning the lottery or being hit by lightning.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
This should do the trick...

BSL-4

Now we're talking! I can see me in that. Wonder if it comes in other colours

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Good information. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
The end.

So instead of discuss the options, you just recommend to let it go and die.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Yeah, just don't eat a big bunch of cabbage before putting it on!

ETA - Not sure about other colors, but they do offer a variety of PFM pumps as accessories.
edit on 1/25/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I'm not a natural worrier, and I can honestly say I'm not worried too much about this.

Yet you make a thread on what mask to buy.

It's OK to prep for emergencies...most families do. I have ample water, non-perishable food, masks and ammo, but I hardly ever worry about doomsday scenarios, unless it hits close to home.

So far, China is taking the brunt of the hit from this bug, because they delayed reacting to it. Now, they're implementing quarantine procedures, in the hope to contain it.

The 2018 flu Season was worse than the 2009 Swine flu pandemic, and I didn't go about my life any differently back then. Nor did my parents for the 1968 pandemic, back when I was a kid.

Everything you need to know can be found out by Googling it and having a little common sense.

You want to limit your exposure to a nasty virus? Well, you can always stay home, or be vigilant on staying away from sick people, wash your hands, don't touch your hands to your face, spray your exterior door knobs with Lysol, get the proper amount of sleep, eat healthy foods and take supplements to build your immune system.

Stop worrying and becoming paranoid about this situation and go about your life as you would any given day. The sky IS NOT falling.
edit on 1/25/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Well, to be honest, the thread was about helping me identify an efficient mask if needed, not when or why I'll be getting them. I just wanted advice with what all the numbers meant. As we have a forum that many preppers use, and stock these things I thought it would be more useful than google, as a discussion is always nicer, but thanks for your imput. It is really appreciated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join