It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 244
<< 241  242  243    245  246  247 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777

originally posted by: tarifa37

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
Live: Construction of first specialized #coronavirus hospital in Wuhan completes, to become operational on Feb.3

VIDEO shows inside facility
twitter.com...

VIDEO: www.pscp.tv...

Sounds like the makeshift hospital would be run by the military.

Anybody else notice that they have bars on all the windows in this new hospital. I don't know how to post a picture here but just look at the video.

Yep and thought it was because of situations like this..

Also in these new hospitals I wouldn`t be surprised if people acted like the above they may find themselves disappeared out the back in a puff of smoke.

missed the quote from my previous post!

this looks like a scene from the walking dead.... except this is for real.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

That was a very informative video, Kwakakev. Thank you for posting it.

Besides the fact the crematorium service is overwhelmed, I learned a few other things:

There are no more beds for the sick. They really are dying at home. The calls for cremation services to pick up the bodies are being delayed.

The claim Japan has sent 100 medical teams to China is FALSE. You have to be invited by China and they were not invited.

The video of the trash cans claiming to be body bags is also false. The body bags are also being cremated, as no one dares taking a body out of a bag to risk infection. The bags themselves are secondary infections and would never be placed in trash cans to contaminate anything it comes in contact with.

Chen Qiushi is a brave man for posting this video. He, himself, is not feeling well and hopes he does not become infected.

edit on 2-2-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Random thought.

From 1937 to 1945, Japan and China fought a no-holds-barred war all over the Chinese mainland.

There had to have been regions and periods in which sanitation was very poor and the food and water supply problematic.

Yet.

In those eight years, I am not aware of either force having to deal with large-scale outbreaks of disease.

ETA: Seeing one website stating the Chinese forces had disease outbreaks, but no detail on the topic.

Curious.

Cheers
edit on 2-2-2020 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Yup! Thank you for noticing....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Has anyone posted this video yet (sorry if it's a repost):

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Canary Islands' Government is keeping tabs on 15-20 people that were in contact with the confirmed German patient in La Gomera. They've also opened a hotline for people that may fear they are showing up symptoms or to ask general questions about the virus, they state the average incubation time is 6 days, with people taking up to 14.

They are going to keep the confirmed case, alongside his 4 fellow tourists he shared the room with, quarantined for at least 14 days.

There is a 6th person that was in contact with the group and he is in domiciliary arrest, with a doctor in a room next to his.
shorturl.at/blrP5
At least it seems like they're taking it seriously now, specially considering that the islands are a tourist hotspot.
edit on 2-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

They have also stated through official social pages that "No, parcels cannot transmit the virus", I am not so sure about that one... Specially since there has been no information on how long the virus is able to survive in surfaces and objects.

Last EDIT: the hospital has stated that they are not considering moving the patient and the group back to Germany since they are more than capable of treating the pneumatic symptoms he's exhibiting. Also, while they are able to share the terrace, the group is split into three when sleeping, the infected one sleeps isolated, with the other 4 isolated in pre-set pairs. The 6th German, who has no symptoms or virus in his system as of the recent tests and who is in domiciliary arrest is receiving food through the door, and it is all food from a nearby restaurant, nobody has direct contact with him.shorturl.at/bhzQS

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Countries/regions that have imposed travel restrictions in response to the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak as of 2 February 2020. These include entry bans on Chinese citizens or recent visitors to China, halted issuing of visas to Chinese citizens or reimposed visa requirements on Chinese citizens and also countries that have responded with border closures with China.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
One good thing to come out of this is that facial recognition CCTV will be rendered useless as we can go about with face masks on.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Mateo96

Meant to be going to The Canaries on 28th of this month..although to Tenerife not La Gomera..still, will have to keep a close eye on this..

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Yesterday Feb.1 was -2% deaths per day...one less than previous day ..

Wuhan Coronavirus Outbreak

Somehow i find it hard to believe...i would thought it is still rising .

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BowBells

Yeah, not a good time to go. If the virus grows legs in the islands, the Canarios won't be pro-tourist for understandable reasons.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

The infected went through Tenerife and then to La Gomera, so I'd say you're OK to come to Gran Canaria, at least for the time being hah. Ironically enough, that's where I am from and currently at.

If anything fails, just go to La Graciosa, the recently added island (the 8th Canarian), the population is incredibly small there and it is like a floating old town if anything. Literally no tourism or hell, even shipments there.

I am actually on the positive side with the precautions they are taking, La Gomera is one of the more primitive and forgotten islands, and yet they are doing all of this and keeping tabs directly with Spain's capital with daily meetups and sharing of information, surely wasn't expecting them to keep tabs on 20 people and keep a 6th one isolated in his home.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

I think we're seeing peaks and slumps in data reporting. And who knows if the data is worth anything. The outside-China cases will probably provide a better sense of what will happen, but most of those cases are unresolved at the moment.

Cheers
edit on 2-2-2020 by F2d5thCavv2 because: clarify

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Its Tenerife I'm visiting!

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Have a pleasant, HEALTHY voyage.

To be honest, were I you, I would be more worried about the canned air on the flight than contact with infected people on Tenerife.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yeeh you are right, up and down ...

I seem to eat a lot fresh garlic now days....it keeps vampires away you know
and hopefully WuFlu , also ginger, licorice, etc...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Yeah, as F2d5thCavv2 stated, the bigger problem is the plane and incoming tourists, rather than the locals. Either way, I'd say that just make sure not to touch your moth/eyes/nose without having washed your hands and stay at least 1m or so from people, specially if they are ill, general flu indications.

Food shouldn't be a problem since 57 degrees over 30min kills the virus, so just stick to cooked stuff.

Hopefully, this case in La Gomera has served as a wake up call for every other island, and may actually have been a good thing to get people and health organizations to take the matter seriously.

If no new case appears from here till the 28th, I'd say it is indeed safe. Remember that this infected tourist is sharing his quarantine room with the other 4 people he had been travelling with (one of those 4 was in contact with a confirmed case back in Germany), yet he is the only one that came positive in the tests that show he has the virus in his system. Not to mention that they were all quarantined before they started showing symptoms.

So, for the first time, our government has proceeded almost perfectly here, and the observation must be helping the doctors see how the virus actually works outside of the manipulated data released by China.

Still, quite surprising that his roommates are not infected and came negative in the test, maybe there are two strains of the virus and this one is less contagious. But the whole thing is.. muddled and strange. What is going on in China is surely out of this world.

Anybody has any news on Nepal? I am quite interested on there, since it is outside of China and, even though they have half the population density as Hubei, should be a good place to start making our minds at.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted - the Japanese Govt official responsible for looking after the isolated Chinese from Wuhan has apparently "committed suicide" (well he's definitely dead anyway).

If he did kill himself, is it odd that he's chosen to do it now, or did he learn something that made him decide to end it all?

english.kyodonews.net...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Is there 5G in Canary ?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Nope, not at all, 4G+ is the max that we have here.

I am still not sold on the whole thing being an intentional attack using 5G, but yeah, absolutely nothing of that, you can check through here:

www.nperf.com...

Click on where it says "Operador" in the green box to see the coverage provided by each ISP, you can see none have 5G at all.

top topics

<< 241  242  243    245  246  247 >>

join