It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 246
<< 243  244  245    247  248  249 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

That's more than twice the RO of H1N1... I don't get why it's supposed to be less of a threat. They did mention about its mortality rate being lower than H1N1, but I understand there's no definitive data available yet as to how deadly nCoV is due to the numbers that are likely being suppressed. Appreciate the info

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

These new influenza A strains out of China don’t spread well between humans. Two they are really watching for pandemic potential are H1N1 and H7N9. H7N9 is the big one to watch, it’s mortality rates depending on the subtype are 14% to 80% but they have limited data. This virus would make nCoV look like a vacation or house party especially if it spread like a seasonal strain of the flu.

nCoV primarily spreads in close proximity to others in extended periods. The quarantine procedures in Wuhan could be contributing to its spread through that population. It is primarily spread through coughing, it can be spread the fecal-oral route and aerosolized for a few hours in poor hygiene latrine areas. It is stable on objects like door handles etc. for days. It can cause viral conjunctivitis, diarrhea and respiratory infections ranging from mild cold to severe pneumonia. It spreads easier than avian influenza and should be less severe in most cases.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
And that’s another thing, beyond China’s initially draconian actions, building hospitals to cope. It’s sensible but it just adds more fuel to the fire that this is exceptional. They are clearly panicked.

Then you anecdotal information like the Japanese minister tasked with dealing with this virus in Japan committing suicide etc.

Whole thing is odd.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I am flat torn, on the one hand I want unfiltered information (I understand why they dont, for the information age a remarkable amount of people are ignorant) But on the other side of the coin I know I am naturally paranoid so would I still be able to function in society (work/school etc) knowing the truth.

The last thing I will say on the propaganda, seems to me having plateaus would be better than this infection rate that looks like this I when the infection rate is non-stop the stories have to come rapid fire and eventually someone will screw up.

seems like the professional liars were better during the cold war.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

If you watch Dr Paul Cottrell’s link posted earlier he said it’s too late for New York. Due to population density especially on transportation - subways, it’s likely that many many people have it there. He took the mayor to task for outright lying on TV about how it’s spread.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Thailand sees apparent success treating coronavirus with drug cocktail

The lab result of positive on the coronavirus turned negative in 48 hours," Kriengsak said.

"From being exhausted before, she could sit up in bed 12 hours later."

The doctors combined the anti-flu drug oseltamivir with lopinavir and ritonavir, anti-virals used to treat HIV, Kriengsak said, adding the ministry was awaiting research results to prove the findings.

So I guess there is truth to reports that HIV drugs are proving to be somewhat effective. So far Thailand has 10 out or 19 recoveries, so I guess this is something to look forward to

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: smirnoffsky

That’s good news. They have great anti-AIDS drug programs there. The first effective drugs to fight AIDS were out of Thailand IIRC.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
First death from new coronavirus outside China confirmed in the Philippines.

The victim is a 44-year-old man, according to the World Health Organization.

Both (this was the second) are Chinese from Wuhan, so it technically should count as inside Chine.

Still waiting (with a little more worry admittedly) for details on cases of secondary transmission to non-chinese in modern countries, and seeing how they handle it.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
In China, law enforcement officials are warning for internet sharing #wuhanvirus #coronavirus #china

This short 1 min video shows officials questioning someone over their social media posts. They ask them to delete a post and make a redaction otherwise they will investigate further.

In some ways China did get better in providing a public apology to the taxi drivers arrested for talking about the disease when it first broke out. The censorship regime does look to be well entrenched with a strong campaign to silence any fear about what is going on.

It is clear that the official death toll is bullocks with the videos and reports that are making their way out. It is like the CCP regime does know just how dangerous this is. The CCP does have a reputation of throwing a few million dead people in a memory hole.

What is concerning at this time is the small increases in the numbers of people recovered. I expect China will not want to cover up this number and will try to inflate it as much as they can.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Question: According to 'some guy' in a forum, there should be footage by a news source from the infected people on the Spanish Island. One of them was filmed on the balcony of the hospital he is at (sunbathing....).

Did anyone come across that? Been searching the net for a while now and came up with nothing.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: tarifa37

Someone up thread was saying they commonly use those for construction site offices and similar in China and the bars come standard because they are an anti-theft measure. So if they're knocking together pre-fabs out of what they have, the bars would be there.

Good point...let's hope you are right....but I doubt it somehow given they are on the inside windows as well

Rainbows
Jane

The bars are on the windows because they are prefab buildings, and are used to help strengthen the walls/frame/windows when being moved.
edit on 2-2-2020 by TruthJava because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Chinese humor, wife and I died laughing, maybe we understand more than others

Twitter

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

I dont doubt it, that reasoning is the main thrust behind my belief the numbers are wildly underreported.

taking into account population density, mass transit, and personal hygiene added to the ease with which it seems to infect new hosts tells me it must be much higher.

I hadn't even considered New York, Ive been watching California and their Poop patrols in those mega cities struck me as the prime spot to explode it onto the scene in the US.

For once I am happy to be living in rural Georgia... though its not my first choice its better than a big city in my opinion.

I have been stunned by the number of people blowing this off, the Spanish flu made it around the globe, why couldn't this virus make it global when I can get on a plane and be across the planet in hours with a handy dandy petri dish in the sky infecting many more.

Sorry started typing and just kind went...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

To be fair he was on a flight with many people to Vietnam.

Exactly. The way they recycle the air on a plane is precisely why so many people get sick when flying.

If I had to fly now, I'd wear my mask, with a good dousing of oregano oil on it at all times, and have my portable nebulizer with me at all times.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

a reply to: confiden

...They triple ordered my dads medicine so they have 90 days.

I am quite concerned as I have recently had surgery for thyroid cancer and am now on two meds for life. Otherwise very healthy, athletic, ex-military, capable, resourceful person. I have survival training and have convinced my fiancé to prep. But I am not allowed to pre-order my meds. I get one supply at a time. I would die a slow, horrible death without them. I am thinking of telling the pharmacist that I am going on a 6-month trip and see where that gets me.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

No sorry needed, this is like old school ATS!

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Ch1m3ra

Yes, Japan, USA to name 2

And Germany - and from what I know, the only ones who get really sick are chinese natives, for example, all of the secondary transmissions in Germany apparently only had minor symptoms, one even having already gotten over it completely by the time he was tested.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

No,my friend, your mum is right!

Chinese suffer 4 times as much as the rest of us. (it was explained around the pages 90-120)

Which is also the reason I stated that I'll start worrying when non Chinese die because of it.

We are fine (apart from possible turbulances in the economy), it's Asia that is really suffering.

God have mercy

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
Question: According to 'some guy' in a forum, there should be footage by a news source from the infected people on the Spanish Island. One of them was filmed on the balcony of the hospital he is at (sunbathing....).

Did anyone come across that? Been searching the net for a while now and came up with nothing.

I am from the archipelago, Canary Islands, the infected dude came from Germany and went to Tenerife and then that island (La Gomera). I explained the whole situation in another comment, they are all 5 quarantined together through the day, they have no symptoms but one of them had been in contact with a confirmed German case before coming here and has the virus in his system.

The other 4, who were traveling with him, have no symptoms or the virus in their bloodstream, but they are all quarantined for 2 weeks, they sleep separated from the infected dude, and nobody has direct contact with the group.

A 6th person related to the group is in domiciliary arrest and supervised by a doctor 24/7, and they're keeping track of 15-20 people that were sharing ferry and flight with the group.

So the tight group of 5 are all passing the day together at the hospital (the terrace is on the hospital, they are just spending time as they can, nobody has symptoms of any importance, not even the one with the virus), so it is indeed perplexing that only 1 has the virus. Specially because another one of the group was also in contact with the confirmed patient back in Germany before coming here.

The entire floor they're staying at was built back in the day for the H1N1 pandemic, so they're the only people there.
edit on 2-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

Highlighted the bit about the H1N1 stuff, since they had procedures and facilities on that same room and the others in that level of the hospital, maybe something to keep an eye out for?
edit on 2-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

There are reports and videos linked in this thread where people appear to recover and suddenly crash and die in 24hrs or more.

Just because we don’t know that non-Chinese have died isn’t a reason to feel high and mighty. If you have underlying conditions, known or unknown you are at a greater risk than others. As far as we know now.

top topics

<< 243  244  245    247  248  249 >>

join