It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 215
<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Yea, I hear you! I'm highly susceptible to bronchitis since 5 yrs old. Way back then I ended up with a 109 degree fever and somehow survived thanks to a doctor & nurses. They dipped me in a tub of ice.

I swear it's like 1 out of every 3 times I get a bad case of the common flu it goes straight to my lungs and end up with bronchitis. The persistent whooping cough just about kills me; at least my ribs.

Yes, the detailed paper is linked in the article.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

This worries me. I'm fine with most everything so long as it stays out of my chest. WIth this one, it sounds like you don't have a choice. I have very, very mild asthma. Most of the time, I don't even know I have it ... until I get something that goes down into my chest.

So this does worry me.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

No idea but agree interesting. Great questions!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
What's happening to the people who have recovered from it? Are they suddenly being released back into a quarantined population?

Any recovered people in other countries yet? The U.S.?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Yea, I hear you! I'm highly susceptible to bronchitis since 5 yrs old. Way back then I ended up with a 109 degree fever and somehow survived thanks to a doctor & nurses. They dipped me in a tub of ice.

I swear it's like 1 out of every 3 times I get a bad case of the common flu it goes straight to my lungs and end up with bronchitis. The persistent whooping cough just about kills me; at least my ribs.

Yes, the detailed paper is linked in the article.

Oh man!!! The ribs!! Tell me about it. About 3 years ago I had Bronchitis that turned into pneumonia. I was trying to tough it out, taking antibiotics and still working. I was out cleaning the driveway and started coughing. Suddenly I hit the ground in extreme pain in my ribs.

I broke 2 ribs from coughing so hard. Not fractures, clean breaks. Took weeks to get them feeling better.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Phoenix

The genome tree they've constructed of the viral strains track back at least that far. They surmise the first cases had to be late November/Early December if not a bit earlier. So the hard evidence from genetic testing of the strains fits that theory.

Yes, MSM type lies have it at least a month later which make huge difference in numbers potentially.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We're both in the same boat. Well, I'm gonna try to not even worry about it otherwise I might end up manifesting my own doom & gloom.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I make a habit out of ignoring most of the users of Reddit.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

There are studies out there theorizing an October start.

If you take the selling lab animals theory into account it starts to make sense. October is National Day in China, a 3 day national holiday. Some people do get a whole week off from work. It would make sense for a lab person to sell some infected animals on the side for extra holiday money.

Similar things are normal around holidays in China. Scam season peaks before the 2 major holidays in China like clockwork.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Wow 109 fever, that’s right there, very scary. Worst I have had was an umbilical hernia from coughing, like fist sized. I used to have to keep pushing it back in before surgery. Luckily no broken ribs either, that’s some crazy coughing.

When I get coughing attacks from chest crap I get light headed and see stars sometimes so I’m hoping it just skips me. Knowing my luck one of my 3 kids will bring it home. Then we’ll all share it with one another.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I've already come to the conclusion this thing is already going around now. We likely have it, or in process of having it. Silly kids...always bringing stuff home.

They shut down my sons school in Ohio because of flu.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 11,950 confirmed cases worldwide, including 259 fatalities.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

edit on 31-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

link   
This is what I believe US Senator Tom Cotton was referring to which I posted before;

Lancet Medical Journal

99 patients with 2019-nCoV were included in this study, two of whom were husband and wife. In total, 49 (49%) patients were clustered and had a history of exposure to the Huanan seafood market. Among them, there were 47 patients with long-term exposure history, most of whom were salesmen or market managers, and two patients with short-term exposure history, who were shoppers.

50 had no contact with the market. I can’t find the other article on Lancet which noted patient zero recovered.

link   

originally posted by: neurosurgeon
a reply to: ketsuko

Same for Ohio - my guess is they are buying time before stating they are positive.

Just because of the Public blowback

Im confused, you say you are a medical professional and you know how these things work, but youre not stating that you think they just arent telling people because of "blowback" and you think everyones infected.

Im starting to be skeptical of some of your claims and wondering if you arent trying to troll the thread

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

I don’t think the infection rates are high or fast enough for most of us to have it.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
An article that explains why 2019-ncov has nothing to do with HIV...lol

Very short sequences are not really what pBLAST was designed for, especially not when searching huge databases. Looking through three million viral genomes for a sequence that short means you’re bound to find something, and other scientists have pointed out in the hours since the Indian paper was posted that similar overlaps, just as strong, may be found in a wide variety of viruses, and also bacteria, protists, fungi, fruit flies, and plants.

So, if the hypothesis were true, you might expect the 2019-nCoV strain to be able to infect T-cells or recognize the CD4 receptor. But there is no evidence so far that 2019-nCoV can infect T-cells, or that it can infect any cells expressing CD4, or that it can infect any cells which don’t express ACE2 or can’t be infected by other known coronaviruses.

theprepared.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Spain is on the map.

A person in La Gomera, one of Spain's Canary Islands chain, has been diagnosed with 2019-nCoV, the country's national health ministry has announced.

twitter.com...

<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join