It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 212
<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
Coronavirus update:
- 11,948 confirmed cases worldwide
- 17,988 suspected cases
- 259 fatalities
- 1,795 in serious/critical condition
- 260 treated and released
- All parts of China reporting cases
- 24 countries reporting cases
twitter.com...

So how do I talk my wife into canceling a trip we had planned to Ecuador in two weeks?

You call the carrier and cancel the tickets.

Thats the easy part

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Trump administration temporarily bars foreigners who visited China

Delta, United and American Airlines are suspending all flights between the U.S. and mainland China.

In addition, officials said, any United States citizen returning home who has been in the Hubei province of China within the past 14 days will be quarantined for up to 14 days.

Those who have been to other parts of China within the past 14 days will be subject to “proactive entry screening” and up to 14 days of monitoring and self quarantine.

The United States will also funnel all flights from China to just a few airports, including Kennedy Airport, Chicago’s O’Hare and San Francisco International Airport.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Good hygiene/disinection habits should definitely help prevent spreading or contracting illnesses, so the advice is good in general. But most people probably won't follow an 'extreme' type protocol diligently, except for situations like we now are in. But since the regular flu season is much worse than usual, people following the type of advice you mention help prevent some from getting just the "regular" flu at minimum.

So your advice made me want to do some researching and I found the following articles below. I think most of them are saying that alcohol based treatments are not that effective with virus', but I didn't read all of them in detail. Figured since I took the time to look them up, somebody here might find them useful.

Single treatment with ethanol hand rub is ineffective against human rhinovirus--hand washing with soap and water removes the virus efficiently
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Some other links while I'm at it:

Efficacy of soap and water and alcohol-based hand-rub preparations against live H1N1 influenza virus on the hands
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Hand hygiene with soap and water is superior to alcohol rub and antiseptic wipes for removal of Clostridium difficile
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Drug treatment options for the 2019-new coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Alcohols as Surface Disinfectants in Healthcare Settings
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Bacteria related, not virus, but interesting nonetheless:
Silver turns bacteria into deadly zombies
www.sciencemag.org...
"Bacteria killed by silver store it in their cells, making them deadly to other bacteria."

Maybe someone here with a bio/med background can help translate the meaning of the following paper into layman terms. For me its mostly gobbledygook, but read research papers before so went straight to the "results" section. There, it appears that silver is effective against at least some viral components. I think "Silver Nanoparticles" is a pseudonym for "colloidal silver" - maybe they are trying to avoid the controversy surrounding 'colloidal silver' as viable treatment for the many thing its claimed to help. For those searching for "colloidal silver" maybe see if "silver nanoparticles" yields better search results. (I didn't try it myself yet so can't say)

Antiviral Properties of Silver Nanoparticles on a Magnetic Hybrid Colloid
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

So things don't appear to be getting better... it is possible they are but it remains to be seen

You have to believe that if this is truly a black swan event, TPTB & scientists are working on finding a solution.

At the same time, it could be us sheep getting led to slaughter.. for lack of a better phrase

I'm going to meditate and reflect.. be back later
edit on 31-1-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: KingDoey

You are thinking clearly.

Yes, if a person gets the virus, and recovers without significant aftereffects, that person should be immune for at least a (short? … medium length?) period of time until their humoral immune system 'forgets' the virus. During that time, such a person could step up to the front line and help others without much fear of immediately getting infected again...

The unknown: how long would such immunity last? Coronaviruses are tricky bitches. That's why many people get a 'cold' every year. I don't know the answer.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Real Journalism

zerohedge responds to Buzzfeed article that got them suspended on Twitter

www.zerohedge.com...

The impetus to ask the question if the disease originated at the Wuhan Institute of Virology is especially poignant in light of social media reports such as this one which claims to "have evidence here that the outbreak originated from Wuhan P4 Research Institute. You need to

find a truly patriotic journalist to publish it to the public.

You can personally trust me to provide a complete chain of evidence. Thank you."

we have emailed Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, who incidentally== ==happens to follow zerohedge…

… for the answer. If we get one, we will promptly share it with our readers. We aren't holding our breath, however, as we realize how important it is to today's media giants not to ruffle too many Chinese feathers or lack losing access to the Chinese market. After all, who can forget the following report from the New York Times about another of our media competitors that several years ago was itself engaged in "doxing" us (yet oddly wasn't suspended by Twitter):

Unlike Bloomberg, or anyone else in the mainstream media, we don't plan on "rethinking" any of our articles just to curry favor with the powerful and we certainly will continue our own "investigative efforts", even if it means we lose some of our inbound traffic.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Here's another live stream of one hospital being built in Wuhan.

LIVE: Huoshenshan Hospital

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I think zerohedge did step over the mark.
If he did dox someone, that's bad! If he did scream from the mountains this disease gives you HIV, that's worse.

This must be what people felt when Chernobyl blew. Nobody really knew the scale of the problem, but everyone knew it was a global threat. A very sketchy government giving out very sketchy numbers..

3.6 R naught... not great not terrible!

11,926 tests is the maximum limit on low care health facilities. They gave us the 11,926 number because its the number they had.....
edit on 31/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

Okay, but he can't be doxxed if his info is already public.

Buzz Feed has no credibility.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I would place more credibility with Zerohedge than Buzzfeed.

I think Zerohedge probably mislead with the headline and it took me some reading to understand that it’s not actually HIV.

However I think the article outing the scientist working at the lab in Wuhan is as close as we can ever get to a smoking gun IF it is man made which personally feel it is. Im working on a theory with sources and may post it over the weekend.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Can anyone read this? Is it anything to care about as far as connecting the dots?

nextstrain.org...

This is supposed to be some of the most recent research results I could find.

I love GitLab fueled data visualization.

edit on 31-1-2020 by WeAllWait because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i missed this, thanks!

a reply to: aaefd

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

Yeah , dont hold your breath, I watched Jack Dorsey in an interview with Joe Rogan, he would make a claim, then another gentleman would challenge his claim with evidence, and Dorsey would find some copout excuse, or flat out deny it happened at all.

Twitter, Google, and Facebook are hand in glove with China now, make no mistake, when more people get wind and start asking questions they WILL shut down the conversation on it all together.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAllWait

Is that supposed to be a visual representation of stains tested for and sampled and how closely linked/related they are? Can they/are they doing that?

If so, then it would seem the strains in France that have people in ICU are closely related to one of the strains in California ... not necessarily good news. That strain seems to be fairly toxic.

But the other California, Arizona, and Illinois all split off of a different branch and are also related to a different tree.

The Bavarian strain is its own deal which sort of sucks because it seems to be a milder one.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

3.6 R naught... not great not terrible!

Almost twice the Rnot that Spanish flue had, that killed a 3rd of the population of the world in about 18 months. And it has a longer incubation period and spread asymptomatic, unlike spanish flu

You have to take account more than just that value, sure you could say its not HORRIBLE, but the fact that it seems to spread so fast , so far, with such a huge incubation time, means that it has the potential to kill even more when the bomb hits because hospitals and emergency services wont be able to cope.
edit on 31-1-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I’m at the store stocking up. Saw this from US Senator Tom Cotton

Twitter

Text
China claimed—for almost two months—that coronavirus had originated in a Wuhan seafood market. That is not the case. @TheLancet published a study demonstrating that of the original 40 cases, 14 of them had no contact with the seafood market, including Patient Zero.

I’ll follow up later if someone else doesn’t.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Findihg HIV proteins in coronavirus

www.biorxiv.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Ruh-ro! Now it gets real ...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
I’m at the store stocking up. Saw this from US Senator Tom Cotton

Twitter

Text
China claimed—for almost two months—that coronavirus had originated in a Wuhan seafood market. That is not the case. @TheLancet published a study demonstrating that of the original 40 cases, 14 of them had no contact with the seafood market, including Patient Zero.

I’ll follow up later if someone else doesn’t.

Cotton was on the Glenn Beck program yesterday talking about his concern, no one seems to be listening.

And it seems like Beck is the only large media agency actually asking questions and gathering data and reporting EVERYTHING instead of just bits and pieces were TOLD are truth.

Hes cautiously optimistic too, but like us here on this thread, hes raising the alarm bell that stuff isnt adding up, and hes goign to continue to investigate and report, I think hell have someothing out monday or Tuesday hes gonna put on Youtube, an hour long special.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Cute lots of shipping containers with BARRED windows

new topics

top topics

<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join