It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 211
<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas
Well that just exploded

bruh it's literally the same increase as last night
it's gonna be alright, eventually, one day

EDIT:
I know, I know... they ran out of testing kits

edit on 31-1-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Sorry, still trying to catch up with this thread if there are later replies than page 168 addressing my concern.

My concern? Heck, I'm not worried one but about flights INTO China. I'm worried about the ones coming OUT.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Message to my countrys authorities if my family dies

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dolby_X
BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
A popular Twitter account known as
@zerohedge
has been suspended

twitter.com...
i posted it here dont know the reason but with these day pretty sure it is relevant here

Oh my...Seems Zero Hedge posted same paper claiming HIV mixed with coronavirus and also put a tweet out saying coronavirus test accuracy is unknown.

This may be why they got suspended.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
Coronavirus update:
- 11,948 confirmed cases worldwide
- 17,988 suspected cases
- 259 fatalities
- 1,795 in serious/critical condition
- 260 treated and released
- All parts of China reporting cases
- 24 countries reporting cases
twitter.com...

So how do I talk my wife into canceling a trip we had planned to Ecuador in two weeks?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Earlier today,
@BuzzFeedNews
reported Zero Hedge doxed a Chinese scientist and falsely accusing them of creating the coronavirus as a bioweapon

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

Maybe, but I'm not sure BuzzFeed is one to talk about credibility ...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Twitter is now compromised.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
Coronavirus update:
- 11,948 confirmed cases worldwide
- 17,988 suspected cases
- 259 fatalities
- 1,795 in serious/critical condition
- 260 treated and released
- All parts of China reporting cases
- 24 countries reporting cases
twitter.com...

So how do I talk my wife into canceling a trip we had planned to Ecuador in two weeks?

You call the carrier and cancel the tickets.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24891017]Agit8dChop

www.thelancet.com...
Findings

In our baseline scenario, we estimated that the basic reproductive number for 2019-nCoV was 2·68 (95% CrI 2·47–2·86) and that 75 815 individuals (95% CrI 37 304–130 330) have been infected in Wuhan as of Jan 25, 2020. The epidemic doubling time was 6·4 days (95% CrI 5·8–7·1). We estimated that in the baseline scenario, Chongqing, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen had imported 461 (95% CrI 227–805), 113 (57–193), 98 (49–168), 111 (56–191), and 80 (40–139) infections from Wuhan, respectively. If the transmissibility of 2019-nCoV were similar everywhere domestically and over time, we inferred that epidemics are already growing exponentially in multiple major cities of China with a lag time behind the Wuhan outbreak of about 1–2 weeks.
Interpretation
Given that 2019-nCoV is no longer contained within Wuhan, other major Chinese cities are probably sustaining localised outbreaks. Large cities overseas with close transport links to China could also become outbreak epicentres, unless substantial public health interventions at both the population and personal levels are implemented immediately. Independent self-sustaining outbreaks in major cities globally could become inevitable because of substantial exportation of presymptomatic cases and in the absence of large-scale public health interventions. Preparedness plans and mitigation interventions should be readied for quick deployment globally.

edit on Fri Jan 31 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: added tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on 31-1-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

twitter.com...

Updated Lancet Paper

edit on 31-1-2020 by EndtheMadnessNow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Joeshiloh

after reading it looks like the variables used in the test were not unique and always had a high chance of occuring.

this reply seems to sum it up well enough for peasants like myself to understand:

All four of the identified amino acid insertions are extremely short and are found in the genomes of many other organisms, not just HIV. In other words, the primary finding of this work are entirely a highly expected coincidence.

All organisms contain a DNA code that has the genetic instructions for development, functioning, and growth - this is known as the "genome". You can imagine each genome as a book of instructions. What these authors did is look in the genome book of the 2019 novel coronavirus and identified 4 sets of letters that aren't found in the genome book of SARs, a related coronavirus. They then compared these letters to the genome book of HIV, and found some places where they looked somewhat similar - but not even identical. However, because these sets of letters were so short, they are often found in many genome books by chance - they way you might search for the phrase "can be there" in Google Books and find that thousands of books contain those words - but this is not an example of plagarism.

Note here: We call these sets of letters "insertions" because they are in one genome, but not in a close relative - "insertion" does not imply human interference or engineering - it is an evolutionary term and refers to a natural evolutionary mutation.

Here are the four insertions:

TNGTKR

HKNNKS

RSYLTPGDSSSG

QTNSPRRA

These four insertions are protein sequences, that are encoded by a DNA sequence (which you may know uses molecular "letters" of A, G, C, and T to encode for proteins, which uses 20 molecular amino acid "letters").

You, dear reader, do not have to take anybody's word for it that these letters are a concidence - you can do the bioinformatics yourself!

If you would go to:
blast.ncbi.nlm.nih.......

You will arrive at a search engine for these genome books, kind of like the Google of biology. Click on "Protein Blast", because are going to search for these protein sequences.

Under where it says "Enter accession number", you can paste any one of the four sequences above.

And then you can hit the "BLAST" button at the bottom of the screen. In a few minutes you will get a set of results.

Let's go through the results for the longest sequence, "RSYLTPGDSSSG", together.

Under the "Description" field you can see resulting hits. The first hit you see is to "spike glycoprotein [Wuhan seafood market pneumonia virus]" - this is good, because we know that this sequence came from this genome. Under "Per. Id" you can see the similarity of this sequence to other hits - in this case, you can start by seeing that this sequence is also found in Bat coronavirus, so isn't actually novel at all! And there are many comparative hits that as equally as good, or often better, than the HIV comparison.

Let's then take a look at the second sequence, "HKNNKS", together.

If you go through the same search process for this sequence and look again at the results, you can see hundreds of perfectly identical matches. Maybe you see Sipha flava - that's an Aphid, or Tetrahymena - that's an Amoeba. Drosophila is a fruit fly. Clearly this sequence is found in thousands of genomes.

Fortunately, the search has a built in way of answering the question "How likely was this result to have occurred by chance?". It is called the E-value, or Expect Value - the number of times we'd expect to see this result purely by chance. As you can see here, many of the E-values listed on this page are greater than 7829 - so we'd have expected to see 7829 instances of matches like these completely by chance! This is not evidence for gene transfer or gene similarity - it's simply a coincidence. As you now search for the other insertions described by this paper, you'll see that all of them hit hundreds of other genomes simply by chance. It is no surprise at all that they could have matches with some similarity in the HIV genome.

Congratulations! You are now a more careful and proficient bioinformatician than the authors of this paper.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
No update on possible case in Kansas.

Specimens were sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for testing on Tuesday and KDHE expects to receive results by the weekend, according to KDHE Secretary Lee Norman, M.D.

I thought we were supposed to get these results by Friday, but I guess they reported it incorrectly.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by JHU CSSE)
gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
Linky

Notice the afternoon report is always really low then they pile it on at the end of the day so all report are 12 to 24 Hrs late keeping number down.

docs.google.com...

Good twats to monitor for local Chinese pix and vids of the situation

twitter.com...
twitter.com...
twitter.com...

JHU press release about the development of the dashboard:
hub.jhu.edu...

Save this Preparedness and Response Plan offline and share with your local docs and hospitals:
www.hopkins-cepar.org...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Same for Ohio - my guess is they are buying time before stating they are positive.

Just because of the Public blowback

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Same for Ohio - my guess is they are buying time before stating they are positive.

Just because of the Public blowback

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
No update on possible case in Kansas.

Specimens were sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for testing on Tuesday and KDHE expects to receive results by the weekend, according to KDHE Secretary Lee Norman, M.D.

I thought we were supposed to get these results by Friday, but I guess they reported it incorrectly.

That's what happened with Texas. Check online for updates Sunday morning.
edit on 31-1-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
a reply to: Agit8dChop

There are currently 11,337 confirmed cases worldwide, including 259 fatalities.

...and 36,000 under observation in wuhan/hubei province. That is not all the people they sent back home.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Dolby_X
BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
A popular Twitter account known as
@zerohedge
has been suspended

twitter.com...
i posted it here dont know the reason but with these day pretty sure it is relevant here

Oh my...Seems Zero Hedge posted same paper claiming HIV mixed with coronavirus and also put a tweet out saying coronavirus test accuracy is unknown.

This may be why they got suspended.

@BNODesk

Update: Twitter confirms @zerohedge was permanently suspended for "violating our platform manipulation policy," according to BuzzFeed News.
twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Anand Ranganathan

@ARanganathan72

Author: Land of the Wilted Rose (Rupa); Love & Honour (Bloomsbury); Rat Eater (Bloomsbury). Consulting Editor & Columnist: Swarajya. RTs, Likes ≠ Endorsements.

1,102 Following

220.3K Followers

…Until he realized something disturbing.

Anand Ranganathan

@ARanganathan72

==Oh my god. Indian scientists have just found HIV (AIDS) virus-like insertions in the 2019-nCov virus that are not found in any other coronavirus. They hint at the possibility that this Chinese virus was designed ["not fortuitous']. Scary if true.== biorxiv.org...

twitter.com...

top topics

<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join