It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 174
<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

You're right but right now we don't have exact figures. I believe the numbers are well above than what is being reported and I usually add on top of what has been reported by good sources to give me a general scale.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

It seems more likely the testing and confirmation isnt keeping up with the exponential growth.

As to containment, considering the long incubation while shedding virus particles - I wouldn't be so sure either.

Until we have actual data and not that which is trickled to us by CPP, its all just ballparking.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
News just said most schools in Ohio are shut down til next Monday. Mostly southern Ohio, oddly major city schools staying open for now but virtually all other than urban counties are shutting schools for a scrubbing. I’ LL see if I can find a link

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Wilbur Ross: Coronavirus Outbreak in China Will Boost the U.S. Economy
www.thedailybeast.com...

It’s hard to believe he actually said this out loud. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross has said he thinks the coronavirus outbreak in China, which has killed 170 people and infected more than 7,700, will boost the U.S. economy. Appearing on Fox Business News, Ross was asked whether the deadly virus will disrupt the Chinese economy. He started off well, saying: “Every American’s heart has to go out to the victims of the coronavirus, so I don’t want to talk about a victory lap over a very unfortunate, very malignant disease.” However, Ross then immediately went on to do exactly that. The Trump Cabinet member said businesses will have to consider the coronavirus when they review their supply chains, adding: “It’s another risk factor that people need to take into account, so I think it will help to accelerate the return of jobs to North America—some to the U.S., probably some to Mexico as well.” At least one person is managing to see the bright side.

Strange thing to say under the circumstances.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
www.thedailybeast.com...

It’s hard to believe he actually said this out loud. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross has said he thinks the coronavirus outbreak in China, which has killed 170 people and infected more than 7,700, will boost the U.S. economy. Appearing on Fox Business News, Ross was asked whether the deadly virus will disrupt the Chinese economy. He started off well, saying: “Every American’s heart has to go out to the victims of the coronavirus, so I don’t want to talk about a victory lap over a very unfortunate, very malignant disease.” However, Ross then immediately went on to do exactly that. The Trump Cabinet member said businesses will have to consider the coronavirus when they review their supply chains, adding: “It’s another risk factor that people need to take into account, so I think it will help to accelerate the return of jobs to North America—some to the U.S., probably some to Mexico as well.” At least one person is managing to see the bright side.

It’s strange to tell the truth?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Numbers, numbers and numbers....numbers for this, numbers for that, numbers increasing, numbers decreasing, numbers from this source, numbers from that source, numbers not true, numbers realistic, numbers non-realistic, numbers from the media, numbers from govs and agencies, numbers-that-i-know-them-precisely-and-you-know-nothing, numbers very-far-away-from-the-reality...numbers, numbers and numbers...

Opppssss,,,sorry, thats not numbers, those are real human beings with a family, home, friends, etc.

edit on 30-1-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I hear you.
Wuhan seems to be the only question, screening being done here . Toronto that is ... Alot of moving pieces that just flat out don't make sense.... Believing China is not on any of my lists believe me. And I am having a hard time depending on WHO... YMMV

edit on 1302020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

If any of us were there odds are we'd be in reeducation camps lol

Eta flashback oct 2019 THE UNITED NATIONS IS RUNNING OUT OF MONEY

edit on 1302020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Not entirely as this could prove to be a precursor to war between the US and China...
Or even more evil a planned population culling...
Canada will develop the cure...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well this is a smart move.

abc6onyourside.com...

I just woke up (Tokyo) so I don't know if this has been posted yet.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FirePilotFilson
News just said most schools in Ohio are shut down til next Monday. Mostly southern Ohio, oddly major city schools staying open for now but virtually all other than urban counties are shutting schools for a scrubbing. I’ LL see if I can find a link

There are two Miami (of Ohio) University students just coming from Wuhan...under observation and currently being tested for the virus. The test results are due in sometime today.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

www.thedailybeast.com...

It’s strange to tell the truth?

First of all, we don’t know whether it's true or not, depending on how this turns out.

God forbid this virus gets worse and turns international and we have to go out wearing masks.

Indeed, few would be interested in celebrating if that happened

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

www.thedailybeast.com...

Not to me personally. I am still keeping in mind this latest 'out break' is covering some global financial manipulation...ie....the downfall of the Chinese financial control.....
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Well this is a smart move.

abc6onyourside.com...

I just woke up (Tokyo) so I don't know if this has been posted yet.

My goodness, I hope your wrong!

Of course, I also hope the Chinese don't make a big thing out of this guy saying this.

Conspiracy theories I'm sure realize this virus erupted right after or before the signing of that trade deal.

link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

They are already saying there will be economy trouble

China's #GDP growth may drop to 5 percent or even lower due to virus onslaught, said Zhang Ming, an economist with the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. #nCoV2019 http://(link tracking not allowed)/2REGYBb

twitter.com...

link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

www.thedailybeast.com...

Not to me personally. I am still keeping in mind this latest 'out break' is covering some global financial manipulation...ie....the downfall of the Chinese financial control.....
Rainbows
Jane

I would say the downfall of ECB's and FED's financial control

link   
Has anyone reviewed the Event 201 simulation about how world leaders would respond to a pandemic?

This one seemed to be worse but there were some interesting highlights:

Intermittent disabling of social media to prevent panic.

Networking of all public health systems, media and social media to control information and disinformation.

Influx of government funding to keep crucial systems and private companies functioning.

Governments hoarding supplies when they should be sharing them.

Failure of “just in time” supply systems requiring revision.

International reworking of systems to maintain control of supply systems in multiple nations.

Travel restrictions impacting trade and damaging the economy.

Suggestions of maintaining a war footing in extreme scenarios.

GDP loss of 11% and stock market loss of 20-40%

Their pandemic lasted 18 months with up to 10 years of economic damage.

There was also loss of social cohesion and control in some cases due to rationing of supplies.

They were unable to develop a vaccine in time.

Loss of faith in governments.

Oh well, guess I was being too optimistic lol, one would hope they learned something from the exercise, too bad reality is completely different.

The wrap of video is 12 minutes, they have an 8 hour video of the exercise. I have no time to watch that, wish they had some written materials.
edit on 30-1-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I hate to say it, but alternatively, it could be a boon to insurers, if people dying from this virus are 'cheaper' than people dying from cancer, heart disease, and all the other conditions people get. It is hard to tell. I don't even want to think like that!

Life insurance companies could get hit, like you say … but the IRS will get a bump in estate tax revenue if this hits home too. Winners, and losers.

edit on 30-1-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: added the last part

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I looked back and didnt see all of this posted, so here you go.

The Chicago case and the first person to person confirmed. The wife goes to China to see a sick relative, comes back, gets sick, husband catches it, doesnt show symptoms.. and walks around for about 2 weeks shedding virus that we know can be passed person to person and can live on surfaces for a period of time.

It was one person confirmed..now its 6 people confirmed in us, 2 of those in Chicago and another 21 possible cases in Illinois.
edit on 30-1-2020 by Advantage because: not 2 cases but 6

edit on 30-1-2020 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Dolby_X

God, it's right on the schedule that many of us were talking about this time last week. With a 14 day incubation window, the people who caught it from travelers coming back from China would be starting to show symptoms right now. This weekend might be very bad.

What a time for Superbowl festivities in Miami this weekend...yikes..

new topics

top topics

<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join