It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Were the Mach 10 UFOs That Iran's Jets Encountered?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This story appeared back in September 2019 but no one seemed to write about it here on ATS. I posted this as I wonder with all of the USA and Iran confrontations if any UFO's will appear over Iran shortly. Specifically, I am referring to the orange pulsating-flashing objects that have been seen all over the world. In my opine they may be part of a classified US secret space program or they may not. I personally have seen and videoed them here over the USA. If they are drones I am surprised that the outer shell or housing doesn't melt away from the cursor like zig zag start stop moves on a dime. They are simply fascinating along with a right angle turns in space.

Well back to what the Iranians chased back in September, here's the link:

What Were the Mach 10 UFOs That Iran's Jets Encountered

The Iranians believed the objects were spy drones belonging to the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, sent to sniff out Tehran’s suspected atomic weapons program. But they attribute to these alleged unmanned aerial vehicles flight characteristics and capabilities far beyond what any known drone can achieve. And in 2012 one of the alleged flying robots reportedly also shot down an F-14 attempting to intercept it. Or at least some Iranians seem genuinely to believe so. Over the decades Tehran has built three major nuclear facilities that could, in theory, be used to assemble atomic weapons: reactors at Bushehr and Arak and an enrichment plant at Natanz.

Any thoughts?
edit on 4-1-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 4-1-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Pilots or not, I take what the Iranians say with a grain of salt. If they are ET, they have far better capabilities of evading anything we have on this planet, shooting down a jet would be unnecessary for them. I'm leaning more toward time-shifting or dimension traveling rather than distance traveling for them, so hiding would be more productive than confrontation.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Ever listen to this guy and his videos. Much beyond both of our pay grades out there.

Dr. Jack Sarfatti

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Hmm. In 1948, Captain Thomas Mantell's P-51 crashed while attempting to intercept a UFO over Kentucky. The loss of the Iranian F-14 may be attributable to causes other than being fired upon.

Cheers
edit on 4-1-2020 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

All I know is that Iran seems to be quite cautous based on their headlines on Tehran Times Internet Newspaper as of today.

1. Why didn't the Russians forewarn them or assist with radar before the US attacked the airport and kill the General?
2. If the incident in September did indeed happen they may have another entity to deal with other than the "on the books" USA. Especially a secret space force.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: HalWesten

Ever listen to this guy and his videos. Much beyond both of our pay grades out there.

Dr. Jack Sarfatti

I have not, but I'll check him out.

I really don't think the Russians have any interest in getting in the middle of a potential conflict with us and someone else, even if it's from the sidelines. They're like the parade people that throw candy to the kids, the kids being the Iranians, Syrians, etc.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Hmm. In 1948, Captain Thomas Mantell's P-51 crashed while attempting to intercept a UFO over Kentucky. The loss of the Iranian F-14 may be attributable to causes other than being fired upon.

Cheers

Yes , climbing at too steep of an angle chasing Venus (if memory serves me correctly)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It isn't the first time their air force has encountered UFOs. There was a fairly famous incident back in the 1970s IIRC.

Dunno. Islamic regimes are well known for running their mouths about a fight but being cautious when it comes to actually tangling with the USA or European powers. The clergy in Iran has to balance the risk of looking weak by doing nothing versus the very real possibility of losing power in a sharp clash with the USA; they'll play their cards carefully despite being upset about their general getting blown up.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Goth, one of the old books by Donald Keyhoe had some very interesting reports concerning that case -- information that didn't make it into later re-tellings of the event in books by other authors. Not sure Venus was the culprit ... but then, I wasn't an eyewitness either.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Venus? Venus? Really. This guy was a combat fighter WWII pilot.

Venus explanation and rejection The Mantell crash was investigated by Project Sign, the first Air Force research group assigned to investigate UFO reports. One writer noted that "The people on Project Sign worked fast on the Mantell Incident. Contemplating a flood of queries from the press as soon as they heard about the crash, they realized that they had to get a quick answer. Venus had been the target of a chase by an Air Force F-51 several weeks before and there were similarities between this sighting and the Mantell Incident. So...the word 'Venus' went out. Mantell had unfortunately been killed trying to reach the planet Venus."[16] An Air Force major who was interviewed by several reporters following Mantell's crash "flatly stated that it was Venus."[17] In 1952 USAF Captain Edward Ruppelt, the supervisor of Project Blue Book, Project Sign's successor, was ordered to reinvestigate the Mantell Incident. Ruppelt spoke with Dr. J. Allen Hynek, an astronomer at Ohio State University and scientific consultant to Project Sign and Project Blue Book. Hynek had supplied Project Sign with the Venus explanation in 1948, mainly because Venus had been in the same place in the sky that Mantell's UFO was observed.[18] However, by 1952 Dr. Hynek had concluded that the Venus explanation was incorrect, because "Venus wasn't bright enough to be seen" by Mantell and the other witnesses, and because a considerable haze was present that would have further obscured the planet in the sky.[18] Ruppelt also noted Dr. Hynek's statement that Venus, even if visible, would have been a "pinpoint of light", but that eyewitness "descriptions plainly indicated a large object. None of the descriptions could even vaguely be called a pinpoint of light."[19]

So do you work in psyops? Quite a lot of stuff is over Georgia up in space. Have you ever seen the round orange portal over North Georgia?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I worked with a Iranian fighter pilot here in the USA back in the early 1990's. He was quite smart and down to earth. He ran the IT department here for a company listed on the NYSE. Nice guy.

He also wasn't "just" a fighter pilot. He was a high level officer. I cant remember his rank.

He talked about the 1970's Iran UFO to a group of us and said they they had no idea what it was. He was not there 1st hand but spoke to others in that squadron about what was seen. He seems legit to me and so, why would he or they lie about something almost 14 years later?
edit on 4-1-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

A radar malfunction leading to an aircraft being launched isn't a lie, it's simply an error. It happens. It just happened over Washington recently. As for the aircraft crashing, Iranian aircraft are older and have a shortage of spares. Accidents will happen.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The nuclear link seems interesting. Esp given there's a very rich history of UFOs over nuclear weapons, stations etc.

There's definitely something going on, and activity seems to be becoming more often and certainly bolder. Just what it could be is anyone's guess.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

All I know is that Iran seems to be quite cautous based on their headlines on Tehran Times Internet Newspaper as of today.

1. Why didn't the Russians forewarn them or assist with radar before the US attacked the airport and kill the General?
2. If the incident in September did indeed happen they may have another entity to deal with other than the "on the books" USA. Especially a secret space force.

the russians just showed Iran how much they value them lol.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
Exactly, the US smacking Iran around plays directly into Putin's hands, not the other way around. The world panics, the oil price surges and Russia makes more desperately needed revenue. Why would they want to intervene?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This forbes article from several years ago references the same Combat Aircraft magazine article (which I can't find) and it includes a funny little direct quote that I can't believe hasn't been posted yet.

In one intercept over the Arak nuclear facility in November 2004, an Iranian F-14 Tomcat tried to lock its radar on to a luminous object, only to have the radar beam disrupted. "The pilot described the object as being spherical, with something like a green afterburner creating a considerable amount of turbulence behind it," according to the article. The intruder then increased its speed and "disappeared like a meteor."

edit on 6-1-2020 by framedragged because: typo

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
" like a green afterburner ?" it remember us a different thread on ATS.....

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Venus? Venus? Really. This guy was a combat fighter WWII pilot.
I notice you didn't post a source (which you are supposed to do when you quote something, by the way).

It was likely a skyhook balloon which Mantell didn't know anything about.

Mantell UFO incident

Later investigation by the United States Air Force's Project Blue Book indicated that Mantell may have died chasing a Skyhook balloon, which in 1948 was a top-secret project that Mantell would not have known about.[1] Mantell pursued the object in a steep climb, and disregarded suggestions to level his altitude. At high altitude he blacked out from a lack of oxygen, his plane went into a downward spiral, and crashed.

I have no ideas about any Mach 10 UFOs encountered by Iran jets though.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I wonder if a certain green lady will be paying Iran a visit.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I forgot to. Sorry

Wiki

top topics

<<   2 >>

join