It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: U.N. Must Accept Hezbollah, Kofi Annan Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
Hezbollah represents a powerful trend among Lebanon's Shi'ites - so if you tackle Hezbollah now, you array the Shi'ites against you

But those Hezbollah demonstrators who were waving the picture of Syria's president, Bashar al-Assad, are raising the question of whose interests they have at heart: If they do have a real vision for a modern, progressive and pluralistic Lebanon, they have to put down Assad's picture

those were not lebanese , there were syrians , lebanese hate syrians and when i said lebanese , i mean alllllllllllll the lebanese ppl.they are only looking after their ass cause syria was supporting hezbolllah , i am a lebanese and i know well what all lebanese think.
they are true lovers for syria no doubt , but there is real actors 2 , we as christian ( 40 % of lebanaon) are against hezbolla and we think that should be disarmed and it would be but it not be as that easy as some other mention , coz shiit ppl are 34 % of lebanese ppl and 80 % of them are after hezbolla...

P.s : sorry for my bad english

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ananaki
i am a lebanese and i know well what all lebanese think.

Thats practically immpossible. The pro-syrian demonstrations, even in american media, are reported as numbering 500,000. If they're all syrians and hezbollah stooges, then what of it? Those are numbers so large as to mean that lebanon simply doesn't belong to the lebanese.

we as christian ( 40 % of lebanaon) are against hezbolla

And yet you do nothing about it. Christians might be a large portion of hte population in lebanon, but they are weak and powerless, and generally ineffectual.

Not for nothing you understand, but the christians and anti-occupation/anti-hezbollah people in lebanon haven't done very much to prevent this situation. Why'd they even allow the Syrians to come in in the first place? Why didn't they firebomb that massed pro-syrian demonstration? Why aren't they armed and active? I can understand wanting to wait for Syria to withdraw, but, goddamnit, if you people want ot get anything done then you had better get nearly everyone to participate in that election and elect an independence ticket.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The glee over the resignation of Karami less than ten days ago and the prospect of the Lebanese and Syrians having been swayed by the great white hope of democracy crashes today.

Lebanese PM Emile Lahoud will be recalling Karami after his having been nominated to the post once more by 71 of 126 parliamentary deputies.

The resignation and demonstration appears to have been a well thought out propaganda coup by the pro-Syrian parliament.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I will have to said, the whole set of events was a gamble to cause the split and insurrection of the Lebanese people.

The problems was that it was not Syria the one that committed the attack why? because Syria didn't have anything to gain from it.

We called here in the US the Arab media bias, and only listen to what our own American media tells us, of victory for democracy and a new free Lebanon.

But the truth is that the Arab world is pointing fingers to Israel as the possible agents to have taken the chance and gamble with the Syrians and Lebanese lives and they are starting to believe that it was Israel involvement in the Attack.

Lebanon may have a pretty good Christian population, but the Shiites are the dominant group, they also have Sunnis and Kurdish I imagine that the Christians are from the same tribes also.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
we showed 2day who are the majority , who are the real lebanese , who are we !!!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Good, very good infact. But now the lebanese people must keep up the pressure, insist that syria leave, and work together to make sure that the law rules in lebanon. Else, even if the syrians leave, they well just come back to keep the peace for a second time.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
we will all insist for the syrian to get out of our country and once they leave they will never come back , the american will make sure of that , cause they want to disarm hizbollah and make them weaker , btw how many ppl do u think were in te demonstration ??

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Yeah, i don't believe the Syrians killed Hariri (Spelling), it's just too stupid. The whole car bomb thing looks very strange to say the least.

But like all good mysteries, it will never be solved (eg. JFK).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join