It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November jobs report more winning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No, I do. But the US is a different story, you can't have you cake and eat it. That's exactly what the US is doing, playing the victim.

My comment might be 'stupid' to you, but it's because you think America is the center of the universe and deserves to be top dog on planet earth. And you'll drag everyone down to keep it that way. Was the forceful military push for a liberal democratic world not enough for you people to realize it's not about how much nationalistic pride you boast on this world enough to say no more?

Again, capitalism in decay, you're an empire in decline.
edit on 6-12-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Sorry, we aren't. You can make more stupid claims all you like, they still won't be true. China unfairly manipulates currency and the cost of their exports, that is not capitalism.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PastyGansta

The link you provided just prove that Obama era corrections echo into this economy ...

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Perhaps Obama found that magic wand after all, but your statement that "Manufacturing is still declining", is patently false.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yes it is. it literally is. That's how capitalism works.

The basics of it all is this.

America asked China to be it's near slave wage force, and China agreed, and they duped you. Good game.

Sorry you don't understand capitalism. You can call me stupid all you want, but you're wrong. America is in decline, voting a guy like Trump into power is a symptom of that, war with Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria. Taking sides with Russia, NK, Saudi's. waging economic war with allies, leaving allies in the dust to figure out their own problems, and political polarization are just more symptoms.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

You mean using emergency tax funds where they were needed the most to stimulate the economy? What planet do you live on.

Before government took control of such situations American's were a literal pure capitalistic state where you looked to private bankers to bail them out.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You mean using emergency tax funds where they were needed the most to stimulate the economy? What planet do you live on.

Before government took control of such situations American's were a literal pure capitalistic state where you looked to private bankers to bail them out.

Based upon the jobs report, the first sentence in your first post in this thread was a false statement. Either manufacturing jobs were added, per the report, or you have another source that counters that...

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I don't believe anyone was duped. I think we had corrupt people who benefited at America's expense and Trump has decided to stop it.

Regardless America can at any time decide it no longer likes what is going on, that's capitalism.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

The reality is that manufacturing jobs have been in decline since basically it's initial boom after WW2, and hit an all time low in 08' recession, and when unions in the 1970s were attacked by GOP officials and lobbyists.

They have been on a rather steady stagnant 'growth' since then. What's happening under Trump is just the bail out Obama gave, and he just gave a little bit of a further 'push' with tax incentives.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

You're right, that is capitalism. But it's ethically and morally questionable.

As for those in 'power' leading the US in the 'wrong' direction, I can argue it was exactly how it's kept up such a dominating presence around the globe. The push for liberal democracy didn't just happen, it was forced. Even China has a lot to owe for such a push.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

is the glass half full or half empty ? Deregulation and getting the government out of our way will help keep it going . I do agree that there are cycles to all this , ride them up and tighten your belt on the way down .

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Clearly some people just choose not to be happy. Personally, I choose to enjoy good news and the good fortune of my fellow citizens and my country.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: Blue Shift

My sons wife lost her job but her new one pays her much better , she now makes more in one week than she did in two at her old job . My sons job is paying him much more than 2 years ago . My daughter and her husband are both doing much better now than two years ago . It's only 4 people but I think there are many more .So they will take Trumps economy over Obama's big time

Like I said, enjoy it while it lasts. It really has nothing to do with political parties.

Pretty much can guarantee the market will drop significantly if Warren or Sanders were to get elected, likely will if it's any of those dazzling Democratic candidates HRC or MO included. Cause the market doesn't like change especially when it's successful, what is amazing is it has stayed strong through these impeachment proceedings. So why mess with the US economy because Joe Schmoo from Ontario says its entirely unrelated, then why listen to any candidates' economic policies? Because politics is one of the many variables comes in to play with the economy of a nation, especially one that is Wall Street driven.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Still screwing with manufacturing.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The national news we watched tried unsuccessfully to say it isn't good news, they followed by saying Trump caused a major crash of the markets last year. The crash they were talking about was a correction and it actually rebounded pretty quickly. They are so bias and full of bull on some of those MSM stations it isn't even funny. They tried to say this is not really a good thing, just a minor upturn which the Republican party cannot be given credit for.

I shake my head when I watch the six thirty national news here, the only one we get that is pretty unbias is the PBS news but that is kind of boring most times too.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Contrast with Canada's November numbers:

71,200 Jobs LOST

Unemployment rate jumps to 5.9%

Source: theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Lumenari

What's your point? Notice the difference between how Obama handled the downfall and how Trump is? I bet you can't with your dissonance towards the subject.

Obama was handed an economy that Democratic policies caused and managed to take a 18-21 month recession and make it last 8 years while telling everyone that America was in a permanent decline and he was just there to manage the decline.

Trump took the same and here we are.

So yes, there is a HUGE difference between how Obama and Trump handled the economy.

The US is in longest period of continued growth recorded, the majority of which was under Obama.

Not sure how that is making a recession last 8 years.

Trump so far has kept the economy going well but it is very much built on trends that started long before he became president.

Did you type that with a straight face?

Just.... LOL

So what policies did Democrats enact that started this amazing growth?

Or do you just mean that enough people fell off of unemployment and started getting food stamps that the unemployment numbers went down under Obama?

Because Obama added 13 million people to the food stamps roster.

The number of people in poverty rose 6 million under Obama.

But yea... this is Obama's economy we are seeing now.

/facepalm

Obama inherited the worst economic downturn since the great depression.

He passed on an economy with ( at the time) the second longest period of economic growth recorded.

I dont think Obama did a great job on the economy But the idea that there has been a major economic turnaround under Trump is simply false.

There is always a big recovery after recessions. Obama's recovery is the worst in US history. Dead last worst.

The right measure and comparison for Obama’s record is not to compare the recovery to the recession, but to compare Obama’s recovery with other recoveries from other recessions since the Great Depression. By that measure, what is clear is that Obamanomics has produced the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression, worse than what every other President who has faced a recession has achieved since the Great Depression.

www.forbes.com...

First of all its an article from 2013 so hardly representative of the economy Trump inherited .

Secondly it's defining it as the worst post-war recovery since took longer to recover to pre recession levels. Since it was the worst recession since the war that is an almost completely meaningless way of judging the recovery.

The article is an opinion piece by a right wing think tank so is trying to make a political point, not an economic one.

Again Obama's handling of the economy was far from perfect, but the economy that was handed over to Trump was doing well under every major economic metric. So far those trends have continued or even improved, but the idea of a miraculous economic turnaround is a myth.
edit on 7-12-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Contrast with Canada's November numbers:

71,200 Jobs LOST

Unemployment rate jumps to 5.9%

Source: theconservativetreehouse.com...

The conservative tree house eh, well a quick flick through that crap and surprise surprise it's all sensationalist clickbait . C'mon you don't really take any of that crap seriously do you.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
www.cnsnews.com...

CNSNews.com) - Manufacturing jobs increased by 54,000 in November, climbing from 12,811,000 to 12,865,000, according to the numbers released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The 12,865,000 now employed in the manufacturing sector is the highest number since November 2008, eleven years ago.

A good part—but not all—of November’s increase in manufacturing jobs resulted from the end of a strike in the automotive industry.

It would not matter if Trump found a gold mine and decided to give everyone in America a cool million dollars. The brain washed CNN folks would still try to claim "Orange Man Bad !"

Speaking of CNN: gellerreport.com...

CNN Hits Three-Year Ratings Low Amid Impeachment Drama

By Daily Caller, December 5, 2019:

NN posted its lowest primetime ratings in three years over the Thanksgiving holidays, while Fox News posted higher ratings than CNN and MSNBC combined.

Fox News averaged nearly 2.2 million viewers in primetime last week, including 303,000 in the coveted age 25-54 demographic, according to Nielsen Media Research. MSNBC averaged over 1.3 million viewers in primetime last week, with 187,000 in the 25-54 demographic, while CNN averaged just 643,000 primetime viewers, with 138,000 coming from the 25-54 demographic.

www.cnsnews.com...

The number of Hispanics and Latinos employed hit a new record of 28,350,000 in November, breaking the record set a month earlier, as the national seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate for Hispanics and Latinos ticked up to 4.2% – from the record low set in September.

In November, the unemployment rate for Hispanics and Latinos, aged 16 and up, was 4.2%, up from 4.1% in October, up from its record low of 3.9% set in September. BLS began tracking Hispanic-Latino employment data in 1973.

www.foxbusiness.com...
Where are all of the jobs? These sectors hired the most in November

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Walmart customer:” Trump created 5 million jobs!”
Walmart cashier:” I have 3 of them and I still can’t pay my rent.”

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join