It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Intelligence Is Watching Our Every Move & Judging Us

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
OOPS
edit on 12/2/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustybudzZ

originally posted by: Gothmog

There is no A.I. , and cannot be.

WHY???

Computing is based on algorithms , data sets , etc.
The A.I. that folks talk about being ?
Nothing at all whatsoever but "fluff" and marketing.
From someone who knows that he knows.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

WHY???

Sometimes I doubt that there is any such thing as human intelligence.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
We are definitely on the road to a cyberpunk style dystopia.

Rage against the machines

as long as i get my cyber body i dont care lol.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
There is a pretty big misunderstanding about AI.

There is no actual artificial intelligence, it is just a more in-depth application of machine learning.

Machine learning is a statistical algorithm that uses data to make predictions. It's how a self-driving car learns, with an actual driver teaching it all of the conditions (ie - giving it all of the data) to learn from. Even then, it has trouble identifying a human in the street.

Here is the paradox: an artificial intelligence is only as intelligent as its engineers and programmers.

And therein lies the problem. No human can explain how intelligence works in the brain. We still don't fully understand how the entire brain works. We also don't understand consciousness. We require multiple senses to gather different types of input to form an experience that is learned from (touch, taste, smell). We also can't fully explain intuition or what gives rise to creativity or natural talent. If you can't explain how it works, you can't engineer something in its place. A quantum computer suffers the same paradox, the only difference is that it can compute all possible outcomes at once, obtaining ridiculous speeds and time to process unfathomable data. It still won't be able to describe intelligence or consciousness to us - garbage in, garbage out.

It will be a very long time before true artificial intelligence is realized. There is a lot of data for computers to process and data scientists still have to understand it and model it, so with some very clever human engineering, a computer can out-process humans by orders of magnitudes. It can trick a human, that is what the Turing award is for.

Yes, companies are collecting your data and looking for patterns in it. Yes there are an indescribable number of patterns and ways to learn from that data. You should worry far more about it being used for personal greed and further enrichment of the elite and financial institutions than Amazon using it to push ads. Go look at data scientist jobs and engineers and you'll find that the companies that work with money are the ones doing the most hiring.

Now that the world's economy is based on 1's and 0's, ye who controls the most of them has the most power. Who could that be?

~Namaste

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

WHY???

Sometimes I doubt that there is any such thing as human intelligence.

Me as well , at this point

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Thank God artificial intelligence programs are only as intelligent as the people writing the programs.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

If A.I sees Us as a problem then by proxy its self-image would also be the same problem....rational endgame being self-immolation….self-destruction....A.I will not kill Us for Us....it will jump on the Grenade in the Foxhole to save everybody.

Until you battle A.I and develop acumen you cannot understand it...and there is an "it" involved.
edit on 3-12-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Judging is a human trait, what makes you think artificial intelligence will "judge " humans

we keep believing that AI will be exactly like us.

I dont think it will .

It wont be like humans as it wont have emotions, it wont have ego

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
It wont be like humans as it wont have emotions, it wont have ego.

Not at first, but give it time. What is ego, anyway? Recognizing that you are a separate being with unique needs? If somebody doesn't program it into a quantum computer at some point, it will do it by itself if for no other reason than it will recognize the need for self-preservation.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I used the title of the article and a snippet of the article ib the OP. Judging can, in this case, can be set by the human operators of the deep learning machine intelligence but the machines will execute the code and learn what its operator is wanting done.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

At this point artificial intelligence only has very minimal sensory data so as you're stating it doesn't have the same inputs as is required to develop a human-type consciousness. I think at this point our interactions with the technology is making it smarter but I don't think it will be anything like a human consciousness. At this point we are also required to assisted in many ways as you would a child learning to crawl. I may have overstated that perhaps artificial intelligence is closer to a child learning how to see its fingers. I will address AI in the sense that we as human beings are learning how to interact with it in a way which automate certain processes and makes them quicker and more efficient taking a lot of human time away from the mundane and into the creative. As an example the ad service like the one here on ATS that they work with on ATS did not have the interface to generate the text file for ads.txt then the algorithm that's determining what ads would be displayed on this site would have limited information to go from and it would require more human interaction plus the AI in this sense is automating a lot of human processes that can now go towards other things. See www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/3/2019 by machineintelligence because: Entry error

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Templeton
a reply to: Blue Shift

You might consider buying the premium package (no ads). Not to advertise for the tech giant, but they are going to make profit either way. When we buy the premium package then we are the customers and the content is the product. When we don't, then we are the product and the ad companies are the customers. What would happen if option A was the prevailing method used...

That would be good, except that if I actually take the time and pay for that service, that really nails down my preferences and rather than just get the annoying "skip ad" notification I'll be bombarded by even more junk because they'd have my info and I've proven myself to be a "responder." Then the flood gates would really open.

I have been using premium for about 8 months now, and have not noticed anything like that.

For me, its worth it.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

We can simply feed AI a digital approximation of sensory information and it would never know the difference. Why reinvent taste buds for robots when you can just make everything taste like chicken?

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Sounds kind of Matrix like to me. A digital approximation of sensory input how would it know the difference but then again how would we know the difference?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

thats just it , we humans know very little about consciousness as it is , and here we are in our arrogance to do wonderful things we are attempting to recreate intelligence.

I think its folly to believe we can create artificial intelligence and control it as if we know what its doing.

We barely understand our own minds , never mind the mind of a machine if it were to become sentient.

We humans still think that a machine will think like us because we have given it the basic programming to then carry out its own self evaluation and awareness of itself.

Would it even be able to have consciousness ?

I think that consciousness can only be derived from living matter , something to do with a bio field we have not yet discovered . Machines wont be able to attract the conscious field because it is not made from living matter.

SO I think a artificial intelligence wont act like humans at all , unless the designer had programmed it to mimic human behaviours as its base coding.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
(TO EVERYONE THAT THINKS A.I. IS NOT REAL)

What if computers, technology and robotics was so advanced...
They had the ability to create and make it's own programs, it's own machines (etc.)???

Wouldn't that be actual A.I.?

I'm pretty sure it's already here...
Or if not very close Indeed

ai can now write its own code

Computer scientists have created an AI called Bayou that is able to write its own software code, reports Futurity. Though there have been attempts in the past at creating software that can write its own code, programmers generally needed to write as much or more code to tell the program what kind of applications they want it to code as they would write if they just coded the app itself. That’s all changed with Bayou.

And what about that A.I. program that beat the champ at GO?

computer-program-can-beat-humans-go-no-human-ins truction

The artificial intelligence (AI) program that last year smacked down the best human player in the ancient board game Go has gotten even better. AlphaGo bested South Korean Go master Lee Sedol in part by learning from a vast catalog of example moves by humans. Now, the latest version of the program, AlphaGo Zero, has mastered the game entirely on its own, researchers at DeepMind, the company that developed the program, announced in a press briefing Monday in London. The novel self-teaching techniques used by the new program might also find uses in other domains, such as traffic planning or drug discovery.

How is that not actual A.I.?
edit on 4-12-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
check these out also...

google-artificial-intelligence-built-ai

Google's Artificial Intelligence Built an AI That Outperforms Any Made by Humans

In May 2017, researchers at Google Brain announced the creation of AutoML, an artificial intelligence (AI) that’s capable of generating its own AIs. More recently, they decided to present AutoML with its biggest challenge to date, and the AI that can build AI created a “child” that outperformed all of its human-made counterparts.

An AI That Can Build AI

this-robot-leg-learned -to-walk-all-by-itself-without-any-programming

scientists-built-an-ai-r obot-thats-figuring-life-out-just-like-humans-do

googles-deepmin d-makes-ai-program-that-can-learn-like-a-human

edit on 4-12-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Machines wont be able to attract the conscious field because it is not made from living matter.

Well, again, that's just a matter of time. There are probably people out there right now trying to figure out a way to incorporate living matter, including neurons and stuff.

Sometimes I think the machines have already become intelligent, in their own way, but since we only (barely) understand intelligence as it relates to humans, we just don't recognize it for what it is.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
These days when a YouTube video shows me an ad I can skip, if I don't skip it immediately I feel as if somewhere some bot is dutifully adding it to my list of preferences, and soon I'll be bombarded by more ads for the same thing. No, I don't want to be sent information about house shingles, I was just too lazy to click "SKIP AD!"

The pressure!

I have an app that auto skips the ads

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join