It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is ________________ (fill in the blank)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
America is two continents split by the Panama Canal.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

Originally posted by shadow watcher
America is my home and I love it.
Americans---the ones I know are proud hard working folk.

we'll be there for all those countries that still need our support

yeah youll be there. like 5 years after they need ya

which will be 100 years before the UN does anything.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
America is the greatest nation on earth, who gets a bad wrap because everyone is looking at the US to do something. It may be saving someones ass in a war, protecting another countries rights, dying in a war so people may have the chance to live freely in another country, or having her allies trash her name and then forgive and forget without an appology.

Americans are fed up with the trash that Europe is saying about us. Criticism after criticism, yet when in trouble who will you turn to? We get a bad name, and we are one of the hardest working nations in the entire world.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
America is full of people who have no idea about the rest of the World...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
America is toast.

It has no southern border.

Washington has sold the nation's soul to big corporations.

solution: learn spanish and get used to much more government corruption.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Is full of a proud but sleeping people. It is a nation whose people are addicted to carbs and fats who love to watch tv, play video games and shop at wallmart while at the same time oblivious to the harsh reality of how other people exist while on the same planet.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
America is land of the free to the elite

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The USA is full of extremely ordinary people, like anywhere in the world.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
How can one country be considered the "best " or "freeest" place to live on earth, that is preposterous. Best, Free, Etc are relative

America is a beautiful endless Hypocrisy

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
America is two continents split by the Panama Canal.

Perfect!!!!!!!!Ha

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
America has snow, sun, cool lakes to sail on, warm beaches and rolling surf. america has tall mountains, volcanoes, the grand canyon, wide open prairies, fields and fields of crops, big bears and moose, skunks and possums, America has hollywood and a rich history, America has tornadoes and weird sausages with ham gravy and biscuits. America is a place I would love to see one day.

[edit on 18-11-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
America is beautiful and bountiful!

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
America is... Hegemonic

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
United States of America is our strong shoulder to lean on

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
America is - The place my girlfriend comes from, the place that she loves to pieces, but at the same time the place that she is now despairing of as she reads the British papers and looks at what Bush is doing to it. I mean it, I caught her almost in tears the other day.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
America is, as defined by the United States of America, both the greatest ideal for the world and, at the same time, the greatest threat, dependant upon the direction it takes over the next few years.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
America is the really fat kid at school who is becoming worryingly introspective and anti-social.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
America is................

A malihini sitting at an open air bar enjoying the cool Oahu ocean breeze, while the kahuna's surf and the kalua roasts in the imu.

Sitting at he open air bar on the second floor of Arby's in St. Thomas listening to a steel drum band on the Kon Tiki as it heads out for a party cruise.

Setting in Old San Juan and enjoying Criollo music and food watching the sun set over the caribbean, sipping a Rum and Coke.

Enjoying a hot bowl of Clam Chowder and a cold beer on a cool day on the New England coast.

Arguing about who makes the best BBQ when everyone nows that Eastern BBQ is the best.

Watching a Native American grandfather with his grandson teaching him about the earth and the Great Spirit and then walking him to his school bus stop.

A Nigerian, Pakistani, Indian, Chinese, Iraqi, German and American creating close bonds of friendship and talking politics while enjoying a game of cards and a cold beer down at the Rusty Pelican even though they all were born in a different country.

A stranger loaning me a dollar at the local Bojangles when I realized I was a little short of cash.

A beautiful, caring, loving smorgasborg of people with an undying pride in self and community. America is so much more than I can possibly convey in this post. It is a people that are fanatical about their liberty, life and pursuit of happiness. It is because of this that we are so misundertood by a world that cannot possibly imagine who and what we are. For those of you who do not know us, it is your loss not ours.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
America is what most people and nations wish they were.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
America is Big!

and unfortunatly it is run by a complete idiot, but then again, So Is Australia.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join