It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason for Life and It’s Manifest Destiny

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I'm not being a wise guy but those are the basic tenants of the continuation of a species. No deep thought needed to come up with those ideas.. .

Yes, exactly, the basic tenants, a solid foothold in the facts. It all seems so elementary doesn't it?

Why do you believe that no deep thought is needed to extrapolate on known facts to come up with new ideas?

PS: Thanks for not being a wise guy, I bet you're a just a good fella, capiche?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: Blue Shift
Dunno about that if I had a colony of ants I had raised and watched them evolve, I would love them and cherish them. But I do agree that if there is a creator we would not be able to comprehend it or its reasoning. We are just pups in the grand scale of things.

Yes. I think very similar. I don't reply in many threads but here I will attempt to articulate...

February 20, 2019, I left work as normal, called my girlfriend and said I'm on my way home. life changes on a dime...

I fell from the second story of a business to the first (contractor removed stairsand yes I have lawyers)

My CK (cardiac enzymes) were 475 unit/L...they believed I already went into arrest. No.

5 hours passed before I was found by security on premise.

Sustaining five broken ribs, (multiples in each), crushed sternum, collapsed ventral lung, broken shoulder, TBI (traumatic brain injury)..a great deal of surgery ok...

There for 5 hours plus the say, had not the weather been cold and wet, a bleed out was expected.

Easy the sensation of death. My last cognisent action was grab a bush by its base and in that I felt life. I could no longer see, but felt it, attracted. I thought if my kids, GF, life...felt it is alright...

Yes, there is a godlike being, no we can not even think of the mind, yet I know it is there...

The lesson is everyday is a gift, never go s day without loving. Never.

mg

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: carsforkids
I'm glad you took the ball here and ran with it because trying to make a non believer realize truth is frustrating and near impossible. But if what we say here brings even 1 to enlightenment the effort is worthwhile.
Don't you mean to stupidity! Religion is for numpties

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
It could be argued that our perception of linear time and a causal reality is preventing us from realizing the true nature of life. But I'm just dealing with the idea regarding what is life's ultimate purpose from the basic understanding of our senses and our minds.

Personally, I find it extremely hard to believe that existence is accidental. The universe is so intricate, complex, and exactly balanced that life couldn't be accidental or merely a by product of the universe. For me, nothing can exist without contributing to the function of the whole universe, even if that contribution seems to be a minor consideration compared to the massiveness of the cosmos.

Because the universe is not separate from evolution. We don't look at our planet as a cold lifeless thing that didn't grow into what it is today. We include it--sometimes more than we include ourselves. It is the biology of Earth that we sprang up from after all. Our minds should be blown away that this planet built conscious life over eons that is capable of not only leaving it and spreading itself like a seed, but knowing itself too. We are literally seeking to continuing the biological pattern of procreation on a planetary scale.

We're not just IN the universe. We are OF it--like a strand of dna in a cell. As above so below. As within so without.

And I apologise if I sound like I'm talking TO you. I just get excited when I talk about Us in the universe

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Have you "ever" heard any evidence of science producing any form of life from nonliving matter? No, I thought not. And it's never going to happen.

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: carsforkids
I'm glad you took the ball here and ran with it because trying to make a non believer realize truth is frustrating and near impossible. But if what we say here brings even 1 to enlightenment the effort is worthwhile.
Don't you mean to stupidity! Religion is for numpties

edit on 27-11-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You believe then that our purpose is something other than a struggle to survive and reproduce with the hope to be able to finally become the superior species as I described earlier?

Are you saying that our mortality is necessary, in that life must die in order to be transformed to another energetic state by being consumed by other life or through death and decomposition?

Life has many levels or reason for being. Essentially to fulfill itself.

Though, there are nuances within this matrix that have a degree of complexity and cant be put in a few words.

What you say may be true on one level and what I say may be true on another level.

One of the complexities are what we know as DEVELOPMENT. And it may be that humans can develop out of the more suffering inducing experiences this life holds by development to higher levels of being which may include more control of our own destiny.

edit on 27-11-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

By all accounts biologists are getting closer to creating a living cell from 'non living' material. You can't say 'never' as who knows what the future brings. I don't see how that will affect your faith in a negative way. You will just incorporate that into your belief narrative. I would imagine too, that if aliens were ever to make contact, you would just spin that in the same way.
It's sad really that there are so many humans caught up in religious fantasy. One only has to look at the mindless hordes spinning round the Kabba, the Jews wailing at the wall or listen to the Christian evangelists to get an idea of how backward we still are as a species.
You say you want to lead some of us to 'enlightenment'. Are you such an enlightened one? If so can you relate what enlightenment means for you and what benefit (if any) it has brought you.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I believe there is a continuum between non existence, inanimate matter, life and technology. Perhaps this extends further.
Seems quite profound and full of meaning that I exist now as a result of the mechanics of our solar system. Will I miss myself when I am dead, probably not.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
To understand the reason for life we must first understand what life in Existence is.
Does life only pertain to biological reality of the flesh or is it also part the developing energized spirit?

If life was to form naturally or of been created in the form of electricity, plasma or light.
Without any biological qualities would the biological still consider it life?

In reverse, would such electrical, plasma or light beings-entities see the biological as relevant?
Or is it possible that they would feel their reality is more evident?

a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

To 1 the reason for life can be perceived differently depending on where and who you are within Existence.
Some beings may need to reproduce others may self replicate.
Other beings may have once been the living but ascended during the phases of life and death within Existence to levels of Existence and in form where they no longer require the need for resources to survive and eat.
And still others could appear artificial-robotic like or Borg like but may have once been biological in their distant past but reached a or the technological singularity and may have advanced into pure Energy forms.
So again the reason for life may vary depending on various dynamics.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Good advice buddy, you should post more, raise the positivity around here.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: ManyMasks

Why would we we not be able to comprehend his reasoning for our existence? You would only need to know that there is a creator and but sadly there is zero evidence to support such a theory because we have a limited grasp on science in general.

If there was hard tangible evidence it would no longer require faith to believe.

I wonder what that would do to people?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Dude, you sound just as crazy as a radical religious fanatic.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: vethumanbeing

The point of life is to progress the individualized soul (you) the Creator partitioned off/ for and of Itself to know Itself. Congratulations God Particle!
You seem to be referring to the Hologram concept.

You are perhaps experiencing a 'construct'; are made of extremely dense light particles that have become matter? Can Holograms become physical? You are experiencing your own stage play you wrote for yourself to progress your soul this incarnation; does that qualify as a planned orchestrated concept?
edit on 27-11-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cropper
Replacing the word "God" with the word "Nature" makes a lot more sense. "There go I but for the grace of nature." / "Thank nature I survived" / "Nature is everywhere" / "We are made in natures image" / Etc...

There are only so many times one desires to experience being a 'tree' or a 'rock' or even a maple leaf (stultifying).

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

getting closer

You can't say 'never'

Yes I can.

I would imagine

Go ahead, who is stopping you.

edit on 27-11-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

You say you want to lead some of us to 'enlightenment'. Are you such an enlightened one? If so can you relate what enlightenment means for you and what benefit (if any) it has brought you.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The propositional trouble is reciprocation, for consciousness and either, 'another intelligence of consciousness - or being' is independent from one's consciousness and being, or an unity of and with oneself.
Then force of some nihilistic and idealistic phenomenology, divides (defining forth the terms of its ground and every symbolic notation of understanding possible) into monistic and dualistic series' of 'a causeless cause'; therefore how is it a modal attribute to predestine?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ANKH1F1N1K
Want to translate that for people that aren't stuck up there own arse.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ANKH1F1N1K
Did you know some people for sure can send out energies from their own being to harm others just with malicious and concentrated thought.
People even harm the ones they love without even knowing it. Just by getting into a heated argument with them.

edit on 28-11-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Dualism [twofoldness in the unity of being, or the doctrine that there are two opposite and independently existing principles which go to form everything, such as a principle of good and a principle of evil, energy and matter, a noun and a verb, etc.]
Idealism [the theory, of which thre are various phases, that resolves the universe into ideas as the only existences.]
Monism [development of the all or universe from a monad or single principle]
Nihilism [nothingness; nihility; scepticism to the extent of denying everything, even existence]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join