It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is wrong with the moon TONIGHT!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

When you click this form-field, this message will disappear.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TBarr

Can you be more specific?

You're not Australian, are you?

edit on 11/18/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Oops. Don't hit the enter key to scroll between fields.

Welcome to the site.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

i am in Florida ..the Atlantic coast. THE MOON IS SIDEWAYS TONITE! I am a stargazer/moon watcher. i have NEVER ..EVER seen the moon look like this! Tonite where i am.. it should be lit on the left and dark on the right. Instead... the TOP IS GONE! ITS NOT NORMAL! The moon doesnt wax and wane top to bottom!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TBarr
a reply to: rickymouse

i am in Florida ..the Atlantic coast. THE MOON IS SIDEWAYS TONITE! I am a stargazer/moon watcher. i have NEVER ..EVER seen the moon look like this! Tonite where i am.. it should be lit on the left and dark on the right. Instead... the TOP IS GONE! ITS NOT NORMAL! The moon doesnt wax and wane top to bottom!

So take a photo and post it here. Looks normal where I'm at.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

The moon doesnt wax and wane top to bottom!

Yes it does. When the ecliptic is perpendicular to the horizon.
Like it is at the moment.

And it's waning, at the moment. Getting "closer" to the Sun.

Here's a clue; the bright side of the Moon is the side which the Sun is illuminating. At the moment.

edit on 11/19/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
what?!! are you saying ...this is NORMAL? That all ove the moon calendar websites say it should be waning... and the top is missing. PLUS.. it will not photograph? Just is giving a huge blurr. I photogragh the sunsets and the moon regularly (3-5 times a month) Ive never seen this "phase" of the moon ...EVER

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

say it should be waning

It is. The New Moon approachith.

Ive never seen this "phase" of the moon
You've never seen a third quarter Moon?

I photogragh the sunsets and the moon regularly
Ever notice how a full Moon always rises at sunset?

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TBarr
NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

When you click this form-field, this message will disappear.

Bout Gawd damn time!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
May I ask what would cause the moon to be seen in mid afternoon high in the sky? I remember seeing this when I was a kid one day at recess.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

A wet moon (also called a Cheshire moon) is the visual phenomenon when the "horns" of the crescent Moon point up at an angle, away from the horizon, so that the crescent takes on the appearance of a bowl or smile. A wet moon occurs when the crescent Moon is low above the horizon and at a point more or less directly above the Sun's (invisible) position below the horizon. This in turn is determined by the positions of the Moon and Earth in their respective orbits, the inclinations of these orbits relative to one another and to Earth's celestial equator, and the observer's latitude on Earth. Wet moons occur routinely in the tropics (where the Sun and Moon rise and set nearly vertically), but rarely in the polar regions (where the Sun and Moon rise and set at a glancing angle or not at all).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

May I ask what would cause the moon to be seen in mid afternoon high in the sky?

The Moon is visible during the day more a bit more often that it is not.
If you see it at mid afternoon it means that Moon is waxing.
earthsky.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24770060]Phage[/post
this is my 3rd time on a forum. I am freaking out about the moon being sideways. i have NEVER SEEN IT LOOK LIKE THIS. Isnt there ANYONE else in the United States on the easr coast?? Every picture i take turns into ?? like a huge starburst! like i said.. I photogragh the sunsets and the moon ALL the time. Never have seen this. Is anyone else able to look??

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

NEVER SEEN IT LOOK LIKE THIS.
Or you never noticed.
starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov...

People more northerly than you, on the east coast, will see the moon more "tilted" than you are. Because the ecliptic is not as perpendicular the more north you go.

But the Moon's actual tilt has not changed. See the link I posted in the post above your last post.

No need to freak. But it's been a while since someone has.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

OF COURSE ive seen a third quarter moon. Can i ask your location. My friend and i just went back up to the field.. for a better visual.. and now we both see... something blocking the rigjt and left edges! the top is missing. neither of us can get a clear picture. were both getting blurry starburts... ??? the right side should be dark today.. NOT THE TOP

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I relate as being quantum entangled with the moon.

Don’t really feel tilted atm....
edit on 11/19/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Can i ask your location.

According to the T&Cs, you cannot.

the right side should be dark today.. NOT THE TOP
Incorrect. As I said, at the moment the ecliptic is nearly perpendicular to the horizon in Florida. If the side of the Moon were illuminated there would be something wrong, very wrong.

Do you know what causes the phases of the Moon?

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Do you know what causes the phases of the Moon?

Pretty sure it’s the anger of the moon due to lack of sacrifice.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Every month?

Damn.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Some moons are greedier than others.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics