It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is the best pet cat or dog?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
When it's 3 a.m. and I'm fast asleep, if an animal in the neighborhood wakes me up, 99% of the time it's a dog barking at nothing important. Now, my cat is great. As a kitten he wandered up in my backyard one night when the neighbors and I were having a cookout. I gave him part of a hotdog. Later that night, a tiny face was standing up and looking in my front door. I let him in to play and he's stayed ever since. He likes Chex mix and when we're taking a nap on the couch, he'll sleep right on my chest. Plus, he's a great mouser.

There was an incident one day involving my cat that was interesting. We were out in the front yard and I walked around the house to come back around on the other side. When he saw me reappear, he kept looking over in the direction I had disappeared and back to where I had appeared, several times. I think he was trying to figure out how I did that "disappearing" and "reappearing" act.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh, I thought you saw the video I posted a while back.
Heres Nova practicing his killer instincts.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Totally agree!
I've noticed the "monkey see-monkey do" many times over.
Also teaching them to do things in line with any natural talents they display always does work best. The trick is observing them long enough to figure out what those are. It takes patience.

The only time I had success without that going for me was one cat, who was born literally google eyed, fearful/suspicious of everything for no apparent reason, also refused to be petted or handled. Despite seeing two others who adored it for 7 years.

Keebler had issues.

Till one day for no particular reason I booped her on the nose. It was nothing more than a crime of opportunity on my part. Heheheh! Damned if later that evening she climbed up on the back of the recliner an FFS!!! She Booped my head!!!
Boopings lead to actual petting an now she, like every cat everywhere in the history of the world, is insisting on attention an shedding all over anything black or navy blue in the house.

I will never ever fathom how her little mind worked on that deal.
Who knew cats had "On" buttons?

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
cats rule, dogs drool.

theres nothing more tragic than watching people with their little bags picking up up their fathfull friends No 2's.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Your Nova is full of energy and so beautiful. Your Wife is beautiful and made me laugh with some of her comments. LOL

There are tricks to stop your cat from biting, unless he gets really pissed off at you.

Anyway this video made me smile and laugh and I thank you for that!

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks, Night Star!

Because he's so close to his wild lineage, everything that we've tried to do that you would do with a house cat, falls short.
He is the most un-cat, cat that I have ever seen lol.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown
I've had cats before but am on my first dog

I was sceptical about getting one at first as I thought myself a cat person

But now I think dogs are way better than cats

Such loyalty! I never understood the saying "man's best friend" until I got one

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NNOOPPQQ

No,no,no...dogs drool and cats rule.Dogs have owners
and cats have staff.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NNOOPPQQ

If it was raining cats and dogs which would you rather be hit by ? Lol

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I had a cat/dog for 21 years. Rescued him from a construction site after he was buried alive. I named him Lazarus. The vet said he was feral and was only 3 weeks old. 3 weeks later I rescued a 3 month old Rhodesian Ridgeback pup and the cat was deferred to as the alpha of the group. It stayed that way their entire lives. Caleb died at age 20. Lazarus went a year later at age 21.

Lazarus never knew he was a cat. I had two other dogs along with Caleb. Nia a Rhodesian Ridgeback, and Charlie a beautiful Yellow Lab. All my pets have been rescues. They all deferred to Lazarus as the leader of the pack, and he held his own. He attacked and chased off a pit bull that was terrorizing the neighborhood. He was given the nickname of "The Crazy Cat", by the kids in the neighborhood, after that scary feat. When we moved to the country, he chased away wild boar, and bobcat. Silly cat didn't know he was on the menu, and none of us told him.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join