It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is the best pet cat or dog?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Of course you can walk a cat on a leash. Mine is a happy house cat though and I like that I don't have to walk him. Lol

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Dogs are like the clingy girlfriend while cats are like that girl

Would you rather have a “clingy girlfriend” that is eager to do whatever you say .?

Or “that girl” you’re afraid to piss off . So you obey.

Besides dogs love their owners far more than cats and I can prove it .

Have you ever had a cat hump your leg ?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Cats are OK, but not for me. I don't like their destructive environmental credentials. Owners of cats should be responsible and give them collars with bells, so the wildlife can hear them coming.

Dogs are better for the environment.

I currently have two dogs. Would never go back.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
depends on the person...

Cats leave you alone unless they want something...

dogs tend to be needy... but they hang out and do things with you

my shepard had a mission in life to sit on my head... lol

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Wow. This is like saying choose between bread or cheese. Why? Both species are so fantastic in their own right.

Right now, we only have cats, but we miss dogs very much. Both species bring such incredible warmth to a house. If I had to articulate the main difference for me, it would be that dogs bring more joy and protection from people, while cats bring more comfort and protection from vermin. Ideally, one should have a couple of both.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Dogs are weak.
Cats are far more intelligent and self sufficient.
Dogs bark, cats are quiet.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

My cats sit and cry at the door when I leave. When I get home they follow me around and wait for me to sit down so they can sit on or next to me.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

This part of the discussion is almost thread worthy .

I wonder how many people here bought leashes and collars for the cats .

How many attempted to walk their cat on a leash more than once .

And how many people were successful . Lol

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Night Star

This part of the discussion is almost thread worthy .

I wonder how many people here bought leashes and collars for the cats .

How many attempted to walk their cat on a leash more than once .

And how many people were successful . Lol

It's quite possible. You just need to start doing it when they are young.

These are actually more wild than a regular cat.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I've come to realize that you wont have pets without some issues.

We have dogs in the back inside the fence and cats up front free to come and go as they please.
At some point you have to ask yourself is it worth it to have cats or dogs. I'd almost rather have the wild squirrel's feeling safe to come up on the porches.

Years ago we had a couple of mini dash hounds and loved those little weenies to death but one of them, every single time you come home if you haven't seen her in a while she would roll over and pee strait up in the air and all over the place. That little dog could see spirits but not her sister. We'd always come in and tell the kids to act like you don't see the peeing weenie so you don't trigger her.

The dogs will bark and let me know someone is out there for hours. But they'd likely never bark if I really needed them to.
One time the TV went a little fuzzy and I new immediately what was going on. I ran out and caught the youngest dog trying to rip the stupid TV cable out of the ground. She actually had a good start on it maybe 4 to 5 feet was ripped out.
One dog we had a long ways back chewed all the trailer plugs off my vehicles and started in on the wiring harness underneath my work truck.

Dogs will dig holes in the best patches of grass you have in the hot summer to get cool. I've filled in holes time and time again and leveled them out only to find the dogs buried up to their eye balls the next day. I finally said ok you guys win but no more holes, you can have this one only. Do they listen? Nope!

Out front the cats are quite funny but not without issue. They will eat table scraps like its going out of style.
You can't get out the door without 6 wanting to rush in until they have been fed.
Then they love to climb on the vehicles and you'd be surprised at how much paint they scratch off the hoods in 4 or 5 years. And always leave sliding front prints on the windshields.
They hunt my squirrels which is cause to get rid of them. I'd take the squirrels 10 to 1 over the cats but they do get a rat now and then and keep it from making its way into the house so I hang on to them a little longer.

Inside cats will eventually tear a hole in the corner of your brand new sofa so out you go kitty. I didn't like your litter box anyhow.

Oh not to mention the cost of the food.

edit on 18-11-2019 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I don't think one is better than the other. They are two different animals and both have their good points and bad points.

I currently only have cats because they are not so high-maintenance as dogs. I don't have to take them for walks or outdoors to pee & poop. My experience with cats is that they are very loving creatures- eager to interact with me, loving to be petted, to be played with and loving to knead me with their paws and sleep on my lap. I had one that would follow me around the house and yard - she was always interested in what I was doing. I have had a cat become alarmed and meow-y when I was crying. She was definitely concerned about my feelings. Mostly cats are nice and quiet, also. And I think the cat is the most beautiful creature on Earth. I love to look at them. For thousands of years cats served humans by keeping down rat populations, which carry diseases deadly to humans. So I think cats have earned their keep with humans.

I wouldn't mind having a dog also, but right now my house is too crowded with people and pets (including one dog that belongs to someone else who lives in my house) to add another animal.

Sal

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

My Savannah/African Serval mix, is a damn great cat.
If you want dog like behaviour in a feline, get a F1-F3 Savannah
And they're huge.
This is when he was 4 months. He’s almost doubled in size, as he’s just over 5 months now.

edit on 18-11-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I’m a cat person, they look after themselves and are usually very easy pets.
Dogs are the needy girlfriends of the pet world, always looking for attention...

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I also like my doves and squirrels.

Heck yeah....
Squirrel dumplings.
Yummy.
Doves and quail....

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Used to be a good old dog person all my life.
Till I adopted my first feral cat.
What was a tiny , orange bat without wings turned into a big old Main Coon .
And cats generally live longer than dogs.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

My cat loves his leash. He's a rescued barn cat and he's really great.

He sits for treats; he kills mice in the basement; he likes the water; he alerts us when our sons blood-sugar is high at night, even before our expensive continuous glucose monitor; he's very affectionate, but does hide from strangers. He's incredibly cuddly, but not in a smothering way, plus he's really fun and loves to play.

We have dogs as well, and they're amazing. I think which is better, cats or dogs, isnt really a debate. It's not really solvable as it depends solely on the human interacting with the pet.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

1, place goes for dogs,

2, place for bears

3, place for mustelids, they almost tied in with reptiles.

Cats have no place at all,

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Guess it depends on what kind of person you are.

For me... Cats are the best, though not just any cat. All breeds are different from one another in various ways. I'd say not a whole lot different than dogs, except dogs tend to be overly friendly by default. Some cats want to be in your face at all times as well but dogs are just more....

Who's a happy boy...
Who's a happy boy...
Who's a happy boy...
Good boy...
Good booooy.

I enjoy having a certain type 'cat' (more than 2 is too much for me - id never be able to sleep). I like a cat to be cuddly at times and very independent at others. Playful when I feel like it and playful on it's own when it feels like it. I don't want to fight for the keyboard or have everything glued to the surface to prevent breakage. Funny to watch doing the dumbest, silliest things but in it's mind, it's the dance of his people...

Loud barks disturb me when they come out of nowhere, unexpected.

Taking a dog out to walk or pee many times a day isn't my thing. (Though I would certainly do it with a Serval or Savannah)

Small dogs irritate me to no end. Though I do love puppies. After puppy stage, you can have them all.

I will say that the 3 breeds I do love the most of dogs - Lab Husky and Wolf

So really... they're kind of the same for me but I prefer the lower maintenance, fenicky kitty. They're also fickel which always keeps me guessing lol

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

The winner for me is both. I love critters !!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Cats are like some chick you picked up at the Greyhound bus station.

That's pretty close.

Best dog depends on what you need the dog for.
Pugs are fun for laughs.
Border collies are good herders and extremely intelligent.
German Shepherds are smart, agile and loyal.

Cats.... well if you want one that poops on your floor and will bite and scratch you even though unprovoked, any breed will do.
Best bet.... freeze dried.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join