It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is the best pet cat or dog?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The vast majority of dogs are Great.

They have unconditional love for you and are happy to serve . Everyday they seek your approval .

They are eager to be trained to do things like hunting , assisting the disabled ,finding lost kids, finding cadavers, explosives detection and combat .

Loyal dogs will ferociously put theirselves between you and danger from people/wildlife.

They will awatch over your children’s safety and for at least 10,000 years they have been the best burglar alarm mankind has ever had. Especially if they’ll bite !

Your old lady can leave you, you can lose your job, lose your house , go bankrupt and your car can break down all in the same day . But that night when you go to sleep underneath a bridge . He’ll be with you without any qualms and when you wake up he’ll be lying next to you keeping you warm.

Food and shelter are secondary issues to them . What they want more than anything is your love .

Every time you gaze lovingly into your dogs' eyes, its levels of oxytocin — the "attachment hormone" — go up. And so do yours. Oxytocin has long been referred to as "the love hormone" and the "cuddle hormone," because we (and our pets) release it when we hug, touch, or look lovingly into someone's eyes.

Dogs are like your high school sweetheart or a loving caring sturdy reliable husband a wife.

If you love dogs good read

Cats barely know you . Most couldn’t be trained with a cattle prod . In fact out of the third paragraph the only thing they can do is assist disabled people and let’s be honest it’s not for the person it’s for them.

They don’t serve you , you serve them .

You’re just a object in a place out of the elements where they can sleep 12 hours straight . Who feeds them, pets them and cleans up their messes .

If you let them go out they almost always have more homes to go to. The other places have the same attraction to them. The objects at the other houses also provide shelter , feed them and pampers them with love . (I had an ex-wife like that)

Cats are like some chick you picked up at the Greyhound bus station.

By my standards.

The winner is......

DOG!
edit on 17-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm a dog person, but lately I've been inundated with otter videos on youtube.

Those asian otters are adorable, I'd go with that. Bring money.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

You can’t pet those otters on YouTube.

But on the other hand they can’t pee on your carpet either . 🤔

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

They are still super cool dogcats though.

WIth cute little human like fingers.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Live in Montana and buy a sphinx cat.

They have no hair and are predator candy so they have no problem staying loyal to you and close to the house.

But for the record, I prefer dogs as pets but respect cats more.

A dog will sit beside your corpse and starve to death protecting your remains.

A cat will wait 24 hours and then start eating your corpse.

I'm a fan of survival instincts.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Dog person here...

No matter how fudged up your day may have been, nothing puts a smile on your face when you get home and see your best friend wagging his tail excited to see you.

Dogs love you unconditionally.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I like dogs myself
I have a German Shepherd
The cat people are going to be mad at you

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have 6 feral cats out front, and two pitbulls in the house. I like the kitties, but love the dogs.
I also like my doves and squirrels. I have feeders out back

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Dog person here...

No matter how fudged up your day may have been, nothing puts a smile on your face when you get home and see your best friend wagging his tail excited to see you.

Dogs love you unconditionally.

They do because they have the attention span of a hummingbird on crack.

To them, they are excited to see you because it has been 4,000 dog years since you left the house and went to work.

To you (and me as well) it's just nice to see unconditional love from something that doesn't judge us.

We're not dog owners... we're dog users.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I have 6 feral cats out front, and two pitbulls in the house. I like the kitties, but love the dogs.
I also like my doves and squirrels. I have feeders out back

Do feral cats count as pets though?

I have idk how many.... 4-5? that live on the property.

If they look skinny in the spring we feed them... but normally they seem to fare better then we humans do...

We did learn that if you ever name one of them then they will disappear forever.

Some kinda cat magic?

~confuzzled~

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

What a coincidence.

There’s dogcats in that movie I ask you to review “cook county”.

Now you’re gonna have to check it out . 😁

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Lol

But.....

But for the record, I prefer dogs as pets but respect cats more.

How can you do that ?

Cats y don’t respect you.

That was my main point . 😁

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Do feral cats count as pets though?

They do if you forget to close the door at night .

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I despise dogs and the way they are so needy and subservient. Cats and humans have an understanding while dogs have a master and servant relationships. My cats are incredibly affectionate when THEY want to be which is great. They have a mind of their own.

Dogs are like the clingy girlfriend while cats are like that girl you have to work for that is strong and empowered and garners respect. Also, dogs are scavengers while cats are predators.

The winner? CATS by a mile.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

They're both good. I keep a few of each in my shop.

They seem to keep the people I have locked in there occupied.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

How little you know about felines....

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Dogs are awesome. And loyal to a fault. They are great companions and protectors. But so are cats... if you're chosen.

You can adopt a cat from pet smart, or from your local shelter. It may work out, it may not.

Felines choose their companions. Not the other way around. From a kitten to a lion, a feline chooses who they accept.

When accepted, a feline will defend you, protect you, nurture you, and be there for you just like any canine.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

One last note... if you ever find a kitten, cat, any feline on your doorstep that stays after you've cared for it...

You've been picked.

And you'd be wise to honor that occurrence.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

First of all I don’t hate cats or anything. Wife’s always had one . When they deem me worthy and crawl in my lap . I’ll Pedham as long as they stay there and I like to hear the purr just like anybody else. We even had one years ago that purred so loud you to turn the volume up on there the TV if she was in your lap .

Now that you mention it I do remember some instances of cats defending children . ( i’m sure there’s more )

But

Can you walk them on a leash ?

I can only think of one I’ve ever seen .

Now that I think about it .

Why do stores even sell cat collars and leashes ?

For that matter why do people buy them ? 🤔

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Cats are smarter and more protective than you think. There have been cats who saved people from fires, protected children etc.
Many can be trained to do tricks like a dog. They have unconditional love for you. Cats do know you. I've seen dogs that are afraid of cats. LOL

I love dogs, but choose to have cats. Only have one right now though.

We had a cat from here in Rhode Island that roamed around a nursing home. The cat always knew which patient would die next and stayed in the room with them.

My Sister never wanted a cat until her Son brought one home. At first she was pissed, but then fell in love with the little thing and even got a second one. That was many, many years ago. Get to know a cat, you might be pleasantly surprised at their charm and grace, their antics, the love and laughter that they bring. Your dogs might like it too.

Check this out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join