It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't call me a Boomer unless:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: gallop

Like that's a believable story, is if you could clip clop around with half coconuts on your feet, we both know they would end up on your chest with ring of hibiscus flowers around your neck dancing to some Keith urban number.

Stop watching me on my live feed. I'm sure I set it to public. Wait, that should be private... God damn it..

But in any case, you're not looking at the angle right, if you thought they were on my feet. Oo That was not a toe.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Veryolduser
Almost 20 years of making fun of millennials and them being the source of the problem in the American work force and economy= Totally acceptable

Less than a year of a meme that says “ok boomer”= completely unacceptable ageism

Boy you guys can sure dish it out but can’t handle it back maybe if we give you back all the participation trophy’s it will be ok? Even liberals act less like snowflakes than boomers.

Day of the pillow = Soon

20 years of making fun of millennials, they were children 4 years ago.
It’s now they are making fun of themselves

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Almost 20 years of making fun of millennials and them being the source of the problem in the American work force and economy= Totally acceptable

Less than a year of a meme that says “ok boomer”= completely unacceptable ageism

Boy you guys can sure dish it out but can’t handle it back maybe if we give you back all the participation trophy’s it will be ok? Even liberals act less like snowflakes than boomers.

Day of the pillow = Soon

20 years of making fun of millennials, they were children 4 years ago.
It’s now they are making fun of themselves

What? Millennials got into the workforce as early at 1997 i should know it was 2000 for me at 17. The year is 2019 I think your misinformed or I’m not understanding something about your post. You are probably thinking gen z

Millennials are considered people born in 1981 all the way to 1996 meaning the youngest millennials 4 years ago had been 19.

It was us early millennials that ate crap in the recession they say it happened in 2008 but the writing was on the wall well before that 2008 more like 2006. Imagine only having a couple of years working experience with jobs that asked for 5 years experience plus a degree in a time when nobody was hiring.

These boomer parents Mercilessly mocked their own children for not being able to get jobs, called them lazy gave them stupid advice like go business to business with a resume in hand “hit the bricks”. Ps I tried that and all the business turned you away and told you to fill out an application online.real Jobs didn’t start to come back until 2013 I would say. Most of us had to take part time jobs and this is while rent for apartments hit a high because nobody could afford to buy a home and was afraid to get a loan “ you couldn’t get a loan with a part time job anyway”. So a lot of the millennials did what they could paying rent to their parents and still living at home. To make matters worse the media mocked millennials everyday in news with articles and news stories as being lazy, childish overgrown babies in the workplace even before the recession.

This is why millennials don’t like most boomers! Basically boomers ruined the economy, ruined housing, ruined the job market and expected us to somehow fresh out of high school create business with no money, get jobs when they wouldn’t hire us and move out of the house and they mocked us when we couldn’t. They also told us hilarious stories about how they worked right out of high school in some minimum wage part time job and had been able to afford rent and live on their own while paying for college at our age which was usually followed by it wasn’t easy and I never asked my parents for anything. Normally that story worked until grandpa or grandma got tired of their kids lies and spilled the beans on them asking for help over thanksgiving dinner.

The worse part is it’s the people who raised us, the people who taught us and we felt wanted the best for us who set us up to fail. It’s like a their whole boomer generation had Munchausen syndrome by proxy with us as their victims

That’s why I laugh at them being out of the workforce now and they can’t handle the meme “ok boomer”

edit on 17-11-2019 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2019 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Zelun

I don't see it as derogatory when someone uses one of my demographics to argue an issue. I see it as a cop out, and an attempt for someone to discredit me without having to prove a side.

Don't buy into the "generation debate". Every generation has family in other age groups they love and admire. People who don't realize that are just giving into trends set to keep society factioned.

Right vs left
Male vs female
Straight vs gay
Christians vs Muslim
White vs black

The new upcoming method to keep people fighting and distracted
Millennials vs boomers

edit on 511130America/ChicagoSun, 17 Nov 2019 07:51:51 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I don't see it as derogatory when someone uses one of my demographics to argue an issue. I see it as a cop out, and an attempt for someone to discredit me without having to prove a side.

Don't buy into the "generation debate". Every generation has family in other age groups they love and admire. People who don't realize that are just giving into trends set to keep society factioned.

Right vs left
Male vs female
Straight vs gay
Christians vs Muslim
White vs black

The new upcoming method to keep people fighting and distracted
Millennials vs boomers

It’s more than just a distraction it’s actually well deserved criticism.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This "Ok Boomer" meme is really getting to people now. Its has been causing disagreement all over social media. But what's behind the increase of emotion?

Is it anger that following generations are not showing the Boomer class the respect they think they deserve?

Is it a copping mechanism? The Boomers are stating to realize they where not good stewards and instead of facing their mistakes many just want to deny them?

Maybe Boomers are just afraid that they will be the first the rest of us demand to eat when times get tougher.
edit on 17-11-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser

😎👍thanks for the education,
I am now informed but
Shouldn’t they be pre millinnials. 😐

I am not a boomer, sorry

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That's kind of sad. The only value you have as a person is generated by your checkbook?
You know back in time society looked to the generations before for their wisdom and wealth of experience. But I see you got nothing to offer in that regards.

I know a guy, rich guy, $3mil house blah blah. Miserable. Can't let somebody else be in charge - bemoans his workload. Catch phrase for most of his blunders is "If you're so smart, how come you ain't effing rich?" and typically responds to any challenge with laying out cash filled wallet "wanna bet" to imply one can't possibly bet against that kind of ca$h and chills further conversation in the process.

Love of money is the root of all evil? Isn't that the expression? Transcends generations throughout history.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser

That’s why I laugh at them being out of the workforce now and they can’t handle the meme “ok boomer” 

Out of the work force? That's the paragraph your missing. Despite living through the golden age of wealth accumulation many boomers failed to save for retirement; now they need to work longer than past generations; leaving much less room for advancement for younger generations. But at the same time they pretended that they are going to retire at any moment and so coast along doing less and less actual work. Kinda like the rest of us treat a friday before a three day weekend.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
Don't call me a boomer. It demeans your position. Don't call me a boomer unless my position suggests a position which disallows your ability to express your discontent. On that subject I'm all ears. Tell me more about how you've braved uncertainty. How you have struggled. You will find nothing but a sympathetic ear. One that recognizes your struggle, and how you have overcome. Meantime we have manged to turn a profit, despite your individual struggle, so it really seems like your feels are very much immaterial. Bear in mind that your feelings are very important to we, which hold the checkbook, but we need to be focused upon increasing that checkbook balance. Your concerns are well-received. We, the checkbook holders, must respectfully sever our contract with you, and we wish you the best of luck. We will take our chances on younger, prettier staff which may hold closer to our values, being making hot, sweet cash. I wish you good luck in your endeavors.

With all due respect,

Boomer

Ok boomer.

(Can’t believe it’s three pages in and no one has said that)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As a Gen Xer I fell your pain, er wait.

I've never Identified myself as Gen X.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Then you must reject the "okay boomer" insult.

That is what it is.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh at a meme or two about it.

I was just saying I wouldn't take it as an insult if I was a boomer.

I'm a millennial, but I don't fit into that box... So I expect many others don't fit into theirs.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Th real trends seem to be people are waking up to the # show our government(s) are. It you look at successful political movements, many have claimed roots in being anti establishment.

The people who still represent those structures, and or support it are doing what they can to keep people at odds so these types of efforts don't become the new norm.... Is my humble opinion.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
AS a boomer (
) I ended this trend quickly in our house.

My son: Dad? I need a ride to work.

Me: Okay, boomer.

My son: Dad? That's not how it works.

My son: No, really. You're doing it wrong.

Me: Okay, boo- . . .

My son: Stop it! I'll quit saying it.

My son: Please stop!

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
"Ok Boomer" is just a way for my generation to dismiss criticism of their fantastical and delusional worldview.

I've never seen anything so pathetic.

I'm a millennial.
edit on 11 17 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Then your assertion is that one percent of one percent "actually saw combat."
You sad #ing tool.
I'd absolutely love to show you the things I've seen
I'd love to drag your ass back into a bunker while we received indirect fire
I'd love to see your face, treating my friends for massive blood loss, knowing they won't make it.
Save it. Your platitudes are telling and damning. You don't know what the # you're talking about.

My numbers stand true. There is no need to get aggressive, so you are one of the 1%ers OK I get it. By the numbers there has been about 1.4 million in the military each year since 2001. The height of Afghanistan war was 100,000 troops in 2010 and 2011, and even at the highest level that means only 5% of the military went there each of those years.

Of that 5% a small fraction actually ever went out pass the walls of where they were deployed.

It sounds like you were at a FOB so what was your job and what location are you talking about?

I'm not saying any of this as a put down to the military, it is just factual numbers of reality. I'm saying the 1% of 1% is special in a way most American's have no clue about.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
AS a boomer (
) I ended this trend quickly in our house.

My son: Dad? I need a ride to work.

My son: Dad? That's not how it works.

My son: No, really. You're doing it wrong.

My son: Stop it! I'll quit saying it.

My son: Please stop!

My 2 teens have never called me Boomer... They fully understand that life's rights are few and everything they have are manly privileges that dad can giveth or taketh away at will.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Ok boomer your going to have to explain a little more than I pass test people half my age can’t! Please include some details.

All boomers act like they are the guy I talked about but Todd was actually that guy! He was a real boomer the one they all pretend to be.

When we send people to deploy in the middle east they need to do a medical CRC to be able to go, and to pass you need things like a BMI under 35%, no blood pressure issues etc...normal healthy stuff and I have 1/2 my people that are in their 30s with none older than early 40s that can't pass or need extensive waivers that are not normally given, and I say WTF people...

edit on 17-11-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

In his defense he's arguing from his experience, which is limited to say the least.

Most Internet arguments end up this way, it's a sign of t h e times.

In my defense I have close to 30 years of active military experience since 1980 and have been to a few dozen FOBs and bases all over the Middle East and other places, this adds up to years in country, and I was in Afghanistan 4 months ago, and North Africa about 7 months ago as my recent places.

As example: I was stationed at Balad in Iraq flying C-130s in mid 2000s and there was about 36,000 troops/civilians there. Out of that 36,000 very few ever went out pass the front gate. Special combat teams, intelligence, aircrew, convoys and that was an extremely small percentage of that 36,000.

As in my other post I'm not saying the 1% of 1% as a bad thing or derogatory in nature, so don't take it that way.

edit on 17-11-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Fun fact though.

Forums are so 10 years ago. In a way, everyone her is some internet boomer dinosaur. We are just a half step away from being a bbs board.

Lmao, nah forums are still widely used, they provide a much better way for having long discussions with multiple people because it's easy to read through a thread and there's no character limits, well not small limits. Personally I view platforms like Twitter as a highly inefficient and dumb way of having conversations, and is only used that way by people who think they're too cool or trendy to use a forum, or they've just never used a forum and fail to see the advantages.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join