It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't call me a Boomer unless:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Don't call me a boomer. It demeans your position. Don't call me a boomer unless my position suggests a position which disallows your ability to express your discontent. On that subject I'm all ears. Tell me more about how you've braved uncertainty. How you have struggled. You will find nothing but a sympathetic ear. One that recognizes your struggle, and how you have overcome. Meantime we have manged to turn a profit, despite your individual struggle, so it really seems like your feels are very much immaterial. Bear in mind that your feelings are very important to we, which hold the checkbook, but we need to be focused upon increasing that checkbook balance. Your concerns are well-received. We, the checkbook holders, must respectfully sever our contract with you, and we wish you the best of luck. We will take our chances on younger, prettier staff which may hold closer to our values, being making hot, sweet cash. I wish you good luck in your endeavors.

With all due respect,

Boomer
edit on 17-11-2019 by Zelun because: with all due respect

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

Houston, we have a problem. Where is the post?

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Boomers and technology eh?

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   

better?

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I don't see it as derogatory when someone uses one of my demographics to argue an issue. I see it as a cop out, and an attempt for someone to discredit me without having to prove a side.

Don't buy into the "generation debate". Every generation has family in other age groups they love and admire. People who don't realize that are just giving into trends set to keep society factioned.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I'm late for dinner!

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Boomers and technology eh?

He probably got a phone call and lost his AOL dialup connection mid post.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Then you must reject the "okay boomer" insult.

That is what it is.

link   

Yeah, no worries mr boomer.

But before you ride off into the sunset with your little check book... I gotta say that I'm a little strapped for cash atm, any chance you could just spot us $3000?

You know, just to cover the bills.

Millennial
edit on 17-11-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

link   
Fun fact though.

Forums are so 10 years ago. In a way, everyone her is some internet boomer dinosaur. We are just a half step away from being a bbs board.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

these men just want to talk about my long distance service, when the very Republic is at stake!

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Not a chance, you whippersnapper! Then again, if you agree to a 10% apr we might have something to talk about...

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I think you nailed it right here. This long-form forum format might be on the outtro. I'm really happy to be here with you to witness it!

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   

That's kind of sad. The only value you have as a person is generated by your checkbook?
You know back in time society looked to the generations before for their wisdom and wealth of experience. But I see you got nothing to offer in that regards.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
Don't call me a boomer. It demeans your position. Don't call me a boomer unless my position suggests a position which disallows your ability to express your discontent. On that subject I'm all ears. Tell me more about how you've braved uncertainty. How you have struggled. You will find nothing but a sympathetic ear. One that recognizes your struggle, and how you have overcome. Meantime we have manged to turn a profit, despite your individual struggle, so it really seems like your feels are very much immaterial. Bear in mind that your feelings are very important to we, which hold the checkbook, but we need to be focused upon increasing that checkbook balance. Your concerns are well-received. We, the checkbook holders, must respectfully sever our contract with you, and we wish you the best of luck. We will take our chances on younger, prettier staff which may hold closer to our values, being making hot, sweet cash. I wish you good luck in your endeavors.

With all due respect,

Boomer

If the current dollar represented what it was worth during your youth... I wouldn't say a thing.

You boomers, through negligence, forget to account for inflation.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
You still use a checkbook?

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Almost 20 years of making fun of millennials and them being the source of the problem in the American work force and economy= Totally acceptable

Less than a year of a meme that says “ok boomer”= completely unacceptable ageism

Boy you guys can sure dish it out but can’t handle it back maybe if we give you back all the participation trophy’s it will be ok? Even liberals act less like snowflakes than boomers.

Day of the pillow = Soon
edit on 17-11-2019 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Veryolduser
Almost 20 years of making fun of millennials and them being the source of the problem in the American work force and economy= Totally acceptable

Less than a year of a meme that say “ok boomer”= completely unacceptable ageism

Boy you guys can sure dish it out but can’t handle it back maybe if we give you back all the participation trophy’s it will be ok?

What? I mean, your post means... nothing.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
this is such a specific post i can't help but feel it's a response to one person and something they said so like maybe you should consider either giving those of us outside your skull some context, or responding in an email to said person.
Or better yet, letting go of the weird and self-contradictory hyperbole about the name that has referred to your generation for literal decades without issue, and finding some better way to occupy the little time you have left on this earth.
ok boomer

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
But but but...

You had it so much easier in your 20s... Its like you # money back then...

Your social programs were so much better, that Goverment cheese was the sh!t!

You could get a skilled job with no college needed, today I need to spend 80k on a degree to work at McD

It's so hard today, you didn't have to deal with social media..

You didn't have to pay 1000 bucks for an IPhone 11... BAM!

BTW battery life sucks... BAM! number two

Your expenses were less... you didn't need to pay 150 bucks for your phone bill, you didn't have Star Bucks or Dutch Brothers...come on that's cost money bro... Your 501 jeans and Converse were nothing compared to my required Nike and cut jeans.. OK gas in the late 70s was like 10 bucks gallon today, but but... you drove a #ty car and I can't.

Your old couch, bed, small table and everything else made out of plywood and cinder blocks is not doable today...

Computer games... BAM! three, its a right not a privilege...

BTW you had only 3 rights back then and I have 20, AND they cost money like 25 bucks an hour cost...

Think I'll kill myself now...

edit on 17-11-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join