It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Movies from an Elitist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

So I watched Triangle this weekend with my husband and teenage daughter. My teenage daughter kept saying "Mom, we've seen this...." I thought for sure I hadn't seen it. Then she started spilling out some of the plot line(s). We all watched it again anyway and....sure enough...she was right. To be fair, I didn't remember the movie at all so it was like I was seeing it again for the first time.

Not a bad movie although it was one of those that has you thinking about all the ways the plot made no sense for days afterwards.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

If you haven't seen them the I would go with

Train to Busan (zombie film)
The Wailing (slower atmospheric film with a lot going on)

Both of these are Korean films so subtitles needed unless you have a person that can speak the language.

A Dark Song (slower atmospheric occult film).
This is a solid Irish film that came out in the past few years.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Asian cinema, specifically Japanese and South Korean stuff, and I cannot believe no-one mention this Japanese move gem:

Cure (1997)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

If you haven't seen them the I would go with

Train to Busan (zombie film)
The Wailing (slower atmospheric film with a lot going on)

Both of these are Korean films so subtitles needed unless you have a person that can speak the language.

A Dark Song (slower atmospheric occult film).
This is a solid Irish film that came out in the past few years.

I didn't get the chance to mention this earlier because I've been swamped with work (no pun intended...ha ha), but we DID watch Train to Busan this weekend as well. I mentioned above that my daughter had major deja vu about Triangle. I got major deja vu while watching Train to Busan. I'm pretty sure I had seen it before but thoroughly enjoyed watching it all over again....
You were right, it's a great movie!

Haven't seen the other one you mentioned....I will try to look that up this weekend.
edit on 21-11-2019 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Oooo....that looks really intriguing! We love watching Asian cinema. I will definitely watch that one this weekend too....

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Although only a drama shown on Sky Living, i found "The Enfield Haunting" a good horror experience without all the Hollywood trimmings, and in the main is factual to events, which adds to the appeal.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62

I hadn't really followed the Enfield Haunting in my work previously. I really enjoyed the YouTube clip you mentioned with interviews of actual people FAR better than any Hollywood BS about it. Didn't know they had created a new television series about it either....

Thank you for sharing!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
a reply to: Astronomer62

I hadn't really followed the Enfield Haunting in my work previously. I really enjoyed the YouTube clip you mentioned with interviews of actual people FAR better than any Hollywood BS about it. Didn't know they had created a new television series about it either....

Thank you for sharing!

Hi CIAGypsy,
I think you can get a dvd if you use a search engine, it is real to events mostly, i know as i was there in 1977 as a junior investigator when i was 21, read more on link below :-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   

The Devils Rejects

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I liked this movie, it's been years though since I watched any horror movies, so who knows you might think it's lame.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

My husband LOVES Rob Zombie movies.... well, mostly. Some (like Lords of Salem) are really lame. He really wants to see 3 From Hell. We just haven't had time to watch it yet.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This movie was ok....I saw it when it first came out.
I would have given it a B-

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Zombie is the shlt!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Just watched Jeepers Creepers 3.

Terrible film. Very disappointing as the first two were excellent horror movies.

I don't know what went wrong. Same director, same guy playing the Creeper, Gina Philips made an appearance. It felt more like a spoof.

Not only the worst of the franchise by a country mile but one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Read the comments on Rotten Tomatoes to get an accurate idea.

Don't waste your time with this one.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Jacob's Ladder.

Nothing else comes close...

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978
Jacob's Ladder.

The new one or the original one? I saw the original one when I was a kid and loved it. Very creepy....

I haven't seen the new one yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I liked the original Jeepers Creepers. I would have given it a B rating. Didn't care for the 2nd movie and probably will NOT watch the 3rd after your comments....

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

originally posted by: Ruiner1978
Jacob's Ladder.

The new one or the original one? I saw the original one when I was a kid and loved it. Very creepy....

I haven't seen the new one yet.

Didn't know it had been remade.
Not sure how I feel about that. I'm both excited and interested to see what direction it goes, while at the same time, greatly offended...

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

I haven't seen it, but I did some research on the reviews. It seems it has actually been seen by very few people. Those who watched it were typically fans of the original. As such, it has terrible reviews.... Most people say that they were expecting it to be a modernized version of the original story and it appears to NOT be that....

So keep that in mind if you decide to watch it.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I find the original A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), along with the sequel, Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994) to be really deep movies in ways. A comment on evil and how it's a part of nature and has existed in many forms throughout history. The movies don't really show this much, but it's talked about, especially in the classroom scene where Nancy (Heather Langenkamp) falls asleep while her teacher talks about "something bad operating in nature" and in Wes Craven's New Nightmare, Wes Craven, the director, talks about how Freddy is basically an evil being that has existed in many forms in different times.

Freddy might have been more interesting as a character, though, if he hadn't been a real person who died and came back to life - the evil janitor who killed kids. I would have liked him just fine as some kind of ghoul or specter you're not really sure where it came from. Freddy is kinda like the clown in Stephen King's It, he represents a far darker and far more sinister evil. He also lives in a realm that people and scientists still don't really fully understand today - the world of dreams. The creepiest line in A Nightmare on Elm Street may be when the dream doctor says, "The truth is, we still don't know what dreams are and where they come from."

A Nightmare on Elm Street isn't perfect, but it's a much more complex slasher film. I find it above many other films because it deals with a boogeyman who haunts your subconscious/unconscious world, a mysterious level of existence people don't really understand. I also think there's some deep reason why Freddy Krueger became such a huge figure in horror - he's practically the Dracula of the late 20th century. I think the films spoke to many people on a subconscious level.
edit on 12212019 by RepoMan because: correted word

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join