It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Powered Yacht the Aqua

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Here is the proof some doubters will need to believe it is feasibly to run H2 engines for our power train and other applications.
This is really an observation about that 30 year old patent long intentionally ignored of an alternative fuel based actual car that a small school at the time, Middle TN State U. , built many many years ago. That car has repeatedly won awards yet no one builds us one or is willing to do so. Instead we get things like the electric car that needs Carbon based fuels to run as of right now.

www.forbes.com... fcd

Aqua super yacht

When I 1st brought this H2 concept to ATS, the counter argument from the curmudgeon skeptics were based on their lame theory that as the energy release was not worthy in their estimation of the energy needed to balance the equations, it wouldn't work. Well clearly, there were and are such things as borrowed energy either from the sun or an ocean wave. The best part about burning H2 in an O2 environment is we get copious production of H2O, water.

the equation when energy is introduced to combust the H2:
6H2 + 3O = 6H2O

FYI:
6 Hydrogen molecules of H2 and 3 molecules of Oxygen heated/energized results in 6 molecules of water. Water formation is the greatest attraction in the reaction. However, for some of the exchange of atoms at the molecular level especially if the temp is super hot in the combustion, it will send O2 to the Nitrogen N2 molecules and the equation is the same structure as above with 6 O2 and 3 N2 molecules resulting in 6 NO2. NO2 then mixes with H2O to make Nitric Acid (HNO3). The way to keep the acid levels low would be to cool the combustion chambers and that is where I get lost. I am not an Engineer or Physicist. I do recall that the temperature of combustion is conditional for any system but is enough different than a gasoline engine that it requires different valve construction material on the head of the motor.

I suggest this big Yacht is a clue that these concepts are feasible.

edit on 11-11-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

you are exactly correct. The smart one's are violently adamant that this won't work. I suspect they will be along to flog you with math soon.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

you are exactly correct. The smart one's are violently adamant that this won't work. I suspect they will be along to flog you with math soon.

I kinda thought Phage was a white hat till I brought this out and he slammed it, at least back then. With that blah blah blah, better than you attitude I have come to not care for those antics and enjoyed the challenge to do solid research that supported my theory.

The idea would be, what other ideas can we do now? How about all the ocean vessels go H2 with this technique that would not work as well on land?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Where are the design documents? How much to build one? Can we crowd source this? Will it connect to IoT so lefties can program it to make avocado toast with a side of soy?

Seriously, how can we build one?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

I thought you'd never ask.

This was the follow up to the 30 year old car.

Hydrogen powered car built in the last century

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

From the link you have posted:

... power is fueled by liquified hydrogen, stored at extremely low temperatures, in vacuum isolated tanks. The liquified hydrogen is converted into electrical energy by Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) fuel cells, with water being the only by-product.

So no, the yacht is not water powered. LOL

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

it is NOT water powered - its hydrogen powered - it needs hugue liquid hydrogen tanks - that have to be refilled

did you even read your own source ?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

If the scientific principles are sound, and that's an if, i suggest anyone that can afford such a Yacht are the reason that these concepts, feasible or otherwise, will never see the light of day.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
The best part about burning H2 in an O2 environment is we get copious production of H2O, water.
the equation when energy is introduced to combust the H2:
6H2 + 3O = 6H2O

Burning hydrogen is old news. The problem is the source and amount of energy going into the creation of the fuel. Also, the time it takes to create enough Hydrogen to use it as fuel is prohibitive. And on top of that, Hydrogen burns really quickly so you need lots of it for fuel.

I'm not sure hydrogen is the answer.

I think Chinese LFTR technology holds more promise.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Did you actually read the article you linked?
The car they are driving across the country used hydrogen produced by electricity from solar panels at the university.
They didn't mention how long it took to produce enough hydrogen.
They didn't mention compressing the hydrogen to over 3000 psi to make it useful.
They didn't mention the support vehicles following them carrying the external fuel cells.

Good god, building the car is the easy part.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

yeah - this CONCEPT - does not address any of the infrastructure // logistics of hydrogen power marine vessels

where exactly is it going to refuel ???

look a marina services in any coastal area - deisel fuel is almost ubiquitous - now find somwwhere that supplies petrol [ gasoline ]

and these dreamers want liquid hydrogen - ROFLMAO

remember the hindenberg ???????????

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Ya know, I don't even have an issue with the lack of infrastructure.
Those are long term investments that will reap a return over decades.

My problem is the low understanding of the practical application of physics.
Making hydrogen is energy heavy.
Splitting the molecules.
Compressing the gas.
Heating the gas exiting the fuel cell.

You lose energy in those processes.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Did you actually read the article you linked?
The car they are driving across the country used hydrogen produced by electricity from solar panels at the university.
They didn't mention how long it took to produce enough hydrogen.
They didn't mention compressing the hydrogen to over 3000 psi to make it useful.
They didn't mention the support vehicles following them carrying the external fuel cells.

Good god, building the car is the easy part.

The idea that is on the initial patent was H2 on demand no need for compressed tanks. Compressed tanks were needed when NASA held out on the Hydrolysis device the design required to run. Finally NASA allowed them to be available to the public and by then several concepts were created. Necessity is the mother of invention.

I don't mind if you think it is too hard since I already know they have been driving the various designs for years. I wanted to share this concept since we have the Yacht using a new design on the same good idea. If you dare read on you can find out even more useful information.

Hydrogen Powered equipment.
www.businesswire.com...

www.dnj.com...

Simply put water is not the only source of all the Hydrogen for several of the working models and ideas are blossoming.

Do we continue to try to get off of oil or not?

Then, We crack water into H2 and O2 using any means we can develop and do it on demand..

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yeah, did that in science class in high school.

Hydrogen is sticky. It likes to stick to other molecules.
There are several methods of separating the molecules and all of them require more energy to split the molecule than you get from burning the hydrogen.

These cars require hydrogen fuel cells that are at extremely high pressure, 3000+ psi.
The cars are not making the hydrogen as they drive.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

There are several methods of separating the molecules and all of them require more energy to split the molecule than you get from burning the hydrogen.

These cars require hydrogen fuel cells that are at extremely high pressure, 3000+ psi.

H2 on demand will work and other designs are certainly valid to explore. We need to quit accepting the BS about man made global warming and focus on things like H2 for power and ways to obtain it with outside energy sources such as Solar panels. These people wanting to tax oil are holding back ideas like Thorium reactors and H2 powered cars.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I agree that we should be exploring new ideas and technology but physics doesn't give a damn about politics.
There is a reason thorium hasn't been used commercially yet.
There is also a reason hydrogen hasn't either.

Many of the technologies we use today are at the end of their possible development.
Solar panels will not get much more efficient.
Batteries are the same way.
Computer chips are about as small as can be made.

Physics limits their potential.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes, there is a reason. Control is that reason. New ideas are always popping up and somebody decides which ones we will be 'allowed' to use IMO.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Lets just put an outboard engine on the back of that boat and go fishin!

(post by Masterjaden removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

H2 on demand will work and other designs are certainly valid to explore. We need to quit accepting the BS about man made global warming and focus on things like H2 for power and ways to obtain it with outside energy sources such as Solar panels. These people wanting to tax oil are holding back ideas like Thorium reactors and H2 powered cars.

Electrolysis of water is about 70% efficient. The fuel cells only combust about 90% of the hydrogen further reducing efficiency. If you are using solar electricity to generate hydrogen to burn, why waste all that energy? Charge batteries directly and skip the problems of hydrogen generation, handling, and storage.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join