It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Hotel in Development. Set for 2025 completion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

Here's an update to a thread I did about a year and a half ago about the DEEP SPACE GATEWAY project. www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the original thread I wrote on the Gateway space-station being planned for use as a new Space Station in orbit around the Moon where astronauts would live year-round, and it would also serve as a hub for deep space ventures. However, now I just read this article where it seems the new goal by a group called the Gateway Foundation is to make a Space hotel for scientists and everyday people to visit. The other name for this Spaceport is the Von Braun Rotating Space Station and it has an ambitious completion date of 2025.

The private company developing this radical "space hotel," the Gateway Foundation, has set a 2025 date for "the first spaceport," otherwise known as the Von Braun Rotating Space Station. The "space hotel" will hold scientists who will be conducting research on the interstellar vessel and tourists interested in an outerspace vacation.

According to the Gateway Foundation's website, "the Von Braun Station will be a rotating space station designed to produce varying levels of artificial gravity by increasing or decreasing the rate of rotation. The station will be designed from the start to accommodate both national space agencies conducting low gravity research and space tourists who want to experience life on a large space station with the comfort of low gravity and the feel of a nice hotel."

So, there you have it. A new Space station in orbit and the aim is to have it accessible to everyday people. Would you go? I know I would. What says ATS?

www.wdrb.com...
edit on 9-11-2019 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
One of my life long dreams is to be on the moon/ in space.

I hope the competitive nature of buisness let's this become an affordable reality.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Might be easier to move out of the way of incoming impact debris.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

I hope the competitive nature of business let's this become an affordable reality.

I agree.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Damn I would love that, LOL even though I'm getting a little old LOL maybe they could hire me as a janitor or room service LOL

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Now that would be simply amazing.
Waking up to the sun rise across the lunar surface.
Outstanding

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I can't see it happening.

In micro-gravity, one person who gets motion sickness can cause one hell of a nightmare scenario for all of the other passengers.

Humans need intense training on many issues and I cannot see the average person being able to safely cope with the experience.

P

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Yeah, I won't hold my breath.

I remember getting all excited about how Richard Branson was on the verge of sending space tourists into low level orbit. But over 10 years later and no ones been able to achieve even that.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

I hope the competitive nature of buisness let's this become an affordable reality.

I doubt if I will ever go like so many others, now if they would start a service of sprinkling ashes on the moon then maybe I could then go. Think of the bragging rights.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It would put an end to all the flat earth BS.

posted on Nov, 10 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Although I like the idea,
I think 5 years is way too short a time to have this completed.

A lot of these space project ideas seem to be good at getting people to invest,only to have the projects not happen-or be pushed back further and further.

join