It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hungry Jacks - Burger king to you - Rebel burger

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Who has had one of these? I have.. today.

Want an honest meat eaters opinion? If you gave it to someone and just said "Here's a burger" they'd eat it and never know.

If you gave it to someone and said "Here's a vegetarian burger, have at it!" they'd do as I did, and rip it apart, realise that the actual taste of a burger is the sauces, the pickles (sucked in if you dont like pickles ha!!), the cheese and .. well everything that makes the burger.

You see, the pattie itself was.. at best.. a look alike. It was not seeping weeping flavours. it was not flamboyant with it's succulence.. It was simply, just there. it had texture, that is all. I ripped part of it out and fobbed it into my orifice, and no sooner than I had, I was eating flavourless cardboard.

but it held the burger together as it should. So.. can I condemn it?

Hmm, I've eaten a lot of vegetarian food, some of it is immaculately delicious. And I mean, I want to know how to make it. Meat is not the only flavour worthy of a dinner. But there have been times when a dry mouth full of organic weeds and sawdust just does not cut it.

In the burger, without consideration, these things are good to go. And it only cost $7 which is a heap cheaper than the regular deal of 9-10$ for a meaty heart attack.

But, now I can honestly say I've tasted what the offerings are, and can honestly say - if you gave someone a burger for free and said "Happy eating!" they'd never know the difference. It's not the pattie that makes the burger these days.. it's the bun soaked in the sauce, the pickles, the tomato, the lettuce, the onion falling to and fro, and the fact you've just gone to HJ's for food...

The average bloke going "nah..." will never find it close.

side note, I'm just glad I also got a double threatening artery clogger - The Ultimate Double Whopper...

God I'm so fat

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

I tried the BK whatever ("Incredible Burger," I think they call it) when they were having a taste test promo for US$7. It might have just been on UberEats but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I got the fake and the original meaty burger. I had my wife unwrap and put each on a plate.

It was immediately obvious which was which. However, I am a meat lover and have a pretty refined palate. It wasn't "bad," just not a burger to me. Based on taste alone, I'd eat it if I had to but would opt for a real-meat burger if I could every time.

My wife couldn't (or wouldn't) see any difference.

One (important) note.... We both had rather bad stomach cramps that night and some intestinal "issues." The only thing we both had (aside from the fries) was that fake burger.

So, if you need to give up meat or something equally sacrilegious, it'd probably be do-able with this whatever it is.

I'm assuming also that your body would eventually stop shooting liquefied feces out at super-sonic speed once your system got used to it.

If not, that'd be a deal-breaker for me. My wife agrees on that point. Not fun.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Eating veggie burgers from these places still means you're giving money to them. Giving money to companies that treat animals like sh!tt and advertise their poison to children.
edit on 8-11-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Glad to see ya'll fall for unhealthy fast food marketing. Lol!

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Not sure what you're talking about.

I know fat is less healthy in large amounts when compared to vegetables.

I am still allowed to chose what I like, right? Or has that changed with AOC? #MEatToo?

Fast food marketing has nothing to do with my choices. In fact I cook most of my own food and this experiment with BK was, I think, the first time I've been there since high school. And, by the way, I didn't really like the real burger they provided, either. It was just - to me - better.

The only other fast food place I visited in the past year or so is a late night run to White Castle a while back.

Their marketing must really suck balls... Or, maybe, you've fallen prey to some "marketing," from other sources?

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The Whopper has been my fav forever. Tried the fake and it. was. awful. Had to spit it out and brush my teeth.

I've eaten veggie burgers all my life and really like the "idea" of going meatless. This was a huge miss. No flavor and icky texture and grey color. No amount of fixins are gonna help that "thing."

And, at $7 it's twice the cost of their regular burger. Just no. Big miss. Yuk.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I never understood why people want fake meat. Vegetables are good and delicious, just don't call them burgers.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Exactly!!

If you like grilled vegetables (I do), then grill some vegetables. If you like to grill vegetables and put them on a sammich, then grill veggies and put them on a sammich. It's really not all that hard to figure out. If you want to put veggies on a sammich and call it a "burger", well, I guess that's your prerogative...at home. BUT, if you want everyone ELSE on planet Earth to put only veggies on a bun and call it a "burger" this is where I have a problem!

There's nothing wrong with vegetables, I love them! I just don't need my vegetables looking like meat, I don't need someone telling me they taste like meat and I have an issue with them being passed off as meat.

Here's the thing, I remember back when I was a kid in Jr High School. They had school lunches back then (you had to pay though). One of my favorite lunches was the cheeseburger lunch with fries. Then, there was a big scandal over school lunches nation wide. Many schools were allegedly using burgers made of soy products instead of meat. **GASP!!**

Veggie burgers are nothing new, they've been making them for decades. Hell, they had them in the late 70's and early 80's. The BK burgers of today are just another evolution of the same damn thing...but now it's "New!" OOOOooooooohhhhh!! (extreme sarcasm).

Oh, and you know what? I don't like ceramic tile which looks like wood! I don't like vinyl floor covering which looks like wood either. I don't like formica counter tops which look like tile, or wood. In fact, I don't like much of anything which looks like something else, so why would I like food that looks like something else????

And another thing...when you put your kid on one of those retractable leashes at the airport, your kid looks like a dog! If you want a dog that bad...get a frigging dog! If you want to put your kid on a leash, then he better be able to sit, stay, high-five and rollover for doggie treats. Else, learn how to be a parent! (not look like one). But I digress.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I never understood why people want fake meat. Vegetables are good and delicious, just don't call them burgers.

Because really, they’d rather be eating meat.
But it’s 2019, gotta be yoke!

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Bit of chilli sauce and shazam, perfect
My palate has eaten far worse food than a veggie burger, sinewy, stringy over cooked, undercooked Old and young animals cooked on plates, microwaves and cooked in a car engine (took about 4 hours)

Buying a bread roll with a bit of salad in it, it’s not gourmet, not supposed to be
“gotta be yoke” gotta be a pretentious snob?

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Man if I get supersonic poop shoots I'm gonna be impressed. I .. no.

lol, I've ruined my stomach biome.. sad as it is..

I just wanted to be able to say I've tried these things.. now I have, both just the pattie and the burger.

And to be honest, I don't think anyone would know. they'd just say "That was a really crap burger.. but, no different to the last one."

I cannot bag these things. they work like it says on the box.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Cheers!! Next on my list is unsalted saccharine water.

you want a sip?

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

That's my idea too.. But it's been there for so long now, I had to try it.. they even parade it as a "Plant only" burger, next to the "vegetarian burger" menu..

idk, had to be done.. my verdict stands. it's a bland rubbish piece of faff, that when combined with a burger and all the things, works..

Even have Scottish sausage? This would be thrown away if it were it.

sand really, I wanted it to be better.. all they've done is hold up a burger with rubbish.. est quod est & cest le vie.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

Not really, some people, myself included, would like new things to be worth the effort.

I dont think meat is the 100% it is.. I am not parading around denying others, but I do eat vegetarian, simply because some of it is damn tasty.

not gonna eat bug.. but some of us, like difference. and some of us kinow when an alternative is #e.. Oo

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I don't like ceramic tile which looks like wood! I don't like vinyl floor covering which looks like wood either. I don't like formica counter tops which look like tile, or wood

I don't like Americans wearing what looks like "Drizabones"

Only kidding.....

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Bit of chilli sauce and shazam, perfect
My palate has eaten far worse food than a veggie burger, sinewy, stringy over cooked, undercooked Old and young animals cooked on plates, microwaves and cooked in a car engine (took about 4 hours)

Buying a bread roll with a bit of salad in it, it’s not gourmet, not supposed to be
“gotta be yoke” gotta be a pretentious snob?

Haha You are my kin.

I have more than once gone to subway and just ordered a salad sub..

Dont be offended by things, there are a lot of yobbos who don't get it.. we can't dismiss them, instead ... nah they're wankers..

Take a bite and smile.

think of Samantha Armytage.. she always makes my mouth water.... fat chicks CAN ride...

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Till I heard him talk I was gonna say, Drizabone is Aussie.

Like Akubra, except I cant wear my hat, people think I'm from the bush and ask me awkward questions.

Oi Oi Oi !!

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Not really, some people, myself included, would like new things to be worth the effort.

I dont think meat is the 100% it is.. I am not parading around denying others, but I do eat vegetarian, simply because some of it is damn tasty.

not gonna eat bug.. but some of us, like difference. and some of us kinow when an alternative is #e.. Oo

I love variation.
I eat everything.

Bug, brain, eyeball, olive, liver, lettuce, etc.
I literally eat everything.
Blueberries are my favorite comfort snack.
Everything is unique, but without meat and fat I would physically deteriorate and die.
I would be a mere shell of myself.
My metabolism runs to fast to survive off plant fats, and my digestive tract copes the best with meat and fat.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

You didn’t catch my analogy.
It’s the same as lesbians using marital aids.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Lesbians use martial arts????

Kung-fu queens with biker wallets????

Cool!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join