It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls for 'war'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
And so it may begin?

I've wondered why we hadn't done anything about this sooner. It's taken a HORRIBLE murder of a family to finally force our hand. The Mexican government hasn't done a thing to take care of their cartel issues. Perhaps they're just as corrupt? I detest war but I am 100% behind this action, should it take place. I've been waiting for a long time for this.

Trump calls for 'war' against Mexican drug cartel 'monsters' after Americans murdered

President Trump on Tuesday offered U.S. assistance as he called on Mexico to “wage war” against the country's murderous drug cartel “monsters” in response to the brutal killing of multiple Americans a day earlier.

“If Mexico needs or requests help in cleaning out these monsters, the United States stands ready, willing & able to get involved and do the job quickly and effectively,” Trump tweeted. “The great new President of Mexico has made this a big issue, but the cartels have become so large and powerful that you sometimes need an army to defeat an army!”

This comes after a Horrible Attack on an american convoy attending a wedding.

At least six children and three women living in a faith-based community of U.S. citizens in Mexico were shot to death Monday in the northern part of the country, and six more children were wounded after their convoy came under fire during a brazen daylight ambush believed to have been carried out by gunmen affiliated with the cartels.

Alfonso Durazo, Mexico's top security official, confirmed the six deaths, adding that six more children were wounded in the attack, with five transferred to hospitals in Phoenix, Ariz.

He had indicated that one child was still missing, although relatives later appeared to indicate that the girl, Mckenzie Langford, age 9, who had been grazed in the arm by a bullet and had gone for help only to get lost in the dark, was eventually found.

It astonishes me that we have to wait so long, cut through so much red tape to do what's actually right in this country. We can go to war at the drop of a hat but we can't take down known cartels who murder, kill and infest this country with their drugs and gangs!

edit on 5-11-2019 by StallionDuck because: fixed link

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

It's because, like ISIS, we helped fund these cartels for years under previous administrations. It will bring down a LOT of corruption if the US goes in under Trump....but it would likely be reported as Trump the racist attacks Mexico....

+37 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I say the first volley in this war should be federally legalizing weed.

Hit the cartel where it hurts, in the pockets, and stimulate the domestic economy while increasing tax revenue.

Win, win, win.

Also, it wouldn't hurt his 2020 bid, he'd easily take a good section of the younger votes he's missing.
edit on 5-11-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Good, destroy the useless mother#ers.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm all for bunker busting known drug havens. Bomb a couple of them. Bet the industry footprint declines 90% in a few weeks. We know where this stuff is being manufactured and have the ability to hit it within 3 meters.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Realistically, prohibition will never work.

We need to open our eyes and legalize (and control) drug use, sales and distribution.

We REALLY don't need a "real" War on Drugs. The 80's theoretical/philosophical version was bad enough.

edit on 5/11/19 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Hit the cartel where it hurts, in the pockets, and stimulate the domestic economy while increasing tax revenue.

Win, win, win.

Also, it wouldn't hurt is 2020 bid, he'd easily take a good section of the younger votes he's missing.

Weed to a cartel seems to me like a cheap toy to a child. They're also pushing much harder drugs like heroine and coc aine across our borders and making much more money from it, or so I would think. Can't legalize those, and I don't think legalizing weed is the answer either. Make the law more flexible regarding weed and stop there. It's another can of worms we don't need to open.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No you shouldn't.Legalizing weed makes things much worse. You would see a rapid of junkies on the streets without the police arresting them for doing so. Burn the weed fields.

Medical Marijuana hasnt helped my family member with her condition.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You're not kidding. The cartels give a whole new meaning to the term "too big to fail".

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Win, win, win.

Also, it wouldn't hurt is 2020 bid, he'd easily take a good section of the younger votes he's missing.

Weed to a cartel seems to me like a cheap toy to a child. They're also pushing much harder drugs like heroine and coc aine across our borders and making much more money from it, or so I would think. Can't legalize those, and I don't think legalizing weed is the answer either. Make the law more flexible regarding weed and stop there. It's another can of worms we don't need to open.

But my proposition only has gains... No, it does not fix the problem, but it helps us and hurts the cartels. Plus, I have a secret for everyone, the legality of weed doesn't really have a correlation with how many people smoke it... Plenty still smoke it, they just don't pay taxes on it... The only link they've found with drug use is that hard drug use goes down in areas where it's legal/decriminalized.

Or, we could "declare war" on the cartels... Because that works out for us so well in the past few decades. Our wars cost money, my plan makes money.

Btw, we've had a war for ages... I hate to break it to everyone, but it's not winning.

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

No you shouldn't.Legalizing weed makes things much worse. You would see a rapid of junkies on the streets

Lol, weed junkies.

Good one.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Take down one cartel and ten more will take there place, who are more violent and use far more brutal tactics to assert their power, than the original.

There's just to much money involved in the US illegal drug trade to ever be able to shut it down by force.

The only way anyone could ever gain control of this situation, is if the US federal government decided to legalize and regulate the drug trade.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Win, win, win.

Do you really think the guy puking and dopesick isn't gonna find his fix? He does. Every day. Is locking him up the solution? Is marginalizing him?

Who'd you rather he get that fix from? El Chapo, the Chinese or the local dispensary (controlled, TAXED! and monitored for quality and safety by the proper authorities)?

Do you realize that if we simply taxed her*in and c*caine, we could maybe institute some of those "living wage," pie in the sky things liberals want. Free whatever!! I know a bunch of you guys would love that.

And junkie-guy is gonna pay someone for his junk. Better it's safe (for him) and taxed (for the rest of us).

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I needs to be done.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Win, win, win.

Was thinking the same, but to really hit them in the pocketbook, you would have to at least decriminalise all of it, if not full legalisation. I know..bold, and not ready for that yet. Still, it would be the most effective way.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

No you shouldn't.Legalizing weed makes things much worse. You would see a rapid of junkies on the streets

Lol, weed junkies.

Good one.

reefer madness.......its the '30s all over again.....

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's very telling that the Mexican President doesn't want to bother going against these cartels. They rather give them hugs... apparently. Trump is practically begging this guy. All he has to do is say the word. We'll go in, no questions asked. They wont even have to take care of it themselves.

It was met with a firm NO

President Andrés Manuel López Obrador refused that approach, saying at a Tuesday news conference, "The worst thing you can have is war."

"We declared war, and it didn't work," Lopez Obrador said, referring to the policies of previous administrations. "That is not an option."

WTF! This guy has to be on the take or he's scared $#!%less for his own life. That's really fricken sad. Children were burned alive and they don't care.

'Hugs not Bullets'.... Is that seriously their answer?

If they don't agree on our help or do something themselves, we should step in and take care of it ourselves. When we're done, we can force a government change while at the same time, find out who's responsible for assisting with this madness on our side and hang every single one for treason against the USofA.

I as well feel that there would be a lot of CIA - FBI - and Political leaders hanging high.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
bomb them and blame meteors

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Lol, weed junkies.

Good one.

reefer madness.......its the '30s all over again.....

If I did ever have kids, I'd way rather them pick up a smoking habit than a drinking one. One's far more healthier.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
you are right about the "youth" vote
it would be taken away in an instant with legalization

dnc heads would explode
they would lose campuses nation wide

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join