It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Christians Choose To Ignore The Bible ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

No, he's right.

A homosexual is someone who has same-sex attraction the way most of us have opposite sex attraction. Homosexuality is the act itself, sleeping with a person of the same sex.

Sin is the act. Even for a heterosexual, sleeping with someone of the same sex is a sin if it's done out of wedlock. Spiritually, the act of marriage is two people becoming one. You might spiritually say then that sex between married partners is sex between two souls joined into one in the eyes of God.

But it's made Biblically clear, both by God in the Old Testament, and later on by Christ in the New Testament that marriage is only recognized by God between one man and one woman.

This is why homosexual sex is a sin and so is heterosexual sex outside of wedlock. Outside of certain, narrow circumstances Christ also defined, sex for those who divorced in the eyes of the law are also not divorced in God's eyes and are thus committing adultery even when remarried to new partners, too.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Modern society?!?

Sex is THE major component for ALL life that doesn’t use asexual reproduction..

Life has to find food (energy) and reproduce.. that’s it.

You cannot remove or set aside sexuality when it is literally a fundamental part of us..

You can trace every human emotion back to pair binding and child rearing..

I think it is quite the opposite. I think we pretend we are SOOOO civilized that we can totally ignore our baser instincts. That doesn’t mean we have to give into them, but they are there.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

The topic was if there was an objective line between accepting and promoting..

I say there is not, because both words are subjective.

Can’t have an objective line to cross with subjective labels.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Sin is a sickness yes, whatever that sin is

But there are so many who don’t identify sin like you and me
God gave them freewill, then asked His church to love them sinners to show them Christ’s love

That’s what my years of understanding theology has lead me to believe
Love people like Jesus loved them, sinners we all are

That is the best I have Ket

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Modern society?!?

Sex is THE major component for ALL life that doesn’t use asexual reproduction..

Life has to find food (energy) and reproduce.. that’s it.

You cannot remove or set aside sexuality when it is literally a fundamental part of us..

You can trace every human emotion back to pair binding and child rearing..

I think it is quite the opposite. I think we pretend we are SOOOO civilized that we can totally ignore our baser instincts. That doesn’t mean we have to give into them, but they are there.

In your opinion JJ, but I will have to disagree

Though in some cases or maybe most cases, it’s hard to argue with what you have said

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

You can trace it back to pair binding and child rearing, but most of what goes on today is centered on the act of sex itself.

Birth control - How is that centered on pair binding and child rearing? It isn't. It's centered solely on sex no matter the excuses made about family planning.

Safe sex - All about having sex without having to pair bind and child rear.

Abortion - Oops! Your safe sex failed. Well this lets you escape having to pair bind and child rear.

Homosexuality - A form of sex that is free of child rearing even if there may be some pair binding involved although statistics show that homosexual communities and even homosexual unions are fair less pair bound than traditional marriages and families.

Promsicuity is endorsed at every turn -- all about sex. No fault divorce is fully supported and endorsed which undermines the idea of pair binding and certainly child rearing which is best done with a stable pair.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Because I m a grown up individual who don't need someone else book, written thousands years ago, to behave. Religion is a social tool to keep young society together, to create a moral code before we do so by ourselve. Religion mostly did good thing, now use the love others as yourself and think by yourself.

That's my way though

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Let me ask all Christians commenting here this question ?

Do you honestly believe Jesus Christ would baptize somebody he knew to be a practicing homosexual into the christian faith ?

He would share a meal with them, he would talk with them, he would encourage them, but as he told that woman they were going to kill for adultery ....."now go and sin no more". After he forgave her and basically told the Jews they had no right to stone her to death.
You are deluding yourself if you think Jesus message is to just be yourself and do whatever makes you happy in life, because it isn't. Yes you can always sin and be forgiven, but major sin practiced for decades with the person making no effort to stop, that is very different than the occasional slip up.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I guess you forgot the part where Jesus said we should love thy neighbor as thyself and to judge not lest we be judged? How about the part where he suggests that he without sin should cast the first stone?

Guess maybe you're picking and choosing as well?

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

So a god would create somebody just to have him sin and then reject him, and later gather with the ones doing by the book, while loving everyone... Do you fear hell?

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

What does a "judge" do? .....Pass a sentence, it's not any Christians job to "pass judgement" that's God's job.
All we do is state the the moral standard as stated in the bible. This is my issue, so many Christians have given up on that moral standard, even though they believe, and we are descending down a very slippery slope of a line of morality that keeps moving as to what is acceptable and ok.

What's next..... I was reading some time back that this animal rights group was against bestiality not because it violated God's law, but it was an ethical violation against the animal itself.

Look at this
News Article
This is where stupidity is leading us.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Now I'm not defending homosexuality when I say this so don't take this as such but I'm also not condemning your statement. Everyone's truth is their own. I personally am not threatened by another's life style. I get angry when it's imposed on children because that child isn't being given the freedom to grow up and be their own person. Im uncomfortable seeing today's times where parents are forcing it on their kids. I find it highly unlikely that anyone under puberty knows what they are into and will be for life. In a prior post someone brought up a transitioning child. The issue today is pumping that child with hormones today takes away their ability to change their mind later because they'll grow up without the correct body chemistry to be what they were born as. You can rewind it. Let them be.

Now on the opening quote I'd say I've always read that to mean believing in Jesus. If you come to judgment and were not a believer in Jesus then when he judges you the answer would be "I don't know you I can't vouch for you" no different than a stranger asking you to be a job reference. Your answer to them would be umm no your not using my name and making me look bad.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

And just how is your biblical quote relevant to a rainbow flag in front of a church?

" ... we not prophese in your name" sound like Jesus admonishing against thinking and speaking as if YOU know God's Will.

Sorry but the pointing finger is trumped by the three fingers pointed back .....

It's human arrogance and ego that claims to know "God's Will".

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
I find it interesting that many Christians ignore the bible, on topics like creation and morality.
I am not talking about the Old Testament either, the scriptures in the New Testament. The bible is not a smorgasbord/buffet that we get to pick and choose only the stuff we personally agree with.

The reason I bring this up is that I recently saw a big rainbow flag planted right in front of a church. This is not the only issue but it sure is the most visible.

From Jesus himself who said....

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day [when I judge them], ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and driven out demons in Your name, and done many miracles in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them publicly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me [you are banished from My presence], you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands].’

Matthew 7: 21-23

It is a warning for all Christians, we ignore the bible at our own peril.

You are absolutely correct, they are bringing the devil into the fold and therefore are NOT Christians at all, remember what Christ said about the hand that offends, the church that forgot it's first love.

To Love Christ is first and foremost, to worship the flesh - i.e. sexuality before God and force the church - body of Christ - to bow down and accept what is NOT correct in God's sight is akin to crucifying the Lord all over again as are child abusing fake priests, it is perversion plain and simple in the sight of God but in our Political correctness age they are brainwashing little boy's to wear dresses and telling them tales of boy's kissing boy's and girl's kissing girl's which if adult's do it I have no problem with them BUT am forbidden to associate with them by my faith more than I may have to due to my situation in life, I can still love them as my fellow man, still care about them and still fight against there persecution (so long as I am not condoning there way of life) BUT I can not choose to associate with them as long as they are in rebellion against God's will.

Necrobile
That is absolutely correct AND he is correct to feel so - as long it is based in what the Lord has said himself and not simple personal xenophobia as the root of our decision is equally important to the issue.

If you have a problem with those that fight to save the faith in our lord against those that seek to pervert it then I suggest you take it up with God, the Church is NOT a secular institution rather it is a royal house of the Son of God and HE is our King not you, not some Gay right's activists or some secular atheist politician wanting to oppress christian free speech and right's to accommodate deviant behavior simply because it has become so prevalent in today's society.

The church has always had enemy's within and without and this is no different, we accept our Gay brothers and sister's whom choose abstinence and reject there body's, Crucify there body's to be closer to our Lord as they are no different to the best of us whom also choose abstinence and reject our flesh and it's ungodly desires.

Sex is meant to be NOT for casual pleasure when you get drunk on a night out, it is meant to be between a husband and wife and is there for the mean's of procreation NOT for the satisfaction of the flesh itself though that is allowed in correct marriage and even has god's blessing so long as it is between a loving couple whom are not placing it before God in there lives, God created something beautiful the devil perverted it into mindless Lust then created a whole defiled spectrum of variations on that to MOCK the creator and the act of Pro Creation.

Hey we all lust, We all go/went through Puberty but Christian's WRESTLE with the Flesh (we reject this world - well we try too), choose abstinence and when married are faithful to there spouse, as Christ said the two become ONE flesh so to cheat is to defile your spouse as well and to abuse the spirit of God that is present in Christian Marriage.

If we give in how long do you think it will be before the Child abusers start claiming there perversion is a another sex and they are merely a persecuted minority, is not forcing our children to accept and even be brainwashed into thinking Normal what is not normal already a demonic step in that very direction.

And then what Bestiality, even the worst and most evil the Necrophiles whom get there kicks from raping dead people - even murdering them so that they can not then reject the perverted desires of the sick minded weirdo that want's to abuse there flesh were will it stop.

When a society loses it's moral base that society DIES.

Of course we could all just sit there keeping our mouth's closed and never saying that it is wrong as the people like lemming's run off the moral precipice into the abyss but our Lord laid down his life for those same people so it is our duty to TRY to save them, now maybe some of you don't like that - well Tough.

The Lord is Merciful and he gave his only begotten son that we may be saved.

He suffered on that cross and even asked his father to forgive them (us - we have all fallen short of perfect but to make one of these little one's sin - well let's say the Lord takes a very dim view of that) for they know not what they do.

edit on 27-10-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I find it ironic that Christians use the Bible to inform them of "Gods Will" but pick and choose what to them is relevant in the Holy word and ignore the rest.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
nvm ... not worth the time or effort
edit on 27-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile
Love is not the sin the bible speaks of. We were all conceived through sin, meaning the carnal act of sexual intercourse is the sin you are trying to base your comment on. It also says to not spill your seed on the ground, primarily referring to masturbation I'm sure but homosexual intercourse is basically the same as masturbation. The seed is wasted.
But God is a loving, forgiving god and if the person repents and abstains from their immoral acts they can receive God's love just as any other believer.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Sadly, it's very true what you say. Many people treat church like a social club, and they don't reflect the gospel outside of a church setting. Ask any waiter about the Sunday crowd after church - yikes!

For a Christian we tend to wax and wane on our walk down the straight and narrow. We stray along the way. Even the best of us will struggle with sin. Even Paul discussed the thorn in his side and doing what he hates. However, the big difference is that we know it's sinful, we detest that we've stumbled, and we seek not to repeat the sin even if we eventually do.

Others will claim Jesus by name without ever knowing him. They will place immortality above Jesus and what he taught. God delivers people into their own immorality. In other words, if that's what they want he'll let them dive in deep and won't try to tell them otherwise. They'll applaud others for their immorality.

A church flying the rainbow flag in support of LGBTQ is reminiscent of false teachings as discussed in Timothy. Scripture is clear from the old testament to the new that homosexuality is immoral just as adultery and infidelity. The book of Romans is clear.

That's what many people don't understand in cases like the Colorado bakery. We will treat a sinner no different than anyone else because we are all sinners, but just like with any other sin we seek not to encourage it. We cannot involve ourselves in one's transgressions. We are fighting our own transgressions wherever they may be.

I brought a very flamboyant gay man who I'd never met before then into my home for a day while he waited on his family to pick him up from far away. I drive a wrecker, he was in a wreck, and he had two show dogs. Normally we take people to places like IHOP to wait comfortably, but any dog friendly place around was closed. There weren't any options. He wasn't a threat to my family, so I invited him into my home to wait.

I'd have done that for anyone under those circumstances. I was able to discern if it'd put my family in jeopardy which it wouldn't. His sin of homosexuality didn't dictate how I treated him. I'm not on a jury or a judge in the courts, and It is not my job to condemn him. It us my job to judge the sin and to discern the character.

At the same time I would never raise a flag in his support as a homosexual. I would not bake him a wedding cake, nor would I attend his wedding. Im working on my own sins. I do not need to dig my hole deeper by celebrating his.

Too many church goers forget how to make that distinction.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist
You are a wrecker driver? Really? You are the most enlightened wrecker driver I ever met.
S&F to you Sir.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Let me ask all Christians commenting here this question ?

Do you honestly believe Jesus Christ would baptize somebody he knew to be a practicing homosexual into the christian faith ?

He would share a meal with them, he would talk with them, he would encourage them, but as he told that woman they were going to kill for adultery ....."now go and sin no more". After he forgave her and basically told the Jews they had no right to stone her to death.
You are deluding yourself if you think Jesus message is to just be yourself and do whatever makes you happy in life, because it isn't. Yes you can always sin and be forgiven, but major sin practiced for decades with the person making no effort to stop, that is very different than the occasional slip up.

So when you were baptised were you still a sinner, are you still a sinner
When do you think you will stop being a sinner

Jesus welcomed everyone and offered grace, He said
“Come to m” apply yourself and with guidance from the Holy Spirit, change will come if you want it to
No one believes anyone can be a Christian and just live as they were before

The word “major” sin is interesting, what is a major sin and minor sin
What if a person needs 10 years to learn abstinence, will God know the heart or just you

What if they are making an effort to,stop, everyday, working hard applying and occasionally fall. You will condemn them
Where is your middle ground blue

Christ left the church a command, to love

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join